Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets vs We/Us/Our

Jets vs We/Us/Our

I've been called out on both forums and in the physical realm :D for referring to the Jets as we/us. For example, "Our defense is stacked!" or "We're going all the way."

The way I get called out usually goes something like this, "I'm sorry, do you play for the NY Jets? You mean the Jets are going all the way."

My feeling is many fan take ownership of their team in a way thats hard to explain. Not only that but the tribal mentality of being around other fans contribute to this sense of vested interest.

is there anyone that considers this a pet peeve when a fan refers to a team as 'we'?

"We're gonna win! We're gonna win!"

"THEY SUCK!"

That's how it goes.

Rookie
    for the most part no one seems to mind or even notice. Occasionally I will get called out on it too, bu that is usually from a moron that just likes to complain. I am thinking the majority of real fans use We or Us instead of The Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    If u bleed jet green, u most definately can say "we" etc
    Last edited by Joe W. Namath; 06-23-2010 at 05:38 PM.

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xZdZD0Sy-is/SWpwzVR1gTI/AAAAAAAAAQw/CKms7DXUBbw/s320/mindMatters320x320.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    I don't mind it either, I've been called out on doing he same thing by a hand full of DB's.

I don't care.

fixed
    Last edited by jetsnrangers; 06-23-2010 at 06:05 PM.

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3631998]
    I could care less.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying you care a lot. Infact you care enough that you have some to spare?

I don't get it

:confused:

:D

[QUOTE=Jonathan;3631950]"We're gonna win! We're gonna win!"

"THEY SUCK!"

That's how it goes.[/QUOTE]

YES! :rockon:

I always refer to the team as us/we so anyone who has a problem with that can check it at the door.
    Last edited by hatnlvr; 06-23-2010 at 05:59 PM.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3631998]I don't mind it either, I've been called out on doing he same thing by a hand full of[B] DB's[/B].

I could care less.[/QUOTE]

Dirt, or Douche?

[QUOTE=Greaser;3631949]I've been called out on both forums and in the physical realm :D for referring to the Jets as we/us. For example, "Our defense is stacked!" or "We're going all the way."

The way I get called out usually goes something like this, "I'm sorry, do you play for the NY Jets? You mean the Jets are going all the way."

My feeling is many fan take ownership of their team in a way thats hard to explain. Not only that but the tribal mentality of being around other fans contribute to this sense of vested interest.

is there anyone that considers this a pet peeve when a fan refers to a team as 'we'?[/QUOTE]
    Since "we" have bought psls which is in turn a piece of the team. 'We" and "Our" can be used.

I'm guessing you were listening to MIke and Mike on espn this morning. either that or you are greeny!!!!

[QUOTE=VINNYT;3632029]Since "we" have bought psls which is in turn a piece of the team. 'We" and "Our" can be used.

I'm guessing you were listening to MIke and Mike on espn this morning. either that or you are greeny!!!![/QUOTE]

Nah, just had a Broncos fan pull this crap on me. The funny thing is when I asked him to name 10 players besides Tim Tebow he couldn't do it.
    Once on TGG a fellow Jets' fan pulled this too. :eek:

I'm with everyone else on this. WE are the Jets Nation!

To tell you the truth, I'm surprised there is no descending view on this.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3632026]Dirt, or Douche?[/QUOTE]

douche. it's gotta grat ring to it.

Dirtbag is so vile:P

All League
    I'm all for using "we" and "our" as if you're part of the team, but you better stay consistent when "you" suck or lose or play a sh!tty game.

Just once I would like to hear a fan say "I blow."

All League
    someone that has a problem with that is simply not a sports fan or a real fan of any team.

Like you said he couldnt name 10 players. Enough said

Jets Insider VIP
    Meh, I try to avoid things like "we won" or stuff like that, but when talking about the team in general, an 'us' or 'we' is more than acceptable in my book.

This is part of being a fan(atic). We're going to win the Super Bowl, etc.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Greaser;3631949]Is there anyone that considers this a pet peeve when a fan refers to a team as 'we'?[/QUOTE]

I do. :wavey:

While I think it's kinda cute & awfully sweet to hear fans so passionate about [B]their team[/B], I also think it's kind of weird to hear Jet fans say "[B]We[/B] are going all the way this year, mark my words!" "[B]Our[/B] defense is going to shut down the league all season long!" When people ask me if I am a Jet fan I say no, but I am an NFL enthusiast who enjoys the game of football & that I do follow the NY Jets comings & goings.

I also say that until the NY Jets win a Superbowl they are & always will be [B]The Fat Bridesmaids of the NFL[/B] to me. Get to the altar guys and get me the ring.

Make it happen. :yes:

Listen, if you are a season-ticket holder and especially a PSL owner now, you can say "we". The franchise is part yours (and so is the stadium if you paid a PSL). True story. After Parcells was named head coach of the Jets, I asked a former New York Giant what he thought about Parcells now coaching "my team" (I was sincerely curious how former Giants would accept this). This as*hole proceeded to berate me and tell me that it's not "my team". I explained that I was a season-ticket holder and that meant I help pay for the salaries of as*holes like him who don't deserve it. Of course, none of the other former Giants I spoke to had a problem with my use of "my team". Only this sh*thead.

i guess saying we or us is okay. i don't because there's absolutely no way that i could ever be a part of that team unless they needed a ball boy or someone to hold a clip board. but really, it doesn't bother me if others do it.

i think i do get a bit peeved if people where jerseys with players names. maybe not so much retire players but c'mon, would anyone wear a jersey that was worn by someone else? i mean it's a bit too personal for my tastes.

All League
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3632148]i guess saying we or us is okay. i don't because there's absolutely no way that i could ever be a part of that team unless they needed a ball boy or someone to hold a clip board. but really, it doesn't bother me if others do it.

i think i do get a bit peeved if people where jerseys with players names. maybe not so much retire players but c'mon, would anyone wear a jersey that was worn by someone else? i mean it's a bit too personal for my tastes.[/QUOTE]

my girlfriend used to wear my jersey in high school, does that bother you?