Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Smith (Panthers) breaks arm while playing football w kids

Steve Smith (Panthers) breaks arm while playing football w kids

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Panthers-Smith-breaks-arm-062110[/url]

His kids tackle better than the Panthers LB's!

All Pro
    the panthers suck anyways.... i mean they really let that defense go

HAHAHAhahaha my buddies are going to be PISSSSSED!! (big time NC fans)

on a side note, sucks for him...i like him as a football player

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3629930]the panthers suck anyways.... i mean they really let that defense go[/QUOTE]

They really let the quarterback position go as well. Hung onto to Jake Delhomme for way too long. Even gave him an extension :confused:

Banned
    Reminds me of when Robert Edwards ruined his career by playing in a flag football game on a beach in Hawaii.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    well that sucks for smith. i like him as a player. but i love it for carolina b/c i cant stand the team:D

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3630089]Reminds me of when Robert Edwards ruined his career by playing in a flag football game on a beach in Hawaii.[/QUOTE]

... the answer to the warrior curtis martin ...

... the man who could handle 500 carries 200 receptions and 1 halfback option pass a season ...

... :eek: ... :eek: ... :eek: ... :eek: ... :eek: ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3630089]Reminds me of when Robert Edwards ruined his career by playing in a flag football game on a beach in Hawaii.[/QUOTE]

I was watching that rookie beach football game. That had to have you screaming, Vin. In the history of beach football, I don't think anyone blew out a knee that bad.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3629936]HAHAHAhahaha my buddies are going to be PISSSSSED!! (big time NC fans)

on a side note, sucks for him[B]...i like him as a football player[/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3630158][B]well that sucks for smith. i like him as a player[/B]. but i love it for carolina b/c i cant stand the team:D[/QUOTE]

The same Steve Smith that sucker punched his teammate....twice? Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, as far as I'm concerned. Besides, he'll be back before the season starts. Don't feel too bad for the guy.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3630357]I was watching that rookie beach football game. That had to have you screaming, Vin. In the history of beach football, I don't think anyone blew out a knee that bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was really bad. I'm a Jet fan and hate the Patriots but I felt sorry for the guy. He was going to be a good RB in the pros and had his career destroyed by some bs Pro Bowl party in Hawaii. Sux for him and Pats fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

At least he plays with his kids.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3630396]The same Steve Smith that sucker punched his teammate....twice? Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, as far as I'm concerned. Besides, he'll be back before the season starts. Don't feel too bad for the guy.[/QUOTE]

That's why I said as a football player and not as a person. ;)

No denying that even at his diminutive stature, he was one of the top 3 receivers in the game at one point.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3630396]The same Steve Smith that sucker punched his teammate....twice? Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, as far as I'm concerned. Besides, he'll be back before the season starts. Don't feel too bad for the guy.[/QUOTE]

There's no excuse for the sucker punch. Just an inexcusable act that deserved the suspension he got. But I live in Charlotte, and off the field, Smith is a good guy by all accounts. Met him at a supermarket with his kids, and he was amazingly humble when you consider the arrogant persona he displays on the field.

He's just an incredibly passionate guy who lets his emotions get the best of him sometimes. He deserves the flack he got for the TC incident last year, but to a man everyone on that team has respect for the guy for how he plays the game.

Don't mean to go overboard with defending him, but there are enough guys in the NFL we can rip on...Smith has made mistakes, but he's not one of those typical clowns.

Jets Insider VIP
    I wonder if in Charlotte there are screams of outrage and anger and calls for the firing of the front office, coaching staff and trainers from SOPF as there would be here if this had happened to a Jet wideout

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=GreenWave;3632651]There's no excuse for the sucker punch. Just an inexcusable act that deserved the suspension he got. But I live in Charlotte, and off the field, Smith is a good guy by all accounts. Met him at a supermarket with his kids, and he was amazingly humble when you consider the arrogant persona he displays on the field.

He's just an incredibly passionate guy who lets his emotions get the best of him sometimes. He deserves the flack he got for the TC incident last year, but to a man everyone on that team has respect for the guy for how he plays the game.

Don't mean to go overboard with defending him, but there are enough guys in the NFL we can rip on...Smith has made mistakes, but he's not one of those typical clowns.[/QUOTE]

Sucker punches. Plural. The Ken Lucas incident was one thing - at least they got into an argument on the field. But the first one, he jumped a teammate in a film session and essentially ended his career.

I don't care if he's arrogant on the field. A lot of guys are arrogant. I like arrogant. But as far as ripping on players in the NFL, other than Rae Carruth - another Carolina prodigy - I'm not sure who is more worthy of being ripped on than Steve Smith. Who is a typical clown, Ocho Cinco? A guy with a big mouth but no criminal record who busts his ass on the field?

I'm glad he's a humble in a supermarket when he's with his kids. But that doesn't change the fact that he out and out assaulted two teammates on two different occasions. Everyone deserves a second or even third chance, and I'm glad he is otherwise a seemingly "good" guy, at least to the public's eye. But in my book, you don't get to retain the "good guy" label when you pull that sh!t twice.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3632665]Sucker punches. Plural. The Ken Lucas incident was one thing - at least they got into an argument on the field. But the first one, he jumped a teammate in a film session and essentially ended his career.

I don't care if he's arrogant on the field. A lot of guys are arrogant. I like arrogant. [B]But as far as ripping on players in the NFL, other than Rae Carruth - another Carolina prodigy - I'm not sure who is more worthy of being ripped on than Steve Smith. Who is a typical clown, Ocho Cinco? [/B] A guy with a big mouth but no criminal record who busts his ass on the field?

I'm glad he's a humble in a supermarket when he's with his kids. But that doesn't change the fact that he out and out assaulted two teammates on two different occasions. Everyone deserves a second or even third chance, and I'm glad he is otherwise a seemingly "good" guy, at least to the public's eye. But in my book, you don't get to retain the "good guy" label when you pull that sh!t twice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Rae Carruth was a plague on the city. What an embarrasment. And I'm an Ocho fan, so not him either. The people I was referring to there were:

Pacman
    Roethlisberger
    Plaxico
    T.O. (though he was surprisingly well-behaved last year)
    Marshawn Lynch
    Donte Stallworth & Leonard Little
    Matt Jones & Justin Miller (if they still count as an NFL players)

Guys who are embarassments because of their off-the-field activities - things that have nothing to do with football. T.O. essentially destroyed that good Philly team from '04/'05, whereas Smith still had most of the squad supporting him even after the Lucas punch.

I admit that I forgot about that incident several years ago with Smith in the filmroom, but I guess I was defending him in general because his altercations were football-related. Doesn't excuse them though, so I can't argue for him too strongly. He's got the short-man complex, what can I say? ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;3632655]I wonder if in Charlotte there are screams of outrage and anger and calls for the firing of the front office, coaching staff and trainers from SOPF as there would be here if this had happened to a Jet wideout[/QUOTE]

Another fablulous contribution.

Jets Insider VIP
    zzzzzzzzz

[QUOTE=Piper;3632871]Another fablulous contribution.[/QUOTE]

No there is not..... there is some shaking of the heads but Smith has built enough goodwill to weather this.

The front office here in Charlotte IS ABSOLUTELY under the gun for the last few years , specifically the large contract to Jake Delhomme a year before they cut him.

Sad but Smith is one of the few bright spots.