Thread: " . . . the Jets will be a disappointment this year. Mark my words. " ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow " . . . the Jets will be a disappointment this year. Mark my words. " ~ ~ ~

Grain of salt needed with offseason news
    June 15, 2010 - by Eric Edholm

~ ~ We have to keep that same injury perspective in mind when we hear that Patriots WR Wes Welker and Jets QB Mark Sanchez are doing well, running around, and will be ready for training camp. The Patriots have not said anything on Welker, naturally, as they almost never comment on players’ injuries. But the optimism over seeing him run around in OTAs has some fans believing Welker will be ready to play from Week One.

Honestly, I doubt it. Just as I tend to doubt Sanchez will be 100 percent, no matter what he or Rex Ryan says. And if Sanchez is spending a good portion of his time this offseason rehabbing and not progressing as a quarterback, the Jets will be a disappointment this year . Mark my words.

rest of article :
    > http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...offseason-news

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post

~ ~ We have to keep that same injury perspective in mind when we hear that Patriots WR Wes Welker and Jets QB Mark Sanchez are doing well, running around, and will be ready for training camp. The Patriots have not said anything on Welker, naturally, as they almost never comment on players’ injuries. But the optimism over seeing him run around in OTAs has some fans believing Welker will be ready to play from Week One.

Honestly, I doubt it. Just as I tend to doubt Sanchez will be 100 percent, no matter what he or Rex Ryan says. And if Sanchez is spending a good portion of his time this offseason rehabbing and not progressing as a quarterback, the Jets will be a disappointment this year . Mark my words.

rest of article :
    It may very well be, but not because of his knee, unless he gets tagged again. This season will most likely be average at best because Mark is still learning.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gee, a Boston area reporter without a clue speculating on Sanchez since he has to deal with a declining Pats team without one of their best players 100% healthy.

Got to love this gem, Sanchez is actually working with his team without restriction, while Welker is not participating in all drills. A QB doesn't need his legs like a WR does, somebody should clue this moron in to that, and I love the need to relate Welker's injury to Sanchez. One had major reconstructive knee surgery, the other a minor scope to help improve the strength and stability in his knee.

The fear is growing in New England

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    restriction, while Welker is not participating in all drills. A QB doesn't need his legs like a WR does, somebody should clue this moron in to that, and I love the need to relate Welker's injury to Sanchez. One had major reconstructive knee surgery, the other a minor scope to help improve the strength and stability in his knee.

Not true at all. QB's have a tendency to struggle their first year back from knee surgery a lot. However, Sanchez's injury is pretty comparatively.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Not true at all. QB's have a tendency to struggle their first year back from knee surgery a lot. However, Sanchez's injury is pretty comparatively.
    That's Major knee surgery... Brady, Palmer, Mcnabb, Culpepper, major knee surgery the first 2 acl/mcl real serious.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 06-17-2010 at 10:51 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is fine. He'll be fine for the regular season. Much to the chagrin of the Boston beat writers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez's surgerey was a cake walk compared to the ones of Brady and Welker.

The writer is just trying to talk himself into believing his own words.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post

Not to mention Sanchez is a QB and Welker is a Wide Receiver. Yes Sanchez is a mobile QB who is good at rolling out but he doesn't rely on his legs nearly as much as Welker does as a Receiver.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

.... hells yea!!!! and its not even pre-season yet lol.. cant wait for the season to start already!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez had a very minor procedure done. He is currently moving around in practice against the best defense in football and looking good. Let the Boston writers BS all they want. We play them twice this year and we will beat them twice! We all can make grandiose predictions but I believe mine! GO JETS! STOMP the PATTYCAKES!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually anything less than a SB is a disappointment. Last year was a treat and they've certainly loaded up and put the bullseye on their backs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post

I get your point, but no surgery on the knee can be taken lightly. The players I mentioned in my post above all had at least ACL which puts you out for a year minimum, and 2 years to get back to game speed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a crock of sh-t.

This author equates a WR's knee blowing up with a QB having elective surgery on his patella tendon. Ridiculous.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez only missed one game after the injury.

Watching Welker try to play after he blew his knee out would have been hilarious to say the least.

Not even remotely similar.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post

rest of article :

Oh my bad....

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a load of ..................