Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: One of the best days in Jets history..

  1. #1

    One of the best days in Jets history..


  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,866
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CijM_wF8J1c


    I get the chills every time I see that the Pats beat Miami to this day.
    Nice find, thanks for posting.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Walla Walla, Wa.
    Posts
    932
    Excellent. Great way to start the day!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Man, Pennington was a TD machine that year. His biggest fan was SAR

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,148
    Pennington, Moss, Coles, Chrebet...... man I loved that team.

    I remember exactly where I was watching that game. Good times.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Pennington, Moss, Coles, Chrebet...... man I loved that team.

    I remember exactly where I was watching that game. Good times.
    Don't forget about CMart & Richie Anderson, too.

    2002 was an awesome ride (after the horrific start)

    The Denver game that season was/is one of my favorite all time games, and I don't know why. Just something about it.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Don't forget about CMart & Richie Anderson, too.

    2002 was an awesome ride (after the horrific start)

    The Denver game that season was/is one of my favorite all time games, and I don't know why. Just something about it.
    Yep where would we have been without Martins 1094 yds and 7 tds in 02??

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Yep where would we have been without Martins 1094 yds and 7 tds in 02??
    We'd be stuck with LaMont Jordan gaining 3.8ypc and averaging 1 fumble every 21 carries.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    We'd be stuck with LaMont Jordan gaining 3.8ypc and averaging 1 fumble every 21 carries.
    And his 2 td's and 100+ rushing in the Colts game.. Hey if 3.8 sucks how did that 3.5 work for you in 98 after giving up a huge contact and a 1st and 3rd pick? ( not to mention his 14 yds in the Denver game)

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And his 2 td's and 100+ rushing in the Colts game.. Hey if 3.8 sucks how did that 3.5 work for you in 98 after giving up a huge contact and a 1st and 3rd pick? ( not to mention his 14 yds in the Denver game)
    Ah yes, 1998, where we were an aerial assault and where we still got to the AFC Championship Game where the JETS LOSING THE TURNOVER BATTLE 6-TO-0 was the reason we lost, not Curtis Martin.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,148
    The Denver game that season was/is one of my favorite all time games, and I don't know why. Just something about it.
    Was this the game where Griese was driving the broncos late in the 4th and the great jon McGraw picked him in the endzone?

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Was this the game where Griese was driving the broncos late in the 4th and the great jon McGraw picked him in the endzone?
    I'm not sure if it was in the endzone or not, but yes that was the McGraw INT game.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Would have been awesome if we had Coles and Moss both in their primes.

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    769
    2:04 into that first video was one of the top 5 greatest moments I ever had in that stadium. The vibe from there on out was no other regular season game I was at. Last years Bengals game was great and all but playing for the division was just different.

  15. #15
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by buickrob View Post
    2:04 into that first video was one of the top 5 greatest moments I ever had in that stadium. The vibe from there on out was no other regular season game I was at. Last years Bengals game was great and all but playing for the division was just different.
    +1 I remember Herm and the players looking up at the crowd for updates. Priceless

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Don't forget about CMart & Richie Anderson, too.

    2002 was an awesome ride (after the horrific start)

    The Denver game that season was/is one of my favorite all time games, and I don't know why. Just something about it.
    +1
    Cmart was the reason our Play Action worked so well!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us