Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shonn better be in the Gym !!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Shonn better be in the Gym !!!

Dug this up tonight .... oh the memories ....

[IMG]http://donovan.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v1/p687027686-5.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Dunnie; 06-20-2010 at 01:24 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    unfortunately TJ couldn't run with his arms when his legs gave out in week 15

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still couldn't break a tackle to save his life.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Memories of being held tightly by TJ? :dunno:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    ah yes, Thomas Two Yards

thanks Tanny for the HUGE upgrade in LT backing up the WAR MACHINE

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dudes ... no love here huh ? I like the Kid (SG), and I do think LT will do 'fine' this year, ... but TJ was a beast and was extremely productive until week 15.

Just saying I want SG to fill the shoes out thats all. Hell I could of run as well as SG last year if I was put in to spell the 'Guns of Navarone'.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plenty of love for TJ, here. TJ was a consumate teammate. A guy that every one of your younger players could look up to.

As far as these nimrods insulting him, wait a while. It's going to be VERY hard for Shonn Greene to top 1,403 yards rushing and almost NO fumbles. Hell, Greene had more fumbles by week 8 last season than TJ had in his ENTIRE time in NY.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3628821]Plenty of love for TJ, here. TJ was a consumate teammate. A guy that every one of your younger players could look up to.

As far as these nimrods insulting him, wait a while. It's going to be VERY hard for Shonn Greene to top 1,403 yards rushing and almost NO fumbles. Hell, Greene had more fumbles by week 8 last season than TJ had in his ENTIRE time in NY.[/QUOTE]

I liked TJ.. but right now, Greene is the better back. If he gets the 331 carries that TJ got last year, I'll say it will be VERY easy for him to surpass Jones' 1402 yards from a year ago. The fumbles? I agree - very concerning... and strange coming from a guy who did not fumble in college. Hopefully it's an adjustment he can make in camp..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... tj gets much props from me in a c-mart type of back way (minus the receiving out of the backfield threat) ... durable ... dependable ... team leader ... solid ... secure ball handling (just forget the afc championship game savage ;) )...

... those are the areas that greene is going to need to improve on this season as the # 1 back ...

... greene also has the electric, explosive through the hole, homerun threat, top end speed, get 2 extra yards after contact ability that tj either never or no longer was able to do last season ...

... greene has the ability to be an upgrade over tj if he can answer the 1st group of attributes ...

... looking forward to seeing him answer the challenge ...

l_j_r
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 06-20-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    love TJ, always was one of his bigger supporters here. but the fact of the matter is that the Jets ran him into the ground the last two seasons, and they know it.

he had nothing left at the end '08-'09, and last year he ran out of gas in the playoffs. now he's a 32 year old back with over 600 carries in the last two seasons.

it's time to move in a different direction. Greene will be the feature back, but will split enough time with LT to keep both fresh and effective.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;3628820]Dudes ... no love here huh ? I like the Kid (SG), and I do think LT will do 'fine' this year, ... but TJ was a beast and was extremely productive until week 15.

Just saying I want SG to fill the shoes out thats all. Hell I could of run as well as SG last year if I was put in to spell the 'Guns of Navarone'.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I'm really going to miss his bulging Bicepts falling backwards every time he ran into the back of an o-lineman. Shame all those hours in the gym never helped him break a tackle.

Typical game for TJ... 25 runs fo -2 to 2 yards, 4 runs for 5 yards, one run for 40 yards.... and that was ONLY because the 0-line opened up a hole big enough to drive a car hrough...

And FYI... War Machine broke more tackles and ran over more defenders in the playoffs last year then TJ did in the entire season... but yeah... muscles are much more impressive than actual productivity... :zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;3628855]... tj gets much props from me in a c-mart type of back way (minus the receiving out of the backfield threat) ... durable ... dependable ... team leader ... solid ... secure ball handling ([B]just forget the afc championship game savage ;) )...
    [/B]

... those are the areas that greene is going to need to improve on this season as the # 1 back ...

... greene also has the electric, explosive through the hole, homerun threat, top end speed, get 2 extra yards after contact ability that tj either never or no longer was able to do last season ...

... greene has the ability to be an upgrade over tj if he can answer the 1st group of attributes ...

... looking forward to seeing him answer the challenge ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]
    Yep lets forget about doing anything in big games that's a sure road to never winning a championship.. TJ didn't fumble because like the compiler he went down easy like a hunts point hooker. Most of SG's fumbles came from fighting for extra yardage. I want see to the ball carried by not only Greene and LT but also any other back that shows ability in camp.. Keep the backs fresh for the post season no more compiling stat monkey's with 350+ carries..:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So? Big muscles dont mean anything look at Vernon.

TJ was average at best and easily replaceable. (His production)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/gallery/files/3/2/0/1/IMG_6381_746843.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Starkweather;3628871]Yeah... I'm really going to miss his bulging Bicepts falling backwards every time he ran into the back of an o-lineman. Shame all those hours in the gym never helped him break a tackle.

Typical game for TJ... 25 runs fo -2 to 2 yards, 4 runs for 5 yards, one run for 40 yards.... and that was ONLY because the 0-line opened up a hole big enough to drive a car hrough...

And FYI... War Machine broke more tackles and ran over more defenders in the playoffs last year then TJ did in the entire season... but yeah... muscles are much more impressive than actual productivity... :zzz:[/QUOTE]

Hey man ... if SG can average between 4.2 and 4.8 without fumbling for the duration of the season ill be happy as hell.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3628821]Plenty of love for TJ, here. TJ was a consumate teammate. A guy that every one of your younger players could look up to.

As far as these nimrods insulting him, wait a while. It's going to be VERY hard for Shonn Greene to top 1,403 yards rushing and almost NO fumbles. Hell, Greene had more fumbles by week 8 last season than TJ had in his ENTIRE time in NY.[/QUOTE]
    TJ was done, get over it. So fn what he never fumbled. Remember the AFCCG? When he was needed the most he pissed down his leg. 30mins away and he couldn't get there.
    F*** him. Thank god he's not a JET anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsonly;3628917]TJ was done, get over it. So fn what he never fumbled. Remember the AFCCG? When he was needed the most he pissed down his leg. 30mins away and he couldn't get there.
    F*** him. Thank god he's not a JET anymore.[/QUOTE]

When we needed our entire team they pissed down their leg. Those are the facts. I guess you forgot that the defense gave up over 400 yards of total offense? Or maybe you forgot Shonn Greene went down with an injury? Just like winning, losing is also a team effort.

Did TJ disappoint when we needed him to step up after Greene? Yes he did. But don't single him out as the sole reason. That's just unfair.

Also, TJ is NOT done. He'll have another productive year in KC. Will it be as productive as last season? Probably not. But just like everything else in football, it's a team effort. So running the football in KC will require the OL, FB, QB, and everyone else on offense doing their job so that TJ can run the ball.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsonly;3628917]TJ was done, get over it. So fn what he never fumbled. Remember the AFCCG? When he was needed the most he pissed down his leg. 30mins away and he couldn't get there.
    F*** him. Thank god he's not a JET anymore.[/QUOTE]

lol, wow. How did Greene do that game? I like Greene a lot but he had THREE different injuries in his first season and couldn't even play "when we needed him the most". Hopefully he won't turn out to be injury prone, because the talent is definitely there.

As far as Jones, he was an awesome player for us, I hope he kicks ass in Kansas City.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just what the Jets need a RB with big arms whose tank is completely empty come playoff time. He'll be irrelevant in KC.

Greene is going to be a top 5 RB in the NFL this year. Mark it down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=child please;3628968]Just what the Jets need a RB with big arms whose tank is completely empty come playoff time. He'll be irrelevant in KC.

Greene is going to be a top 5 RB in the NFL this year. Mark it down.[/QUOTE]

*marked* for future reference !