Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants Stadium, Going, Going ....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Giants Stadium, Going, Going ....

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/stadium/view_construction_cam[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    down to one crummy blue and green seated section in the stadium named for our inferior co-tenants

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3631873]down to one crummy blue and green seated section in the stadium named for our inferior co-tenants[/QUOTE]
    I pass it every morning on my way to Secaucus to my office. I'm waiting for that last piece to fall to hop out my car and take a picture and dance a jig.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VINNYT;3632059]I pass it every morning on my way to Secaucus to my office. I'm waiting for that last piece to fall to hop out my car and take a picture and dance a jig.[/QUOTE]

anything different w/Xanadu??

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3632157]anything different w/Xanadu??[/QUOTE]

[url]http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/2010/06/will_miami_dolphins_owner_stev.html[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting

as long as he doesn't paint the place aqua and orange and rename it Dolphinland USA it's probably a positive step

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3632157]anything different w/Xanadu??[/QUOTE]
    It's still its ugly a** self. such a waste. they can invest more money in it but they still have to get retailers in the place which from what i have heard have been backing out.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... def smart idea changing the name ...

... and if it's going to happen, the superbowl would certainly help draw some business ...

l_j_r

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best thing to do right now would be to secure some of that space at Xanadu or whatever it's name is. Then, put in a giant sports bar. With the SB coming, you cant lose.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big L;3632620]Best thing to do right now would be to secure some of that space at Xanadu or whatever it's name is. Then, put in a giant sports bar. With the SB coming, you cant lose.[/QUOTE]
    yes you can. with all the press and people coming in for that game i can see that entire complex being CLOSED on that super bowl sunday. they are gonna need all the spaces they have. no need for the family to go to bed bath and beyond and take up spots that day

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3632580]Interesting

as long as he doesn't paint the place aqua and orange and rename it Dolphinland USA it's probably a positive step[/QUOTE]

He doesn't have to paint it...

[IMG]http://www.eventective.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/xenadu11.jpg[/IMG]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    They need to step up the pace - went to Bon Jovi and the construction made it a nightmare for parking and entering/exiting the stadium - any ETA on when this will be completed? Doesnt look like it will be done by preseason - hopefully by week 1.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3632684]He doesn't have to paint it...

[IMG]http://www.eventective.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/xenadu11.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

If ever there were a justifiable reason for arson, this is it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;3632618]... def smart idea changing the name ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

But you would think they could get a little more imaginative than meadowlands...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3632720]If ever there were a justifiable reason for arson, this is it.[/QUOTE]
    It's the worst thing EVER!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3632720]If ever there were a justifiable reason for arson, this is it.[/QUOTE]

+100. What a freaking eyesore. Almost embarassing that this thing will be in viewing distance from our new stadium.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrowningNagle;3632716]They need to step up the pace - went to Bon Jovi and the construction made it a nightmare for parking and entering/exiting the stadium - any ETA on when this will be completed? Doesnt look like it will be done by preseason - hopefully by week 1.[/QUOTE]
    only one section left to come down from the old place. they have be paving all the lots on rt 120. a couple of huge piles of sand and rubble. since i pass it every day i will tell ya, when they move, they move fast. i can see that last section come down and the piles gone in two weeks whenever they start it. with the fair in the lot and one more jovi show i would guess that after july 9th is when they will go nuts since they will have a month to get everything out before that first pre-season game vs little blue.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    wait -- that's got to be a photoshop job

last time I saw the remains of that fiasco at the LAX games, the ski slope was still painted a handsome "monkeysh!t brown" color"

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VINNYT;3632726]only one section left to come down from the old place. they have be paving all the lots on rt 120. a couple of huge piles of sand and rubble. since i pass it every day i will tell ya, when they move, they move fast. i can see that last section come down and the piles gone in two weeks whenever they start it. with the fair in the lot and one more jovi show i would guess that after july 9th is when they will go nuts since they will have a month to get everything out before that first pre-season game vs little blue.[/QUOTE]

But if I remember correctly they have made no promises about the mess being cleaned up before regular season opener. They are figuring the stadium won't be full for preseason, so not a big deal. I'm guessing the Jets/Giants game will be quite crowded, though.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    And, GONE!

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/stadium/view_construction_cam[/url]