Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Braylon likes expanded role- Cimini

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    true enough we saw edwards get open and get open deep during the season. we also saw him drop a couple of high profile passes and also make some really nice grabs. i can see him being the no. 1 receiver on this team. but also don't forget that they may stress the run game again and that means the receivers must run block as well as grab passes. and if the jets still are run heavy then there will be some limits as to how many times each receiver will be thrown to. also add to the mix is sch#tty's inability to call a great offensive game and his propensity towards a thick complex playbook and the expectations may be way higher than the production.

i think the jets can be a fine passing team but i really have to see it first. the 98 team was very well balanced and it would be nice to see this team do as well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shuler82;3626816]wow.. it's almost as if Cimini was trolling this board, read all the posts about the lack of any substance in his articles, and was "inspired" to write something reaching beyond his usual drivel :cool:[/QUOTE]

yeah, but in typical RC fashion, he writes:

As of Tuesday, Edwards had participated in only 29 workouts, meaning he's 11 shy of the required 40.

Okay, so he hasn't been a total gym rat. But it's progress.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3626664]People think I'm nuts, but if the choice is to re-sign Edwards or Holmes it has to be Edwards because of his excellent size/speed ratio and freakish ability.

You're not going to find guys like Edwards easily.[/QUOTE]

+1 I'm total in support of ^

Strip away the drama and off field fodder and Edwards is the lethal size skill combo at WR that we need, and will keep.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3626662]

Holmes and Cromartie are 1 year rentals IMO.[/QUOTE]

Holmes yes, Cro? i hope we find a way to give him a 3 year deal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3626707]Why would Holmes be way cheaper than Edwards. Their careers are almost identical to this point. Edwards has more natural talent, but an issue holding onto the ball.[/QUOTE]

I think Holmes had a few more drops last year than Edwards did..Edwards was a no brainer for the Jets last year and I truley beleive Edwards is going to have a pro bowl type year with the off season work with Mark.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3626707]Why would Holmes be way cheaper than Edwards. Their careers are almost identical to this point. Edwards has more natural talent, but an issue holding onto the ball.[/QUOTE]

Edwards is going to have much more leverage in negotiations next off-season. He's going to have an excellent year in 2010 maybe his best ever.Versus a guy coming off a 4 game suspension whose stats won't be close to Edwards in the 2010 season. That and Edwards physical attributes will make him significantly more expensive to keep than Holmes after next season.

You can't keep all 4 of our core players and resign Edwards to a long-term deal after Edwards gets 1,000+ yards and 10+ tds next season. You will be able to keep all 4 and resign Holmes to a modest 2-3 year deal however. Tanny knew this and that's partially why he traded for Holmes in the first place.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 06-18-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll only be able to sign one, Edwards or Holmes not both. Losing either will be disappointing but the good news is Danny Woodhead will have another year under his belt as running back/reciever and will step up and fill the vacant shoes.

I predict 2011 recievers - Edwards/Cochery/Woodhead. Top 5 group for sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3626899]Losing Leon in the 7th game affected Sanchez also.. He no longer had a good safety valve receiver out of the back field forcing him to make throws he shouldn't have..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Tomlinson's going to be that guy that Sanchez can check down to when the other guys are covered or the blitz is coming. Those little dumpoffs can turn into big gains.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3626713][B]Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery[/B] make for a top 5 WR Trio as of right now. Three #1 WR's.

Not many QB's are in the type of position that Mark Sanchez is in. Then you add players such as [B]Dustin Keller, L.T and Joe McKnight[/B] (All players that can catch the Football), and [B]Mark Sanchez[/B] could have more Offensive Weapons than any other QB in the league; Including Drew Brees of the Saints.

It's also no secret that the Jets have one of, if not the best Offensive rushing attack in the game today.

Not only do the Jets have the best overall Defense around, but it's looking like the Jets are also building a top 5 Offense in the making.

Bring on the 2010 season; This could become something special.[/QUOTE]

thanks. for a second i forgot everyone on our roster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bleedjetgreen;3627724]We'll only be able to sign one, Edwards or Holmes not both. Losing either will be disappointing but the good news is Danny Woodhead will have another year under his belt as running back/reciever and will step up and fill the vacant shoes.

I predict 2011 recievers - Edwards/Cochery/Woodhead. Top 5 group for sure.[/QUOTE]

I assume everything past the first sentence was a joke, but I can't tell. In the off chance that you were actually serious with this, please note for future reference that Danny Woodhead can not and should not be mentioned in the same breath with actual NFL players. I'd take Bill Bellamy on my roster based on his performance in Any Given Sunday before I'd put Woodhead out there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;3627803]I assume everything past the first sentence was a joke, but I can't tell. In the off chance that you were actually serious with this, please note for future reference that Danny Woodhead can not and should not be mentioned in the same breath with actual NFL players. I'd take Bill Bellamy on my roster based on his performance in Any Given Sunday before I'd put Woodhead out there.[/QUOTE]

Ok, fair enough. Please expound on your brilliance. What do you know that the coaches and staff seemingly don't know?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dco20;3628334]Ok, fair enough. Please expound on your brilliance. What do you know that the coaches and staff seemingly don't know?[/QUOTE]

That comment is boilerplate BS. What function does this board serve if fans can't state their opinions about players without getting that nonsense? Leaves no room for second-guessing coaching decisions, which we do all day long here.

Danny Woodhead is too small, too slow, and too light to play with the big boys. Aside from fantasy value (as in, "what would it be like if [B][I]I[/I][/B] played on the Jets") he offers nothing. He has a little bit of quicks in small spaces, but lacks breakaway speed, so he will never bust a long one after making someone miss, and he can get knocked down by a CB with a forearm shiver, he is so light. The kid is a nice story, but he is not a competitive NFL player on a team with Super Bowl aspirations.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=vinluvr;3628444]That comment is boilerplate BS. [B]What function does this board serve if fans can't state their opinions about players without getting that nonsense? [/B] Leaves no room for second-guessing coaching decisions, which we do all day long here.

Danny Woodhead is too small, too slow, and too light to play with the big boys. Aside from fantasy value (as in, "what would it be like if [B][I]I[/I][/B] played on the Jets") he offers nothing. He has a little bit of quicks in small spaces, but lacks breakaway speed, so he will never bust a long one after making someone miss, and he can get knocked down by a CB with a forearm shiver, he is so light. The kid is a nice story, but he is not a competitive NFL player on a team with Super Bowl aspirations.[/QUOTE]

Pot meet kettle . . .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    braylon is always going to do what he does best regardless of where he plays. what does he do you ask? he DROPS THE BALL AT CRUCIAL TIMES just ask brown fans.