[QUOTE=Woody56;3626804]Shaun Ellis
    Nick Mangold
    Steve Weatherford
    Brodney Pool
    Tony Richardson
    Braylon Edwards
    Wayne Hunter

from nyjetscap.com[/QUOTE]

I thought Harris and Holmes also? What about Cromartie?

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3626764]If Cromartie is even decent (a step above Lito was in 2009), he'll definitely get an offer to stay. Seems like I type this a lot but Rex loves corners, lots of them. That's the cornerstone to his defense. He wants to put his CB's in man coverage so he can run those bliztes. And a nickelback is basically a starter, so they're not going to jettison Cromartie and go Revis/Wilson/JAG in the future.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that Tanny can and will pay the Core 4 AND Cro??? I am not sure that he can. Rex can like corners all he wants. Tanny holds Woody's purse strings. I am sure that you would agree that we can't pay all of these guys (Brick, Harris, Mangold, Revis, Cro, Holmes and Edwards). Someone is not going to be here in a couple of years. I am hoping that there is enough money for at least the first 4 guys (listed in alpha order not order of desire). Tanny's first order of priority is to put a competitive team on the field. If Rex gets to keep his 3 corners while maintaining that then God bless him. I am just not sure if the money will be there. Revis sounds like he is going to gooble up a lot of cap space.

Plus Cro is going to want a decent salary as well. He will not be cheap no matter what Rex wants.

All League
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3626806]I thought Harris and Holmes also? What about Cromartie?[/QUOTE]

rfa's

All League
    [QUOTE=ozu;3626796]FWIW[/QUOTE]

finally a blurb of good news and it gets smashed down:steamin:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Woody56;3626813]rfa's[/QUOTE]

All 3 are RFA's after this year?

All League
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3626815]All 3 are RFA's after this year?[/QUOTE]

according to [url]http://nyjetscap.com/freeagents.html[/url] yes

Long's deal was 5 years, 57M, 30M signing bonus. That's ~ 12M per year.

Thomas' deal was 5 years, 42.5M, 15.8M in bonus. That's ~8M per year.

Long's deal was much bigger because he was the #1 overall pick in the draft.

Put those two deals together and you have 10 years, 100M - or an average of 10M a year. That's the neighborhood Brick wants to be in, and it's a sensible one.

[QUOTE=LockeJET;3626815]All 3 are RFA's after this year?[/QUOTE]

If the CBA stays the same as it is now, rather than going back to the 2009 rules.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=kcb160;3626811]Are you saying that Tanny can and will pay the Core 4 AND Cro??? I am not sure that he can. Rex can like corners all he wants. Tanny holds Woody's purse strings. I am sure that you would agree that we can't pay all of these guys (Brick, Harris, Mangold, Revis, Cro, Holmes and Edwards). Someone is not going to be here in a couple of years. I am hoping that there is enough money for at least the first 4 guys (listed in alpha order not order of desire). Tanny's first order of priority is to put a competitive team on the field. If Rex gets to keep his 3 corners while maintaining that then God bless him. I am just not sure if the money will be there. Revis sounds like he is going to gooble up a lot of cap space.

Plus Cro is going to want a decent salary as well. He will not be cheap no matter what Rex wants.[/QUOTE]

I think we'll have to choose between Holmes and Braylon but I don't see why we can't keep the others. There's lots of creative things the team can do, especially if they front-load some of the deals and back-load others.

IMO Revis will sign a new deal very soon and lot of it will be front-loaded to take advantage of the uncapped season we're in.

From a Jets-fan point of view like we all have, it looks like a huge list of Pro Bowlers we'll have to give monster contracts to, but it's really only Revis and Mangold that are All-Pro, D'Brick was an injury fill-in Pro Bowler last year, and the rest are "good" players.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3626838]I think we'll have to choose between Holmes and Braylon but I don't see why we can't keep the others. There's lots of creative things the team can do, especially if they front-load some of the deals and back-load others.

IMO Revis will sign a new deal very soon and lot of it will be front-loaded to take advantage of the uncapped season we're in.

From a Jets-fan point of view like we all have, it looks like a huge list of Pro Bowlers we'll have to give monster contracts to, but it's really only Revis and Mangold that are All-Pro, D'Brick was an injury fill-in Pro Bowler last year, and the rest are "good" players.[/QUOTE]

If Braylon has a monster year and goes into the offseason without a deal he could be gone.. Do you think we would frachise him? Because if not he will get a huge deal on the open market and with everyone else we've to focus on we might be able to match or afford him.

All League
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3626783]Dude, you have your head in the clouds if you honestly think that Revis, Brick, Mangold, Harris, Edwards, Holmes and Cromartie are ALL getting long term deals.

I'd say we lose two of them to FA.

And as of now,[B] Cromartie[/B] and Holmes are the most expendable.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Holmes will be expendable, but not Cromartie. We will need good corners in order to get past Peyton Manning on a regular basis, not to mention that Rex's defense is highly dependant on having a top notch secondary.

all this revis and mangold talk aside, DBrick has quietly turned into a top 5 or even top 3 OT in the NFL. HE doesn't get hurt, he doesn't miss any games... he doesn't give up sacks to the other team's best rusher... all he does is his job, game after game... great balance, great wingspan, great feet... and he's only getting better. He could seriously be in this league for another 10 years, look at Lomas Brown's career.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Blast;3626842]I agree that Holmes will be expendable, but not Cromartie. We will need good corners in order to get past Peyton Manning on a regular basis, not to mention that Rex's defense is highly dependant on having a top notch secondary.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why so many automatically assume that Cromartie will return to '07 all-pro form.

And even if he does, he'll be seeking to be paid like one of the top corners in the league. Asomugha has pretty much set the bar for what top CB's in the league are going to ask for, as we know all too well.

Revis is going to get a contract close to the $100 million dollar range and will most likely make $13-15 mill a year.

I'm not buying the argument that we drafted Kyle Wilson in the 1st round to be a career nickelback.

while i certainly agree that lt is more important than center because the lg is going to be slauson or ducasse means that it will be important to keep the remaining experience on the oline. so mangold's priority should be put up a notch. i also agree that the jets need to re-sign the players who's contracts are running out and not worry so much about a player with 3 years left.

I dont think I buy this story at all. The Jets use their reporters to float all kinds of stories and this sounds like one of those deals. I have a hard time believing that all this time it was kept completely quiet that Brick was deep in negotiations. I know he recently signed a new agent (which he claimed was not to push the envelope this year), but I have a hard time thinking that this story is 100% legit.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;3626824]Long's deal was 5 years, 57M, 30M signing bonus. That's ~ 12M per year.

Thomas' deal was 5 years, 42.5M, 15.8M in bonus. That's ~8M per year.

Long's deal was much bigger because he was the #1 overall pick in the draft.

Put those two deals together and you have 10 years, 100M - or an average of 10M a year. That's the neighborhood Brick wants to be in, and it's a sensible one.[/QUOTE]

Id agree. My breakdown a few weeks ago placed Brick between 9.3 and 10M per season. Im not sure how the Jason Smith deal from last year factors into it. My guess is the Jets would start the process around 9M per year and work from there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=LockeJET;3626841]If Braylon has a monster year and goes into the offseason without a deal he could be gone.. Do you think we would frachise him? Because if not he will get a huge deal on the open market and with everyone else we've to focus on we might be able to match or afford him.[/QUOTE]

IMO Braylon's going to lead the team in yardage and touchdowns, maybe +10 TD's, if he does that it would be tough to afford him and just as tough to let him walk. With Holmes having that strike (or is it two?) against him, easy call if you have to choose to give one of them a new deal.

As far as the franchise tag, it looks like if Mangold doesn't get a new deal they'll save the franchise tag for him. It won't be that much for a center. It'll piss him off but a good business decision.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3626869]IMO Braylon's going to lead the team in yardage and touchdowns, maybe +10 TD's, if he does that it would be tough to afford him and just as tough to let him walk. With Holmes having that strike (or is it two?) against him, easy call if you have to choose to give one of them a new deal.

As far as the franchise tag, it looks like if Mangold doesn't get a new deal they'll save the franchise tag for him. It won't be that much for a center. It'll piss him off but a good business decision.[/QUOTE]

Dont all the offensive linemen get lumped together? Last year the tag for O-line was close to 11 million dollars. There is no way for the Jets to even justify that cost for a center. If that story is true the Jets either are cash poor and cant afford up front money or they are using the threat of a franchise tag as a way to try to scare Mangold.

This is good news because you haven't heard a peep from D'Brick. Maybe Tanny will surprise us and get 2 of the guys signed before training camp.

[QUOTE=Jason423;3626862]I dont think I buy this story at all. The Jets use their reporters to float all kinds of stories and this sounds like one of those deals. I have a hard time believing that all this time it was kept completely quiet that Brick was deep in negotiations. I know he recently signed a new agent (which he claimed was not to push the envelope this year), but I have a hard time thinking that this story is 100% legit.[/QUOTE]

Jason i hope that's not the case... but if the plan is to stall the negotiations... starting new ones and playing the core off each other is a good way to muddy the waters. I hope they sign someone... take the pressure off