Post Thanks / Like

Best Jets defense by far?

Rex in his 2nd year
    In one year puts them at #1
    Adds Cromarty & Wilson
    Moves the Ghost to his natural position- Tells him to gain 10Lbs
    Adds Taylor
    Pito & Westerman in their 2nd year
    Lowery gets to play his standard nickel & dime- 3rd year (gets 3rd & 4th receiver or doubles on tightend)

Offense that was near the bottom of the league in 3 & outs will be much better & more balanced.
    Jenkins back after Pouha proved he could play, great depth.

Rex has proven in one year that he is a defensive coordinator to be reckoned with. With the versatility he has among his linebackers, safeties, & corners, 2010 is gonna be real fun. I truly believe that we might even see something that has never been seen before. Rex in 2010 really will have the personel to be the mad genius.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it has the potential to earn that moniker. we'll see what translates from paper to power on sundays this fall.
    Last edited by Paradis; 06-21-2010 at 05:41 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3629840]it has the potential to earn that moniker. we'll see what translated from paper to power on sundays this fall.[/QUOTE]

I really had no idea that Rex was as smart as he is when he first arrived. The guy is the real deal, no more sarcastic comments coming out of Gillette regarding the Jets. Belichick knows that Rex is a "REAL" coach, where as when Mangini was here, BB seemed to always have a smirk on his face when he talked about the Jets.
    Rex is all about respect. He respects the game, he respects coaches like BB, he just doesn't bow at their feet.
    Rex makes BBs job that much harder preparing for the Jets than it's ever been.
    This is a great coaching staff & even Pats fans have come to the realization that playing the Jets going forward with Rex & Sanchez will be no picnic or gimmes anymore.
    Even Brady by making the comment he made about commitment & listening to the coaches knows that the Jets are building a fantastic franchise right now & he won't be able to just show up & beat the Jets.
    It's F*CKING exciting!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 this defense can be somethin' special for sure :yes: i'm a defensive dude sooo i'm stoked!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Defense Wins Championships; and this Defense has the overall talent, potential, ability and coaching leadership to lead us to our fist SB since 1969.

Last year was only the start of something to come, something special. If we thought last year was something else, just wait until 2010; This is the season where the Jets Defense takes it to another level.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 JETS
    #2 VIKINGS (if favre comes back)
    #3 RAVENS (with that offense, they wont be on the field much)
    #4 PACKERS (older, but solid at all positions)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3629929]Defense Wins Championships; and this Defense has the overall talent, potential, ability and coaching leadership to lead us to our fist SB since 1969.

Last year was only the start of something to come, something special. If we thought last year was something else, just wait until 2010; This is the season where the Jets Defense takes it to another level.[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping. One thing that tends to get overlooked about the SBIII team is just how good that defense was. No one is overlooking this defense, not if they know what is good for them.:cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;3629963]Here's hoping. One thing that tends to get overlooked about the SBIII team is just how good that defense was. No one is overlooking this defense, not if they know what is good for them.:cool:[/QUOTE]

In a 14 game season that D gave up 280 points in a 16 game season last year the D gave up 236.. The O put up 419 points in 68 in 14 games and in 09 the O put up 348 in 16 games..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They certaintly have the potential to be the best defensive unit on a Jets squad ever. Time will tell. If we they can improve the pass rush like I think they can, then it will be, absolutely.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;3629834]Rex in his 2nd year
    In one year puts them at #1
    Adds Cromarty & Wilson
    Moves the Ghost to his natural position- Tells him to gain 10Lbs
    Adds Taylor
    Pito & Westerman in their 2nd year
    Lowery gets to play his standard nickel & dime- 3rd year (gets 3rd & 4th receiver or doubles on tightend)

Offense that was near the bottom of the league in 3 & outs will be much better & more balanced.
    Jenkins back after Pouha proved he could play, great depth.

Rex has proven in one year that he is a defensive coordinator to be reckoned with. With the versatility he has among his linebackers, safeties, & corners, 2010 is gonna be real fun. I truly believe that we might even see something that has never been seen before. Rex in 2010 really will have the personel to be the mad genius.[/QUOTE]

Well said and I believe that also. This is already the best Jets defense I've seen and I've watching Jets games since 1974. I think that rushing the QB could be an issue, but with this team being stacked with cover corners, we could end up with a lot of coverage sacks.

I don't believe this defense will stack up with the best ever defenses this league has ever seen but certainly best Jets defense I've ever seen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3629987]In a 14 game season that D gave up 280 points in a 16 game season last year the D gave up 236.. The O put up 419 points in 68 in 14 games and in 09 the O put up 348 in 16 games..[/QUOTE]

68 team had a great one game superbowl performance on D not a great defense all season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets31;3630020]68 team had a great one game Superbowl performance on D not a great defense all season.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.. And Snell did a great job gaining 120+ yds against a Defense that was touted as the best of all time..:yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    so what are you guys saying here? :confused:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing, just saying.......

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3630026]so what are you guys saying here? :confused:[/QUOTE]

That you should bring back your old Avatar..:yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3630032]That you should bring back your old Avatar..:yes:[/QUOTE]

yeah, tell a Mod, they keep screwing with me. :steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, the one with you stuffing donuts down your big fat craw

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it sure didn't look like they were the no. 1 defense at times last season. i guess the reason is because they didn't make a lot of the glamorous big plays like sacks. i think the telling thing is that rex took a team that built on the patsie system, and was middling at best, and made them no. 1 in a single season. did the bellichicken ever have the no. ranked defense? i don't think so but what they did do very well was close out games. remember as good as this defense was last season they still gave up the game winner to atlanta and let the patsies have their way in the 2nd game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3630033]yeah, tell a Mod, they keep screwing with me. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Yeah..one kept changing my tagline...I thought it was funny..

Then I got banned because one got his panties in a bunch about me mentioning the Mods.

As far as the Jets Defense....NyJetsCap.com has some good info on not only the Cap situation, but some articles.

This stood out...and I agree with a poster on this thread that it all has to take place on the field, not on paper.

[B]For the Jets to repeat the kind of performance they had last season will require the Jets to do something that no other team has been able to do in the last 10 years. [/B]The best case scenario is to field a team that is going to rank somewhere around 4th in the NFL in defense and it should not be a shock if the defense falls out of the top 5 entirely. I think this puts things in a much clearer light about why the Jets were so insistent about changing things up on defense by removing Kerry Rhodes and brining in Taylor, Cromartie and Kyle Wilson. I think it also is a major reason why the Jets spent a great deal of the offseason loading up offensive firepower and planning on a more pass oriented offense rather than the much talked about “Ground and Pound” philosophy that the team drilled into our heads last year. The odds of the Jets being able to win 17-14 with a Trent Dilfer type offense simply were not good enough to expect the team to run the same system as last year. For the Jets to return to the AFC Championship game this year it seems as if the offense is going to have to be far more explosive and make up for a few defensive letdowns in 2010."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3630414]Yeah..one kept changing my tagline...I thought it was funny..

[B][SIZE="5"]Then I got banned because one got his panties in a bunch about me mentioning the Mods[/SIZE][/B].

As far as the Jets Defense....NyJetsCap.com has some good info on not only the Cap situation, but some articles.

This stood out...and I agree with a poster on this thread that it all has to take place on the field, not on paper.

[QUOTE]

some old dogs never learn, I guess... especially senile old chowd troll dogs. Enjoy that stimulating football talk at the wcx smack sewer with your pal sporti