Thread: jets trades won't come back to haunt them

jets trades won't come back to haunt them

looking at the jets trades this year and last year.tells me that the players they traded away.did not and will not come back to haunt them.can somebody list the players we traded away last year and this year?I am sure that I am close to 100% right.

Veteran
    how can you make this statement when you dont even know who or WHAT was traded?

yikes :eek:

crash and burn

[QUOTE=jets31;3631925]how can you make this statement when you dont even know who or WHAT was traded?[/QUOTE]

:D

Details, details. You want to spoil everything with details.

Jets Insider VIP
    More of the quality you've come to expect from JR!:alien:
    Last edited by Jetworks; 06-23-2010 at 05:44 PM.

lol 1) you can't even name the players we traded, and 2) I don't think anyone ever really thought it was the actual players we traded away that would hurt the Jets. What many thought would hurt is the lack of quality depth the team would have in the long run to the lack of draft picks they gave away in trades. I don't see anyone currently clamoring that Chansi Stuckey or Jason Trusnik are on the verge of becoming stars.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kcb160;3631997]:D

Details, details. You want to spoil everything with details.[/QUOTE]

Be careful or Mr Statistics will show up! :eek:

Rookie
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3631918]looking at the jets trades this year and last year.tells me that the players they traded away.did not and will not come back to haunt them.can somebody list the players we traded away last year and this year?I am sure that I am close to 100% right.[/QUOTE]

Nice post. Good quick thinking. I agree. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Exactly

we should have drafted josh freeman

Hall Of Fame
    well certainly good value in the trades for cromartie and holmes. people wanna talk smack about the vilma deal but he was dealt a year late if anything. Tanny has been behind some great trades since he's been here:

off the top of my head:

Pete Kendall to Washington
    Kevan Barlow from San Francisco
    Thomas Jones from Chicago
    Dewayne Robertson to Denver
    Kris Jenkins from Carolina
    Jonathan Vilma to New Orleans
    Brett Favre from Green Bay
    Moving up for Darrelle Revis
    Moving up for Dustin Keller
    Moving up for Mark Sanchez
    Moving up for Shonne Greene
    Braylon Edwards from Cleveland
    Antonio Cromartie from San Diego
    Kerry Rhodes to Arizona
    Santonio Holmes from Pittsburgh
    Leon Washington to Seattle

like a player, tanny has progressivly gotten better.
    Last edited by WeskerLogan; 06-24-2010 at 12:23 PM.

[QUOTE=mrorange43;3632781]we should have drafted josh freeman[/QUOTE]

I can't win them all.but lets not judge freeman too early.it was only his first year and look who he is playing for.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3631918]looking at the jets trades this year and last year.tells me that the players they traded away.did not and will not come back to haunt them.can somebody list the players we traded away last year and this year?I am sure that I am close to 100% right.[/QUOTE]

lemme see if I can name the [B]trades[/B]

last year it was Chansi Stuckey to cleveland Browns

this year its Leon Washington to Seattle Seahawks

Cherry Rhodes to Arizona Cardinals

thomas jones is a free agent so thats a no trade. We dont play Seattle or Arizona in the regular season not unless they make it to the superbowl and both are from the NFC western conference.

the only trade that "could" bite them is Rhodes.

The defense was #1 last year and he was a big part of it... even when he was benched he was always deep middle on nickel downs.

Im not saying the D will be bad... all I'm saying is Rhodes is a very talented player, he played well in the playoffs, and everyone assumes trading him made the team better. That might not necessarily be true.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3634281]the only trade that "could" bite them is Rhodes.

The defense was #1 last year and he was a big part of it... even when he was benched he was always deep middle on nickel downs.

Im not saying the D will be bad... all I'm saying is Rhodes is a very talented player, he played well in the playoffs, and everyone assumes trading him made the team better. That might not necessarily be true.[/QUOTE]

Rhodes was flat-footed and indecisive throughout the season, and he certainly didn't play well in the playoffs, especially against the Colts. This was evident in the deep pass to Collie (and subsequent TD) and the Clark TD. The Bengals had virtually nothing in the way of a TE or viable 2nd WR so his job there was pretty easy, and I saw him get beat by Gates a few times against SD. In fact, if he dispenses with the melodramatic Captain Kirk roll after the Rivers sack and fumble he had, he likely recovers the ball as well. Well, he caught the onside kick, so he did do something, just not as a FS. :rolleyes:

The only thing rangy about him is his build, and the most range he showed were his spots for Karaco suits and "My Super Bowl Journey" segments. Plenty of style, little substance. Saying he was a big part of the defense being #1 is a disservice to the rest of the team. Rhodes was the best warm body the Jets had for the position, nothing more.

No offense to anyone in particular, but when I see guys on this board come to the defesne of Rhodes by saying he was this wonderful player I sometimes question what the heck they're looking at, well, at least last season anyway.

rhodes was a very average player. he had two above average years that got him his contract and then stayed in his comfort zone. glad he's gone.

[QUOTE=Jetworks;3634418]Rhodes was flat-footed and indecisive throughout the season, and he certainly didn't play well in the playoffs, especially against the Colts. This was evident in the deep pass to Collie (and subsequent TD) and the Clark TD. The Bengals had virtually nothing in the way of a TE or viable 2nd WR so his job there was pretty easy, and I saw him get beat by Gates a few times against SD. In fact, if he dispenses with the melodramatic Captain Kirk roll after the Rivers sack and fumble he had, he likely recovers the ball as well. Well, he caught the onside kick, so he did do something, just not as a FS. :rolleyes:

The only thing rangy about him is his build, and the most range he showed were his spots for Karaco suits and "My Super Bowl Journey" segments. Plenty of style, little substance. Saying he was a big part of the defense being #1 is a disservice to the rest of the team. Rhodes was the best warm body the Jets had for the position, nothing more.

No offense to anyone in particular, but when I see guys on this board come to the defesne of Rhodes by saying he was this wonderful player I sometimes question what the heck they're looking at, well, at least last season anyway.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    lets not forget Abram Elam, Kenyon Coleman, Brett Ratliff and a second round pick for an elite franchise quarterback