Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs. Diamondbacks @ Chase Field

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yankees vs. Diamondbacks @ Chase Field

NEW YORK YANKEES VS. ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS

Tonight: RHP A.J. Burnett (6-5, 4.33) vs. RHP Rodrigo Lopez (2-6, 4.70) 10:09 p.m., YES Network and ESPN

Tuesday: LHP Andy Pettitte (8-2, 2.47) vs. RHP Dan Haren (7-5, 4.71) 9:40 p.m., YES Network

Wednesday: RHP Javier Vazquez (6-5, 5.01) vs. LHP Dontrelle Willis (2-2, 4.78) 9:40 p.m., YES Network

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Derek Jeter SS
    Nick Swisher RF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Jorge Posada C
    Curtis Granderson CF
    Brett Gardner LF
    A.J. Burnett RHP

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN rumors says that Yankees are interested in Paul Konerko on their insiders, if we got him for DH that would be a sick lineup.

1-Jeter
    2-Swisher
    3-Teixeira
    4-A-Rod
    5-Cano
    6-Konerko
    7-Posada
    8-Granderson
    9-Gardner

I doubt we pull that one off though.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    AJ is having his usual remarkable start. He's a fricken mess.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Javy Vazquez is back

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burnett hasn't been good this year, his strike out numbers are down and his ERA is much higher than it was at this point last year...

Hes getting rocked again, 5 runs in the first, 3 HRs....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warm up Swisher

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing is more annoying than giving up 2 out, nobody on runs. And AJ is missing his spots by feet. I mean that ball he just threw to LaRoche was a joke. It was supposed to be outside corner and was on the inside corner. And there's another one... Pathetic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God there was a pitcher up or that would have never ended. The only good thing is if AJ can remember how to pitch after that inning, coming back from 5 runs against Rodrigo Lopez and the DBacks pen isn't more than doable.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I don't know if the Mariners are willing to take the contract, but I would offer AJ Burnett and Gary Sanchez for Cliff Lee in a heartbeat. They really want a young blue chip catcher in the deal, but they have to take Burnett as well.

I know Sanchez is not yet eligible to be traded, but he will be in a few weeks.
    Not to sound smug, but simply don't understand how trades work. First Vazquez now Burnett. It makes 0 sense for them to trade for Burnett.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF just happened? Went away for a few minutes and Yanks went from being down 1-0 to being down 5-0. Didn't AJ get the first 2 batters out? And this is against a team with one of the worst records in all of baseball! I know Burnett hasn't been good the last couple of starts but that inning was just dreadful. Is this a case of him not liking Posada's calls and not really pitching with confidence in the pitch selection? If so, get Cervilli in there.
    Last edited by teng; 06-21-2010 at 10:33 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    WTF just happened? Went away for a few minutes and Yanks went from being down 1-0 to being down 5-0. Didn't AJ get the first 2 batters out? And this is against a team with one of the worst records in all of baseball!
    Well to be fair they have hit the most HRs in the NL... Their bad record stems from their horrible pitching, not their offense. Saying that, that inning was a disgrace.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    D-Backs have a good offense. Lead the league in HR's. A.J. Burnett gives up a lot of HR's. This wasn't totally unexpected, not a good matchup for Burnett or Vazquez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah forget Lee, unless if a major injury happens to our rotation I don't see them dealing off prospects for him when they can sign him in the offseason. Just got to hope Burnett can find his pitches and can have a strong 2nd half.

And for this game, I am kind of worried that we are going to get shut down by a scrub pitcher again. This guy has a 86 MPH fastball, he should be a guy we rock but with the way things been going lately IDK.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Yeah forget Lee, unless if a major injury happens to our rotation I don't see them dealing off prospects for him when they can sign him in the offseason. Just got to hope Burnett can find his pitches and can have a strong 2nd half.

And for this game, I am kind of worried that we are going to get shut down by a scrub pitcher again. This guy has a 86 MPH fastball, he should be a guy we rock but with the way things been going lately IDK.
    5-0 deficits in the 1st inning do that... it happened last time A.J. "pitched"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Their bad record stems from their horrible pitching, not their offense.
    Well here come the Yankee bats to the rescue, we'll restore their pitchers reputations.

Jeebus fellas.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    They gotta send Posada here..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will now refer to A.J. Burnett as Oliver Perez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I think I am just going to skip watching the game tonight and go to sleep, I hope I don't wake up to find out they were shutdown by a garbage pitcher.