Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now is the time for Shonn Greene.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Now is the time for Shonn Greene.

I was a huge fan of Thomas Jones, I really enjoyed the productive seasons that TJ put up with the Jets; but it was time for Thomas Jones to walk.

Shonn Greene is 24 years of age, he's still young, he's explosive, and if anything... Jet fans could be on the verge of watching this kid run wild for the next 5 years. This could be exciting.

Yeah, Thomas Jones may rank #2 in rushing yards over the past 5 years; Only behind L.T of the Jets. But the man is turning 32 in August. Why keep Thomas Jones for another year or two, when we stole Shonn Greene during last years draft?

With the type of O-Line we have in place, keeping Thomas Jones as our feature would have made no sense. Out with the old (Jones), and in with the new (Greene). Thomas Jones was productive, but he's also lost his burst over the years. Shonn Greene is explosive. Behind this O-Line, not only will Greene be explosive, but he'll also be more than just productive. He could rank top 5 in rushing for years to come.

When you think of the Steelers of the 90's/2000's with Bill Cowher running the show, you think of a team that had a great power rushing attack with Jerome Bettis leading the way, a great head coach in Cowher, along with an elite 3-4 Defense led by Dick Lebeau.

It wont be long, before fans of the NFL feel the same way about the Jets. Great head coach in Rex Ryan= Check. Power rushing attack with Shonn Greene leading the way= Check. One of the best D's around, led by Rex Ryan himself= Check.

One thing we have, that those Steeler teams never had; A Franchise QB.

Leon Washington was one hell of an athlete. If you ask me, Eric Mangini never gave Leon Washington enough playing time on the Offensive side of the ball. Thats just how I honestly feel. Was Leon going to be an every down type of back? No. But I feel that Eric Mangini should have gave Leon more playing time on the Offensive side of the ball. He never did.

To make a long story short, now is the time for Shonn Greene. I'm glad Shonn Greene will become our next feature back of the Future. I'm glad I wont have the same types of feelings about Greene and Rex Ryan, as I did with Leon and Mangini; And thats because Shonn Greene is getting his chance as our feature back in year #2.

Now is the time for the War Machine.

He led all rookie backs in average yards per carry last year, with an average of 5.0.

Yeah, he may have got hurt against the Colts, but Greene put up 304 yards during 3 playoff games against the Bengals, Chargers and Colts on the road. He's the real deal.

Now that Mark Sanchez has three #1 types of WR's to work with in Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery... Shonn Greene could be on the verge of having a monster season.

With Mark Sanchez gaining the much needed experience last season; I cant see teams stacking the box here in 2010. The War Machine is about to run wild.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://100musicalfootsteps.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/now_watch.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    When I saw Thomas Jones leave, I thought...its not his time anymore, then who...who

Whose time is it?

Then I waited and waited and now...now....I know.

To make a long story short

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll bet DWC has average to slightly below average kissing skills.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3630708]I was a huge fan of Thomas Jones, I really enjoyed the productive seasons that TJ put up with the Jets; but it was time for Thomas Jones to walk. [/quote]

My feeling was its not hard for a good RB to look great when the Jets run as much as they do with the OL they have.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3630708]He led all rookie backs in average yards per carry last year, with an average of 5.0.

Yeah, he may have got hurt against the Colts, but Greene put up 304 yards during 3 playoff games against the Bengals, Chargers and Colts on the road. He's the real deal.[/quote]

That was an amazing show.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3630744]I'll bet DWC has average to slightly below average kissing skills.[/QUOTE]

are you volunteering to find out?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3630762]are you volunteering to find out?[/QUOTE]

I'd be too intimidated.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3630767]I'd be too intimidated.[/QUOTE]

i'll be your spotter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3630768]i'll be your spotter.[/QUOTE]

I don't even get the logistics of that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3630769]I don't even get the logistics of that.[/QUOTE]

Lol, think.

THINK!

lmao:D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3630729]When I saw Thomas Jones leave, I thought...its not his time anymore, then who...who

Whose time is it?

To make a long story short[/QUOTE]
    :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    EM31 <--- is thinking that Gr33n3 can be 3l33t.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3630729]When I saw Thomas Jones leave, I thought...its not his time anymore, then who...who

Whose time is it?

To make a long story short[/QUOTE]

you just can't resist can you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3630809]you just can't resist can you.[/QUOTE]

i'm glad someone finally brought this up.

he needs to be stopped.

and the time is NOW.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Greaser;3630754]My feeling was its not hard for a good RB to look great when the Jets run as much as they do with the OL they have.

That was an amazing show.[/QUOTE]

It was but the thing is, his legs were fresh from not running much during the year. At that point in the season, defenses have logged a ton of "on the field" time and they were going against an aggressive run O-Line with a fresh-legged RB. It's been said that our grandmother's can run behind this line and she can. I'll believe in SG when he dominates like he did in the playoffs during the regular season, injury-free and carrying the bulk of the load.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3630744]I'll bet DWC has average to slightly below average kissing skills.[/QUOTE]

You know whats sad? I'll use this guy JetsThings as an example.

I've seen this guy, posting around here for years now; I pretty much know nothing about this man, other than the fact... that he has some type of sick hatred for another poster that goes by the name of "DWC"; Which happens to be me.

I cant remember the last time I've ever responded to the different types of negative remarks he's made about me. I cant remember the last time you've ever seen me quote a post from "Jets Things".

The sad part about all of this? I bet if you check his post history, you could, and would find about 200+ posts, of him saying something negative towards me. I'll be honest here, his comments usually have nothing to do with Sports.

[B]I ignore people this this on a daily basis. Here is why:[/B]

-They aren't worth my time.

I'm a sports fan who enjoys reading as well as talking about Sports. This is JetsInsider; Aren't we all? I guess not.

I never go out of my way to attack others, but for some reason... The more you enjoy yourself around here, the more hatred you get from about 20 different posters.

JI may have thousands of posters per day, but about 20 of these guys stick together, as well as do the same thing: While ruining just about each and every thread out there. If you have nothing solid to add to the table? Then why bring this site down with B.S?

What the hell is that about? What the hell does that, have to do with Shonn Greene and the Jets? Oh yeah, thats right... Just another attempt to piss off another person in life. Well, guess what? Good job. It worked. You finially got under the skin of another poster around here. Congrats; You win; Job well done.

As far as the kissing part goes... I just kissed my lady about 20 mins ago, what about you? :rolleyes:

I enjoy my life. I enjoy talking about Football, the Jets, the AFC East, Baseball, the Rays, the AL East, Boxing, the draft, the offseason, the players, the rookies, the free agents, ect, ect; The whole 9. Thats why I consider myself a real sports fan.

I've been around JI since about 2004. I've never been a trouble maker. I respect JetsInsider enough, to not give these people what they want: Which is a pissing fight during each and every thread on the landing strip. I feel I've done a good job of that over the years. After getting banned last offseason, because of posters getting under my skin, I've learned how to just ignore, move on and post away. Thats the best way to do it.

If this post means nothing, maybe it will mean something to another poster down the line. The more you respond, the more they attack; Until it's like... Why bother anymore? Why bother about talking sports?

Well you know what? Just ignore em and move on. I may get about 20 horrid post's in one thread... But the 5 or 6 solid one's I get, from people talking about Sports... Those are the one's that mean alot. Those are the one's that I enjoy reading.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3630836]You know whats sad? I'll use this guy JetsThings as an example.

I've seen this guy, posting around here for years now; I pretty much know nothing about this man, other than the fact... that he has some type of sick hatred for another poster that goes by the name of "DWC"; Which happens to be me.

I cant remember the last time I've ever responded to the different types of negative remarks he's made about me. I cant remember the last time you've ever seen me quote a post from "Jets Things".

The sad part about all of this? I bet if you check his post history, you could, and would find about 200+ posts, of him saying something negative towards me. I'll be honest here, his comments usually have nothing to do with Sports.

[B]I ignore people this this on a daily basis. Here is why:[/B]

-They aren't worth my time.

I'm a sports fan who enjoys reading as well as talking about Sports. This is JetsInsider; Aren't we all? I guess not.

I never go out of my way to attack others, but for some reason... The more you enjoy yourself around here, the more hatred you get from about 20 different posters.

JI may have thousands of posters per day, but about 20 of these guys stick together, as well as do the same thing: While ruining just about each and every thread out there. If you have nothing solid to add to the table? Then why bring this site down with B.S?

What the hell is that about? What the hell does that, have to do with Shonn Greene and the Jets? Oh yeah, thats right... Just another attempt to piss off another person in life. Well, guess what? Good job. It worked. You finially got under the skin of another poster around here. Congrats; You win; Job well done.

As far as the kissing part goes... I just kissed my lady about 20 mins ago, what about you? :rolleyes:

I enjoy my life. I enjoy talking about Football, the Jets, the AFC East, Baseball, the Rays, the AL East, Boxing, the draft, the offseason, the players, the rookies, the free agents, ect, ect; The whole 9. Thats why I consider myself a real sports fan.

I've been around JI since about 2004. I've never been a trouble maker. I respect JetsInsider enough, to not give these people what they want: Which is a pissing fight during each and every thread on the landing strip. I feel I've done a good job of that over the years. After getting banned last offseason, because of posters getting under my skin, I've learned how to just ignore, move on and post away. Thats the best way to do it.

If this post means nothing, maybe it will mean something to another poster down the line. The more you respond, the more they attack; Until it's like... Why bother anymore? Why bother about talking sports?

Well you know what? Just ignore em and move on. I may get about 20 horrid post's in one thread... But the 5 or 6 solid one's I get, from people talking about Sports... Those are the one's that mean alot. Those are the one's that I enjoy reading.[/QUOTE]

I laughed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3630843]I laughed.[/QUOTE]

Did you read it or just start laughing :i_dont_kn

That was SB3esque.

Real people, real feelings and what not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3630836]

JI may have thousands of posters per day, but about 20 of these guys stick together, as well as do the same thing: While ruining just about each and every thread out there. [B]If you have nothing solid to add to the table?[/B] Then why bring this site down with B.S?

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing our definitions of "solid" vary greatly. :rolleyes:

You recycle the same ideas in every one of your threads and you're a foil to the regulars of JI.

If you want to put me on ignore, please do so, just as I will continue to think your topics are idiotic and derivative.