Thread: Buying Jerseys and TurkJetFan

Buying Jerseys and TurkJetFan

I say a jersey related thread which inspired me to post this thread.

I have noticed one of two things happen when I buy a jersey

1) Player gets hurt
    2) Player is traded/released

I know what you're probably thinking, "this is football and players get hurt and traded all the time" but hear me out...

1) Pennington - I buy his jersey he instantly tears his rotator cuff
    2) Santana Moss - I buy his jersey he is turned around and traded that offseason
    3) John Abraham - I buy his jersey he is turned around and traded
    4) Chrebet - I buy his jersey, he gets another concussion and retires
    5) Favre - LOL
    5) Leon Washington - I buy his jersey before last season...well we all know what happened there.

I found myself thinking about buying a Sanchez jersey this offseason or maybe a Greene....

But then I stopped and said wait a minute I ABSOLUTELY cannot buy any players jersey who is instrumental to success, which all are....except one....

I am going to buy a Vernon Gholtson jersey this offseason under the thinking that it may be reverse Karma. Maybe if I buy a players jersey who absolutely sucks, he'll have a good season and turn it around....and hey if it doesn't work what's the worst that happens Gholston is released??

I'm taking one for the team here folks...
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 06-22-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3630379]I say a jersey related thread which inspired me to post this thread.

1) Player gets hurt

I know what you're probably thinking, "this is football and players get hurt and traded all the time" but hear me out...

2) Santana Moss - I buy his jersey he is turned around and traded that offseason
    5) Favre - LOL
    5) Leon Washington - I buy his jersey before last season...well we all know what happened there.

I found myself thinking about buying a Sanchez jersey this offseason or maybe a Greene....

But then I stopped and said wait a minute I ABSOLUTELY cannot buy any players jersey who is instrumental to success, which all are....except one....

I am going to buy a Vernon Gholtson jersey this offseason under the thinking that it may be reverse Karma. Maybe if I buy a players jersey who absolutely sucks, he'll have a good season and turn it around....and hey if it doesn't work what's the worst that happens Gholston is released??

I'm taking one for the team here folks...[/QUOTE]

buy a Brady jersey... we'll all chip in and help you pay for it

[QUOTE=sg3;3630385]buy a Brady jersey... we'll all chip in and help you pay for it[/QUOTE]

my girlfriend was with my while i was buying the LW and she saw a brady and she was like "ohh I like the Brady one, its cool colors and he's cute."

I stopped dead in my tracks looked her in the eye and told her if I ever saw her in a brady jersey our relationship would be over. :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3630379]
    [B]I am going to buy a Vernon Gholtson[/B] jersey this offseason under the thinking that it may be reverse Karma. Maybe if I buy a players jersey who absolutely sucks, he'll have a good season and turn it around....and hey if it doesn't work what's the worst that happens Gholston is released??

I love it. Totally do it. 2x things may happen.

1- he goes the way of the rest on your list which may be for the best. Open up more roster room

2- cause you're buying a jersey in spite, and of an underachiever, it may have an inverse effect and produce a beast of a Jet. Just maybe...

I just hope you're dishing out replica money instead of authentic money... lets hope one of the two things listed above indeed happens.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3630379]I am going to buy a Vernon Gholtson jersey this offseason under the thinking that it may be reverse Karma. Maybe if I buy a players jersey who absolutely sucks, he'll have a good season and turn it around....and hey if it doesn't work what's the worst that happens Gholston is released??

I love the creative thinking:)

Same thing always happens to me too. I bought a Leon about 3-4 weeks into 2008. We had a nice run together in 08 but in 09..........

This year I will be wearing a Toon jersey, can't jinx us there.

Jets Insider VIP
    I had that same experience with overpriced Reebok crappy 80 buck replicas. Pennington, Abraham, Coles, Moss, Vilma -- all gone.

The good part is that they are so crappily made that the numbers fade and wear out regardless of whether the players remain on the team or not.

Since finding jersey101 -- tarajerssey.com, now. however -- the spell has been broken

Sanchez white, Scott Ravens (only 25 bucks), Keller white Titans and now the WAR MACHINE green

completes my collection

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3630379]I am going to buy a Vernon Gholtson jersey this offseason..................[/QUOTE]

Hey Turk long time no talk to and hope all is well. ;)

My first thought is where are you going to find a Gholston jersey with the #50 on it? He was #56 before Barton got cut. Apparently the Jets Shop doesn't think a Gholston jersey would be a big seller either as it's not even for sale on the official website:

[URL]http://www.jetsshop.com/jets/home.php?cat=351[/URL]

My suggestion is to check the clearance bins at Modell's or Dick's Sporting Goods. Good luck. :D

[QUOTE=Limolady;3630553]Hey Turk long time no talk to and hope all is well. ;)

My first thought is where are you going to find a Gholston jersey with the #50 on it? He was #56 before Barton got cut. Apparently the Jets Shop doesn't think a Gholston jersey would be a big seller either as it's not even for sale on the official website:

[URL]http://www.jetsshop.com/jets/home.php?cat=351[/URL]

My suggestion is to check the clearance bins at Modell's or Dick's Sporting Goods. Good luck. :D[/QUOTE]

Limo how are ya!? It's most definitely been a long time.

#50 or #56 both work fine...

Modells has it for $19.99. :)

I'm going to be personally responsible for Gholston becoming a BEAST :)

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3630596]Limo how are ya!? It's most definitely been a long time.

#50 or #56 both work fine...

Modells has it for $19.99. :)

I'm going to be personally responsible for Gholston becoming a BEAST :)[/QUOTE]

For $19.99 you are very brave & our resident hero if your reverse karma theory pans out! :D

Practice Squad
    2007 - Pennington - Authentic
    2008 - Favre - Ebay
    2009 - Washington - China
    2010 - Leonhard - China - A lot of thought went into this purchase, He's a tough SOB and plays with broken bones :yes:

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3630379]I say a jersey related thread which inspired me to post this thread.

1) Player gets hurt

5) Favre - LOL

[B]I am going to buy a Vernon Gholtson jersey this offseason under the thinking that it may be reverse Karma. Maybe if I buy a players jersey who absolutely sucks, he'll have a good season and turn it around....and hey if it doesn't work what's the worst that happens Gholston is released??[/B]

LMAO...

you deserve your own "Real Men of Genius" commercial :D

I am hoping I do not jinx Revis or Greene, seeing as I've picked up both of their jerseys this offseason...

Of late...

I bought a Kellen Clemens when they finally benched Chad for him and we all know how that one turned out... ehhhhh...

I bought a Kerry Rhodes jersey after his big extension and then he proceeded to play like dog **** and was gone 2 years later...

Bought a Leon in July/August of last year and wore it to about half the games last season and then he broke his leg Week 7 and he is now a Seattle Seahawk..

So far my Keller I got for Xmas in 2008 has held up well so I'm hoping for the same for Greene and Revis.