Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: D'Brick Close to Resigning?

All League
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3626860]I don't see why so many automatically assume that Cromartie will return to '07 all-pro form.

And even if he does, he'll be seeking to be paid like one of the top corners in the league. Asomugha has pretty much set the bar for what top CB's in the league are going to ask for, as we know all too well.[/QUOTE]

All-pro form? Maybe. Maybe not. But at least, I expect him to be a good player. Rex keeps saying he can't have enough good DB's. I have a feeling Cromartie will stay. Admittedly, paying him may be difficult.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3626860]I'm not buying the argument that we drafted Kyle Wilson in the 1st round to be a career nickelback.[/QUOTE] Agreed. And the early signs are that he has good coverage skills.

[QUOTE=Jason423;3626874]Dont all the offensive linemen get lumped together? Last year the tag for O-line was close to 11 million dollars. There is no way for the Jets to even justify that cost for a center. If that story is true the Jets either are cash poor and cant afford up front money or they are using the threat of a franchise tag as a way to try to scare Mangold.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[QUOTE=Jet Blast;3626905]All-pro form? Maybe. Maybe not. But at least, I expect him to be a good player. Rex keeps saying he can't have enough good DB's. I have a feeling Cromartie will stay. Admittedly, paying him may be difficult.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the best case scenario for the Jets is Cromartie being good but not great - means they'd want to resign him and he'd be looking at a reasonable number, rather than top CB $$

[QUOTE=doggin94it;3626974]Actually, the best case scenario for the Jets is Cromartie being good but not great - means they'd want to resign him and he'd be looking at a reasonable number, rather than top CB $$[/QUOTE]

Funny thing about Cromartie.

As a player, I wouldn't mind being part of the best CB tandem in history, if indeed he does live up to the hype.

In fact, I'd take a hometown discount for the privilege.

All League
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3626982]Funny thing about Cromartie.

As a player, I wouldn't mind being part of the best CB tandem in history, if indeed he does live up to the hype.

In fact, I'd take a hometown discount for the privilege.[/QUOTE]Plus, Woody and Tannenbaum did him a major favor by fronting him half his salary so he could take care of his kids. That's the kind of gesture that creates loyalty.