Thread: Canadiens' Halak traded to Blues

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!

Canadiens' Halak traded to Blues

The first blockbuster deal of the NHL's offseason went through Thursday when the Montreal Canadiens traded goalie Jaroslav Halak to the St. Louis Blues.

In return, the Canadiens receive two youngsters: center Lars Eller and winger Ian Schultz.

"Jaroslav's play in this year's regular season and Stanley Cup playoffs was remarkable," Blues president John Davidson said in a statement. "He has had very impressive numbers in the NHL and we are thrilled that he will be wearing the Bluenote for us."

Halak will be a restricted free agent July 1 and has not signed a deal yet with the Blues, his agent, Allan Walsh, told ESPN.com.
    "And I can add that Montreal never contacted us since the season ended," Walsh said.

Halak was one of the big stars of the Stanley Cup playoffs, helping underdog Montreal to huge upsets of Washington and Pittsburgh.
    But the Canadiens felt compelled to choose between Halak and Carey Price as their starting goaltender going forward and chose the younger Price.

Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier will get two players who toiled mostly in the minors last season.
    The 21-year-old Eller played in seven games with the Blues in 2009-10, scoring twice. He spent most of time with the Blues' AHL affiliate in Peoria, Ill.

The 20-year-old Schultz played for the WHL's Calgary Hitmen last season. His older brother, Jeff, plays with the Washington Capitals.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5298330

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Great deal for the Blues, assuming they can sign Halak. They gave away very little. Much needed youth at goalie for them. Montreal may regret this move some day. Price looked very average at times this past season.

Hall Of Fame
    they couldnt have done this before the playoffs????? LOL.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Great deal for the Blues, assuming they can sign Halak. They gave away very little. Much needed youth at goalie for them. Montreal may regret this move some day. Price looked very average at times this past season.
    Great deal for the Blues.....I guess Price is still the man in Montreal? Regardless, with the way Halak performed in the playoffs I am glad to see hi out of the Eastern Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    they couldnt have done this before the playoffs????? LOL.
    Hawks still would have beat you.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Great deal for the Blues.....I guess Price is still the man in Montreal? Regardless, with the way Halak performed in the playoffs I am glad to see hi out of the Eastern Conference.
    I agree with you on that
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Hawks still would have beat you.

someone else on here said the samething to me yesterday... and no they still wouldnt havent my pens!!!