back 2 back
michael jordan aint ****
kobe tha best eva
we gettin it again next year
Wasn't there more competition in the Jordan era? Less teams, talent wasn't spread thin? Kobe can never be Jordan, he was the first.
6-24 from the field for Kobe in Game 7. Solid game. The whole Jordan vs. Kobe comparison is a joke. Michael would have scored 50 in that game.
There's probably no scenario where Kobe surpasses Jordan as the clear GOAT, but he can certainly get into the conversation, if he isn't already. His career isn't over yet.Yeah, he has another ring, but he pretty much put a nail in the whole Michael Jordan comparison thing, imho.
* 5× NBA Champion (2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010)
* 2× NBA Finals MVP (2009-2010)
* NBA Most Valuable Player (2008)
* 12× NBA All-Star (1998, 2000–2010)
* 2× NBA scoring champion (2006–2007)
* 8× All-NBA First Team (2002–2004, 2006–2010)
* 2× All-NBA Second Team (2000–2001)
* 2× All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2005)
* 8× All-Defensive First Team (2000, 2003–2004, 2006–2010)
* 2× All-Defensive Second Team (2001–2002)
* NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1997)
* 3× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009)
* NBA Slam Dunk Contest winner (1997)
* Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1996)
* Olympic Gold medalist
* 81 point game
Is Kobe an all-time great? Yes
Is he on the same level as Jordan? HELLLLLL NO!
Two diffrent worlds, Kobe has 5 rings, but only in two of those years was he the best player on his team(2 finals MVPs), Jordan has 6 rings and was the best player on his team all 6 times(6 finals MVPs) as we all know.
Jordan never lost a finals appearence either and won the chamionship in his last 6 FULL seasons with Chicago, Kobe is 5-2 in finals, and even though he was a very good player in the first three, SHAQ was the best player and MVP in all 3 of those finals. Kobe played "Pippen" to Shaqs "Jordan" for the first 3.
Jordan averaged 33.4 PPG in his playoffs career to Kobes 25.5 PPG in his playoff career.
Jordan has 5 NBA league MVPs compared to Kobes 1 league MVPs.
Kobe is a very good player, but he is NOT Jordan, not even close.
Kobe is a great player..all time great but he is NOT and never will be on the level of MJ..even if he wins more rings than him...he wont...Papz explained it well but some other nuggets...
the league was better in his day..not as much expansion and not hs kids and 1 year college guys...
defense was played..bad boy pistons, knicks, heat etc..
Jordan shot over 50% for the season over 7 times and Kobe has yet to do it ONCE
Jordan had the likes of Bill Cartwright, Bill Wennington, Luc Longley as centers..
Also he never lost in the Finals..
Lakers fans should just enjoy him and the rings but dont get delusional he is not as good as Jordan..
1. if Jordan doesn't take almost two years off to play in the White Sox minor league he wins 7 or 8 championships instead of just 6.
2. Shaq >>>> Pippen as a teammate. Shaq in his prime was one of the top 5 Centers of all-time. Pippen didn't really become a great player until after the Bulls' first three-peat and even then Shaq in his prime is still a more valuable player. Pippen was a very good player during the first three-peat but it wasn't until 1993-1994 that he became truly special and an all-time great.
3. Kobe's team he's on is loaded and they bailed him out last night. Artest, Gasol, Odom, Bynum etc. When did Jordan have to bailed out in the Finals? Never.
Most of these fair-weather Kobe fans were either not old enough to watch sports in the 90s or were frontrunners wearing Jordan jerseys during that time and have now jumped on the newest bandwagon.
Like I stated in the thread last nite, there was no Jordan on that court
However, when people call Jordan the first, it annoys me....Did you happen to witness Larry Bird?
Larry Bird is the greatest player I've ever seen on the court. However, I don't think there's any way to justify (without bias or opinion) any of the following players being better than the others:
Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 06-18-2010 at 12:10 PM.
The reality of the situation is:
Lets pretend for a second that you could go back in time, and in this fantasy world, both Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were in the same draft. You are the GM of the team with the #1 pick in the draft. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, would even need more than two seconds, before handing in their pick card with Michael Jordan written on it.
Not saying Kobe isn't one of the all-time great players, but as Sean Avery said earlier in the thread. Michael Jordan would have scored 50 points last night.
Hated the Jordan Bulls but you have to admit -- Jordan never ever ever would have needed to be bailed out by the likes of Ron Artest or Pau Gasol in a game seven at home. Never.
Kobe is a brilliant offensive player and I give him credit for working on his D and rebounding, but his physical strength simply isn't in Jordan's class and he's limited because of it.
Case in point: I don't actually think the Dr. belongs in the discussion with the other 5 I mentioned earlier...
You know whats funny??? This is a NY Jets Website, I would say the majority are also Knicks Fans (as am I) and Knicks fans HATED Jordan and the Bulls because without them we probably win atleast 1 ring (probably 2 or 3 ) and we can even admit Jordan is the G.O.A.T.
Most, if not all, of the "Kobe's better than MJ" supporters are atleast one of the following, if not both - Lakers Fans and Too young to have witnessed Jordan.
They have biased opinions or motives to call Kobe the greatest because he is their favorite player. Jordan is/was NOT my favorite player obviously, but coming from a straight out non biased opinion, #23 is the G.O.A.T. period. To me its not even opinion, it should just be a fact by now.