Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets Vs Yankees @ Yankee Stadium

All League

Mets Vs Yankees @ Yankee Stadium

Bottom first Mets up 1-nil

Will it be 3 straight games where the Yankees lineup gets shut down by a mediocre pitcher?

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Will it be 3 straight games where the Yankees lineup gets shut down by a mediocre pitcher?
    hey, at least Vasquez always looks good against these weak NL lineups

All League
    1 ER in 3 innings vs a bum like Vazquez? Really?

I'm actually impressed with Takahashi

lol nice, thought Davis was a better first baseman than that

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Vazquez has been back to his old self this past month or so. Didn't expect it to be easy.

And 99 times out of 100, Davis makes that play. Oh well. At least it didn't hurt us.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Vasquez dominates NL teams. He was a Cy Young candidate last year, obviously in the NL

I never want to see Takahashi again.

We cant get one run off this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    I'm actually impressed with Takahashi
    I'm not, he has like no stuff. His stutter to his throw may be a bonus to throw off the timing for guys. Our lineup just sucks right now, putting together horrible AB. They got shut down by 2 mediocre pitchers in Kendrick and Moyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    Vasquez dominates NL teams. He was a Cy Young candidate last year, obviously in the NL
    Mets also crushed him last year, to the tune of a 4.61 ERA over 2 starts.

This has nothing to do with AL vs NL, he's just pitching good baseball right now.

I'm not, he has like no stuff. His stutter to his throw may be a bonus to throw off the timing for guys. Our lineup just sucks right now, putting together horrible AB. They got shut down by 2 mediocre pitchers in Kendrick and Moyer.
    If I remember he pitched like 6 or 7 shutout innings against us last month. And I remember wondering how can't we hit this guy, and it's the same thing tonight

The double-delay to his windup does tend to throw hitters timing off, but it's also excellent command and a good changeup that's working for him.

All Pro
    Javy is ill

At least Garza got lit up, 7 runs given up.

Strasburg is sick, 9ks in 6 innings.

Rookie
    Call him mediocre all you want, but Taka has had about 1 bad outing in 6 weeks. I'd rather have him in the pen, but He's been a really nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    Call him mediocre all you want, but Taka has had about 1 bad outing in 6 weeks. I'd rather have him in the pen, but He's been a really nice addition.
    2 bad starts, I think hes not going to last personally.

All League
    Takahashi looks very good. And I would think his pitch count is low. Yanks gotta hold em at 1.

Rookie
    2 bad starts, I think hes not going to last personally.
    Yeah, I figured that part out, lol. I think the only bad start he had was against SD. But we'll see how it goes. People have been predicting his demise for weeks. Hasn't come just yet. This isn't a kid...he's been solid in Japan for years. I'm hoping he can just be reliable for a bit longer.

Hall Of Fame
    Great outing from Takahashi! Nice play by DW!

Gotta get more runs though, bullpen can't hold a 1 run lead against this team in this ballpark.