Wright and All-Star Game voting

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

RANK PLAYER NAME NL TEAM TOTAL VOTES
    1. Placido Polanco Phillies 1,157,196
    2. David Wright Mets 1,026,658
    3. Chipper Jones Braves 871,375
    4. Casey McGehee Brewers 833,959
    5. Scott Rolen Reds 812,450

Cmon, we gotta fix this. 130,000 behind Placido Polanco? Seriously?

Link to vote - http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_st...10/ballot.html

Scott Rolen actually deserves it, but when it comes to fan voting, as Clint Eastwood said to Gene Hackman... "Deserves got nothin' to do with it."

Hall Of Fame
    Polanco first, Rolen fifth, and Zimmerman nowhere to be seen.

What a joke.

I don't disagree with you about Rolen or Zimmerman, they're having great years, but lets face it, they got no shot to win, our boy does.

And the fact that Polanco is leading the voting is simply a joke. He doesn't deserve to be an All-Star. Wright does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I don't disagree with you about Rolen or Zimmerman, they're having great years, but lets face it, they got no shot to win, our boy does.

And the fact that Polanco is leading the voting is simply a joke. He doesn't deserve to be an All-Star. Wright does.
    Funny, I saw that today and spent the last 30 mins of work voting.

People really need to get on this and make your vote count!

ok i'm done, but seriously, go vote....

All Pro
    Everything about the All-Star game is a joke, has been for quite some time now. Polanco is proof that this year is no different than years past.

Everybody (even Phillies fans) know that Zimmerman, Wright, and Rolen are way better than Placido could ever dream of being.

I really couldn't care any less about the entire event. Well, the HR Derby is fun to watch for about 30 mins.

And the fact that it determines homefield in the WS is a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Everything about the All-Star game is a joke, has been for quite some time now. Polanco is proof that this year is no different than years past.

Everybody (even Phillies fans) know that Zimmerman, Wright, and Rolen are way better than Placido could ever dream of being.

I really couldn't care any less about the entire event. Well, the HR Derby is fun to watch for about 30 mins.

And the fact that it determines homefield in the WS is a travesty.
    +1000

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Don't vote! Let Mr Wright have the three days off.

What a joke, the best 3B in the NL isn't even among the top 5 in votes for the position.

I voted for Ryan Zimmerman myself. Rolen gets helped by that ballpark and my guess is at this point, Zimmerman's defense is better than Rolen's.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Don't vote! Let Mr Wright have the three days off.
    Wright's more likely to **** up his swing by not playing for 3 days, then he is for going out there and having 2 at-bats in an exhibition game. He still has off-days sandwiching the ASG.

Sorry, but that argument just doesn't hold any weight. All it does is rob Wright of career accolades that might ultimately decide if he's a Hall of Fame player or not.

Wright's more likely to **** up his swing by not playing for 3 days, then he is for going out there and having 2 at-bats in an exhibition game. He still has off-days sandwiching the ASG.

Sorry, but that argument just doesn't hold any weight. All it does is rob Wright of career accolades that might ultimately decide if he's a Hall of Fame player or not.
    But he shouldn't be voted into the ASG this year...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    But he shouldn't be voted into the ASG this year...
    NL Leader in RBI...OPS of over .900, hitting over .290. Great defense.

what else do you want out of the guy?

Only guy you could possibly argue is Zimmerman, and his offensive stats are a bit below...or Scott Rolen, who I could live with..

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

...Or a couple of days off clears his mind and he has the best second half of any 3B in the history of baseball. People 20 years from now tell their grandchildren about the second half David Wright had in 2010...

See how I did that?

Downtime is good. The Allstar game is a joke. Nobody cares. Nobody watches. Let the players have a couple of days off.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    NL Leader in RBI...OPS of over .900, hitting over .290. Great defense.

what else do you want out of the guy?

Only guy you could possibly argue is Zimmerman, and his offensive stats are a bit below...or Scott Rolen, who I could live with..
    I want him to be the best third baseman in the NL, and he is not. Zimmerman is.

And David Wright's defense is not "great."

Zimmerman's offensive stats are not a bit below by the way, they are pretty much identical, although Zimmerman plays better defense.

Zimmerman's offensive stats are not a bit below by the way, they are pretty much identical, although Zimmerman plays better defense.
    Wright's got him by 9 points in avg, 11 sb, and 22 rbi. I wouldn't call that pretty much identical. And fielding is subjective. The gold glove always seems to the good fielding/good hitting player. Did Wright's defense decline last year? No, his batting stats did and they throw it to Zimmerman. Which is great for him. Can't go wrong on defense with either Wright or Z.

David sometimes has problems with the routine plays but a few defensive metric guys have claimed he makes a ton of above average plays at 3rd. ESPN had an article about it like a month ago. I like zimmerman a lot but wright is the better offensive player and the.defense isn't very far apart. Therefore, ill take wright as the best in the nl.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JVilma View Post
    Wright's got him by 9 points in avg, 11 sb, and 22 rbi. I wouldn't call that pretty much identical. And fielding is subjective. The gold glove always seems to the good fielding/good hitting player. Did Wright's defense decline last year? No, his batting stats did and they throw it to Zimmerman. Which is great for him. Can't go wrong on defense with either Wright or Z.
    my thoughts exactly. I'm not gonna hate on Z...he's a great player. But to say that David doesn't supply great D at 3rd is just plain wrong. You can't go wrong with either of them. Since the offesive numbers tilt to wright...DW should be the NL starter at 3rd. You could argue Z or Rolen...you CAN'T argue Polanco.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...n=2010&month=0

It's close, but you were saying?

Wright looks like he's back to being an elite player. And from what I've seen.. he's been playing great defense.