kobe tha best eva

hit haters

we gettin it again next year

-realtalk-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    yessir!!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't there more competition in the Jordan era? Less teams, talent wasn't spread thin? Kobe can never be Jordan, he was the first.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    6-24 from the field for Kobe in Game 7. Solid game. The whole Jordan vs. Kobe comparison is a joke. Michael would have scored 50 in that game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Avery View Post
    6-24 from the field for Kobe in Game 7. Solid game. The whole Jordan vs. Kobe comparison is a joke. Michael would have scored 50 in that game.
    Embarrassing, and of course he was the focus of the post game ceremony and was clearly relishing it.

Yeah, he has another ring, but he pretty much put a nail in the whole Michael Jordan comparison thing, imho.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Avery View Post
    6-24 from the field for Kobe in Game 7. Solid game.
    His shot was off last night, but he did have 15 rebounds and got the ball to Artest for some key shots. Kobe is an all-time great, one of the best to ever play, and he now has a fist full of rings.

But keep on hating

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Embarrassing, and of course he was the focus of the post game ceremony and was clearly relishing it.
    Yeah, Jordan was never cocky. Nostalgia's awesome

Yeah, he has another ring, but he pretty much put a nail in the whole Michael Jordan comparison thing, imho.
    There's probably no scenario where Kobe surpasses Jordan as the clear GOAT, but he can certainly get into the conversation, if he isn't already. His career isn't over yet.

* 5 NBA Champion (2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010)
    * 2 NBA Finals MVP (2009-2010)
    * NBA Most Valuable Player (2008)
    * 12 NBA All-Star (1998, 20002010)
    * 2 NBA scoring champion (20062007)
    * 8 All-NBA First Team (20022004, 20062010)
    * 2 All-NBA Second Team (20002001)
    * 2 All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2005)
    * 8 All-Defensive First Team (2000, 20032004, 20062010)
    * 2 All-Defensive Second Team (20012002)
    * NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1997)
    * 3 NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009)
    * NBA Slam Dunk Contest winner (1997)
    * Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1996)
    * Olympic Gold medalist
    * 81 point game

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Yeah, Jordan was never cocky. Nostalgia's awesome

There's probably no scenario where Kobe surpasses Jordan as the clear GOAT, but he can certainly get into the conversation, if he isn't already. His career isn't over yet.

* 5 NBA Champion (2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010)
    * 2 NBA Finals MVP (2009-2010)
    * NBA Most Valuable Player (2008)
    * 12 NBA All-Star (1998, 20002010)
    * 2 NBA scoring champion (20062007)
    * 8 All-NBA First Team (20022004, 20062010)
    * 2 All-NBA Second Team (20002001)
    * 2 All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2005)
    * 8 All-Defensive First Team (2000, 20032004, 20062010)
    * 2 All-Defensive Second Team (20012002)
    * NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1997)
    * 3 NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009)
    * NBA Slam Dunk Contest winner (1997)
    * Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1996)
    * Olympic Gold medalist
    * 81 point game
    What's his golf handicap?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Kobe an all-time great? Yes

Is he on the same level as Jordan? HELLLLLL NO!

Two diffrent worlds, Kobe has 5 rings, but only in two of those years was he the best player on his team(2 finals MVPs), Jordan has 6 rings and was the best player on his team all 6 times(6 finals MVPs) as we all know.

Jordan never lost a finals appearence either and won the chamionship in his last 6 FULL seasons with Chicago, Kobe is 5-2 in finals, and even though he was a very good player in the first three, SHAQ was the best player and MVP in all 3 of those finals. Kobe played "Pippen" to Shaqs "Jordan" for the first 3.

Jordan averaged 33.4 PPG in his playoffs career to Kobes 25.5 PPG in his playoff career.

Jordan has 5 NBA league MVPs compared to Kobes 1 league MVPs.

Kobe is a very good player, but he is NOT Jordan, not even close.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets View Post
    ayo

back 2 back

michael jordan aint ****

kobe tha best eva

hit haters

we gettin it again next year

-realtalk-
    Yo use paz yo bedtime foo. Yo home room period in da private skoo stot at 8 Fiteen.

-realtalk-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kobe is a great player..all time great but he is NOT and never will be on the level of MJ..even if he wins more rings than him...he wont...Papz explained it well but some other nuggets...

the league was better in his day..not as much expansion and not hs kids and 1 year college guys...

defense was played..bad boy pistons, knicks, heat etc..

Jordan shot over 50% for the season over 7 times and Kobe has yet to do it ONCE

Jordan had the likes of Bill Cartwright, Bill Wennington, Luc Longley as centers..

Also he never lost in the Finals..

Lakers fans should just enjoy him and the rings but dont get delusional he is not as good as Jordan..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Kobe is a great player..all time great but he is NOT and never will be on the level of MJ..even if he wins more rings than him...he wont...Papz explained it well but some other nuggets...

the league was better in his day..not as much expansion and not hs kids and 1 year college guys...

Jordan had the likes of Bill Cartwright, Bill Wennington, Luc Longley as centers..

Lakers fans should just enjoy him and the rings but dont get delusional he is not as good as Jordan..
    Kobe better or equal to Jordan? Give me a break.

1. if Jordan doesn't take almost two years off to play in the White Sox minor league he wins 7 or 8 championships instead of just 6.

2. Shaq >>>> Pippen as a teammate. Shaq in his prime was one of the top 5 Centers of all-time. Pippen didn't really become a great player until after the Bulls' first three-peat and even then Shaq in his prime is still a more valuable player. Pippen was a very good player during the first three-peat but it wasn't until 1993-1994 that he became truly special and an all-time great.

3. Kobe's team he's on is loaded and they bailed him out last night. Artest, Gasol, Odom, Bynum etc. When did Jordan have to bailed out in the Finals? Never.

Most of these fair-weather Kobe fans were either not old enough to watch sports in the 90s or were frontrunners wearing Jordan jerseys during that time and have now jumped on the newest bandwagon.

-realtalk-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I stated in the thread last nite, there was no Jordan on that court

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Wasn't there more competition in the Jordan era? Less teams, talent wasn't spread thin? Kobe can never be Jordan, he was the first.
    You know, I don't mind people saying Kobe isn't Jordan...but it comes down to a matter of opinion at this point, because Kobe is most absolutely the best player in the league, and one of the greatest to ever play. Personally, I'm taking Jordan over Kobe, but I don't think its unfair to say otherwise.

However, when people call Jordan the first, it annoys me....Did you happen to witness Larry Bird?

Larry Bird is the greatest player I've ever seen on the court. However, I don't think there's any way to justify (without bias or opinion) any of the following players being better than the others:

Jordan
    Wilt
    Bird
    Magic
    Kobe
    Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 06-18-2010 at 12:10 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post

Now thats REAL TALK

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    You know, I don't mind people saying Kobe isn't Jordan...but it comes down to a matter of opinion at this point, because Kobe is most absolutely the best player in the league, and one of the greatest to ever play. Personally, I'm taking Jordan over Kobe, but I don't think its unfair to say otherwise.

However, when people call Jordan the first, it annoys me....Did you happen to witness Larry Bird?

Larry Bird is the greatest player I've ever seen on the court. However, I don't think there's any way to justify (without bias or opinion) any of the following players being better than the others:

Jordan
    Wilt
    Bird
    Magic
    Kobe
    Actually before Jordan, was the DR., but I still maintain Jordan was the best at his position, he was really on another planet, C'mon....no?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reality of the situation is:

Lets pretend for a second that you could go back in time, and in this fantasy world, both Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were in the same draft. You are the GM of the team with the #1 pick in the draft. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, would even need more than two seconds, before handing in their pick card with Michael Jordan written on it.

Not saying Kobe isn't one of the all-time great players, but as Sean Avery said earlier in the thread. Michael Jordan would have scored 50 points last night.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hated the Jordan Bulls but you have to admit -- Jordan never ever ever would have needed to be bailed out by the likes of Ron Artest or Pau Gasol in a game seven at home. Never.

Kobe is a brilliant offensive player and I give him credit for working on his D and rebounding, but his physical strength simply isn't in Jordan's class and he's limited because of it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Actually before Jordan, was the DR., but I still maintain Jordan was the best at his position, he was really on another planet, C'mon....no?
    I'm not knocking Jordan as the greatest of all time...I just honestly think at this point, there's a bunch of players that you can throw into the mix, and it all comes down to a matter of opinion...stats and rings get lost in the shuffle because they are very similar.

Case in point: I don't actually think the Dr. belongs in the discussion with the other 5 I mentioned earlier...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fukushimajin View Post
    Hated the Jordan Bulls but you have to admit -- Jordan never ever ever would have needed to be bailed out by the likes of Ron Artest or Pau Gasol in a game seven at home. Never.

Kobe is a brilliant offensive player and I give him credit for working on his D and rebounding, but his physical strength simply isn't in Jordan's class and he's limited because of it.
    +1

You know whats funny??? This is a NY Jets Website, I would say the majority are also Knicks Fans (as am I) and Knicks fans HATED Jordan and the Bulls because without them we probably win atleast 1 ring (probably 2 or 3 ) and we can even admit Jordan is the G.O.A.T.

Most, if not all, of the "Kobe's better than MJ" supporters are atleast one of the following, if not both - Lakers Fans and Too young to have witnessed Jordan.

They have biased opinions or motives to call Kobe the greatest because he is their favorite player. Jordan is/was NOT my favorite player obviously, but coming from a straight out non biased opinion, #23 is the G.O.A.T. period. To me its not even opinion, it should just be a fact by now.