Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets vs. Ravens Matchup- Good Read

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets vs. Ravens Matchup- Good Read

Stumbled upon this earlier today, good read, pretty accurate I'd say and increases anticipation for the monday night opener.

[url]http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2010/6/20/1527581/analyzing-the-jets-and-ravens-who[/url]

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stumbled on it where? Did you write that?

It is one of the most balanced and well researched pieces I've read on here, which is a welcome change of pace. If you did just find it, thank you for posting.

woot

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found it on SI.com on the Jets page. They have some good articles on there sometimes, I'm always looking for something new to read or watch involving the Jets, especially this time of the year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Woot23;3630177]I found it on SI.com on the Jets page. They have some good articles on there sometimes, I'm always looking for something new to read or watch involving the Jets, especially this time of the year.[/QUOTE]

Tell SI that "new racecar" santonio holmes likely won't be playing in the baltimore game.

So much for well-researched.

Just kidding. This article does show how similar these two teams are. I can see a grudge match in the afc title game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was one of the most insightful football pieces I've read in a long time. Thanks for posting.

This opening Jets-Ravens game is going to be really interesting because I think these teams are more evenly matched and more identical than any other two teams in the whole league.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Johnny Rico;3630186]Tell SI that "new racecar" santonio holmes likely won't be playing in the baltimore game.

So much for well-researched.
    [/QUOTE]

I assume you were probably half kidding.

The article ended on the note of which team would finish better.

It never said anything about Holmes being matched up with the Ravens in week 1.

Great read.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Great read, thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Johnny Rico;3630186]Tell SI that "new racecar" santonio holmes likely won't be playing in the baltimore game.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]While Holmes is suspended for four games, the other Jets' receivers are all-around better than the Ravens'. [/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets shouldn't even bother to show up because the ravens have mcgahee!

not a bad comparison. imo sanchez is a better qb thanflacco because he can scramble better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was a fair comparison of the two teams.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait for this game, but at the same time, I wish this matchup was a little later in the year. Opening games can be strange. Although with the history between Rex and the Ravens you would think both teams would be ready. I live just outside of Baltimore and I would love nothing more than a beatdown by the Jets!

Jets have never beaten the Ravens and it seems every time there is some flukey play. The Vinny INT to McAllister in 2000 that he ran back for a TD, the Ed Reed INT that look like he was plying in the schoolyard so many people missed tackles, and wasn't there a Lamont Jordan interception in there? And who can forget the career game by Kellen Clemens highlighted by McCraphans dropping 2 easy TDs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent read, thanks a bunch

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went to college in Baltimore and considered the Ravens my second team. They have some of the better fans in football. A huge following and many smart unbiased fans.

Its no suprise how well written this piece is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tony Danza;3630410]I went to college in Baltimore and considered the Ravens my second team. They have some of the better fans in football. A huge following and many smart unbiased fans.

Its no suprise how well written this piece is.[/QUOTE]

Agree, they take things a little lighter down there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    i hope the OP didn't hit the floor too hard when he happened to 'stumble' on this article, and decide to post it with his first post ever at JI:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good read. :yes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked it.

This is going to be such a good effin' game! This may turn into an offensive shoot out no one anticipated with the new acquisitions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tony Danza;3630410]I went to college in Baltimore and considered the Ravens my second team. They have some of the better fans in football. A huge following and many smart unbiased fans.

Its no suprise how well written this piece is.[/QUOTE]

I dunno about that... did you see the comments on that article. between laughing at our WR corps, and jerking off to J. Johnson, they were pretty critical of us. I'd say that we are being much more unbiased.

....and one of my closest friends is a Ravens fan and there isn't a week that goes by where i don't get the "Ngata" speech

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    "And even though Matt Birk has been great, Mangold is easily the best center in the NFL, thanks to the help of ex-Jet Kevin Mawae."

I didn't like this shout out. Mawae and Mangold were never together here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3630318]the jets shouldn't even bother to show up because the ravens have mcgahee!

not a bad comparison. imo sanchez is a better qb thanflacco because he can scramble better.[/QUOTE]

did you say sanchez is better because he is a better scrambler, i guess 12 td and 20 int as opposed to 24td's and 12int doesnt have have anything to do with that . oh by way according to your theory Seneca Wallace is better than Peyton because 'he is a better scrambler, '