Thread: 2010 is shaping up to be a dog fight here in the AL East.

Banned

2010 is shaping up to be a dog fight here in the AL East.

Should make for one hell of an exciting summer of Baseball.

The Yankees are hot, caught up to the Rays for the lead of the AL East.

The Rays have came back down to earth, but still have a win % of .631 in the toughest division in all of Baseball.

The Red Sox could be one of the hottest teams in all of Baseball as of right now, only 3 games behind both the Yankees and Rays.

And even the Jays are still in the thick of things; Only 6 games back.

The Yankees, Rays and Red Sox are the 3 best teams in all of Baseball. This could be one hell of a season to remember for fans of the AL East.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post

The Rays have came back down to earth, but still have a win % of .631 in the toughest division in all of Baseball.

The Red Sox could be one of the hottest teams in all of Baseball as of right now, only 3 games behind both the Yankees and Rays.

The Yankees, Rays and Red Sox are the 3 best teams in all of Baseball. This could be one hell of a season to remember for fans of the AL East.
    Rays have been average for a month. If they don't get back to the ball they played in April they won't keep pace with NY or Boston. I would be concerned. Shields needs to step it up.
    Last edited by sjjetfan; 06-17-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    Rays have been average for a month. If they don't get back to the ball they played in April they won't keep pace with NY or Boston. I would be concerned. Shields needs to step it up.
    I agree on all counts. Getting Bartlett back is going to be a huge step in the right direction though.

I agree on all counts. Getting Bartlett back is going to be a huge step in the right direction though.
    I personally can't believe we are tied with David Price's Rays. judging by the pure talent level of the players as DWC has praised to us, this is a miracle we are even in it

Reid Brignac >>>>> Jason Barlett

Barlett sucks.

It was always going to be a fight, anyone that thought they would run away with this division was kidding themselves. 3 very talented teams in this division that would be leading any other division.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Reid Brignac >>>>> Jason Barlett

Barlett sucks.
    Since when does having a career batting average of .282 "suck"?

Reid Brignac may be one hell of a prospect for the Rays, batting .300 during his 1st year getting playing time, but still... Bartlett is one heck of a ball player

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    It was always going to be a fight, anyone that thought they would run away with this division was kidding themselves. 3 very talented teams in this division that would be leading any other division.
    I agree with you. As a man, I admit when I'm wrong and I also admit when I make mistakes.

Heading into the season, I made it known how I was feeling. I made it known that in my eyes, the Yankees were the team to beat as defending world series champions but damn, after the Red Hot start from the Rays, 6 1/2 games up on the Yankees... I was on cloud 9.

As a fan of a small market team, could you blame me?

If the Jets were up on the Patriots last year by lets say... 2 games... Wouldn't you have been pumped up and calling for an AFC East title?

Since when does having a career batting average of .282 "suck"?

Reid Brignac may be one hell of a prospect for the Rays, batting .300 during his 1st year getting playing time, but still... Bartlett is one heck of a ball player
    A .282 batting average sucks when you are getting on base at a .348 clip and slugging, if that's what you want to call it, at a .388 clip.

We all knew it in April.

You were the ONLY person to say otherwise.

Congratulations. You've proven once again that your predictions are worthless.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If the Jets were up on the Patriots last year by lets say... 2 games... Wouldn't you have been pumped up and calling for an AFC East title?
    Pumped? Yes! Calling for an AFC East title? No!

Apology accepted.