Thread: Washington Gizzards

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Washington Gizzards

Show yet again why they're one of the worst run teams in the league. They give the Bulls a gift and take scrub Kirk Hinrich and his sh*tty contract off their hands so they can sign both Lebron and Chris Bosh next month. The 17th pick will end up being a loser on their bench. I guess with three PGs all making big money the Wiz kids will go with Wall at the point, Arenas at shooting guard and Hinrich at Center. This is after they did the Cavs a favor last February by trading for Ilgauskas and then cutting him so he could go back to Cleveland. That's how you don't get better - completely overload at one position while making every other team in your conference better.

PG: Rose
    SG: Lebron
    SF: Deng
    PF: Bosh
    C: Noah

Get used to it because that's the Bulls starting lineup next season thanks to this bullsh*t trade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Show yet again why they're one of the worst run teams in the league. They give the Bulls a gift and take scrub Kirk Hinrich and his sh*tty contract off their hands so they can sign both Lebron and Chris Bosh next month. The 17th pick will end up being a loser on their bench. I guess with three PGs all making big money the Wiz kids will go with Wall at the point, Arenas at shooting guard and Hinrich at Center. This is after they did the Cavs a favor last February by trading for Ilgauskas and then cutting him so he could go back to Cleveland. That's how you don't get better - completely overload at one position while making every other team in your conference better.

Get used to it because that's the Bulls starting lineup next season thanks to this bullsh*t trade.
    Ok no one in that lineup can shoot. Bosh can knock down the 15 footer but other than him, its pretty bad.

Also, Rose and Lebron would not mesh well. Lebron just stands around in half court sets when he doesnt have the ball. Lebron needs to play with a top jump shooter. He would actually pair well with Joe Johnson.

I dont buy into Lebron needing a great point. I think he needs another wing player or a big man. I remember the Olympics when his best report seemed to be with Wade and Howard. He would run the point when Paul/Williams was in the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post

I would take Hinrich over Duhon, you?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't be surprised if they trade Deng too..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone besides fair-weather Bulls fans and casual non-basketball fans think the Wizards are actually making a good trade here take a look at this article written by Mike Prada, the founder of bulletsforever.com, the Washington Wizards version of JI:

The Kirk Hinrich trade was really bad, and for that, I blame EG, not Ted. Why? Because in theory, the Kirk Hinrich trade accomplishes the bare bones of Ted's philosophy. Ted's not afraid to take on salary in order to get more picks, and he probably told Ernie so. But at that point, it's on the general manager to fulfill the owner's philosophy in such a way to maintain proper cap flexibility and team building. The Kirk Hinrich trade does not accomplish that. Hinrich is okay, but he's also 29, and has not had a good season since 2007. He's slipping on defense, which was once his calling card. More importantly, he's owed $9 million next season and $8 million in 2011/12, one year after a new collective bargaining agreement is put in place.

It's the price that's the real issue here. Hinrich isn't bad, but at best, he's worth half his contract for half as many years. If Hinrich had one year and, say, $5 million left on his contract, I would be ecstatic. But he doesn't. For a team that just blew up an overpaid, capped-out roster, I find it absolutely shocking that we would then take on this kind of commitment for a third guard and a "mentor" for John Wall. (Speaking of: isn't it Sam Cassell's job to mentor Wall?). Did Ernie not learn at all from his mistakes with the Big 3 teams?

Think of it this way: Oklahoma City (I know, we bring them up a lot, but Ted talks about how great they are, so it's a fair comparison) acquired the 18th pick for one year and $2.1 million of Daequan Cook and the 32nd pick. For the pick just one pick higher than that, the Wizards took on two years and $17 million, plus $3 million cash (UPDATE: my bad, we got $3 million in cash from the Bulls) and a future second-rounder.
    One organization is doing it right, and the other is doing it wrong.

Finally, the scariest part about this is that we could have given the Bulls the chance to get LeBron James and another max free agent. Normally, I don't really care about the kind of chances we give the other team with a trade, because we should only worry about us getting better. But in this case, it demonstrates yet again how management just fails at playing chicken. The Bulls should have to be the ones paying a premium to dump Hinrich and get this chance at two max free agents, plus Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah. That's potentially much more valuable to them than the 17th pick is to us. And yet, we're the ones paying a premium for a pick that wasn't worth it. If Houston can get a ton of high lottery picks for letting the Knicks have the chance at two max free agents, why can't we?

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2010/6...t-wizards-snap

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wizards are making a bad move here. They should back out of this trade. Before this trade they are about $20 mil under the cap and sign one max free agent. If they go through with this deal they'll be just $10 mil under the cap and still need to sign Wall and the 17th pick the scrub Seraphin.

The Wizards are way better off signing a big man scorer/rebounder like Amare or Boozer to pair up with Wall and Arenas in the backcourt.

Wizards have a history of screwing themselves in trades. Trade Young Chris Webber for over-the-hill Mitch Richmond, trade young Rasheed Wallace for zippo, trade Rip Hamilton for has-been Jerry Stackhouse. Now they are sacrificing their cap space for summer 2010 and summer 2011 just to help the Bulls become the best team in the National Boring Association.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Ok no one in that lineup can shoot. Bosh can knock down the 15 footer but other than him, its pretty bad.

Also, Rose and Lebron would not mesh well. Lebron just stands around in half court sets when he doesnt have the ball. Lebron needs to play with a top jump shooter. He would actually pair well with Joe Johnson.

I dont buy into Lebron needing a great point. I think he needs another wing player or a big man. I remember the Olympics when his best report seemed to be with Wade and Howard. He would run the point when Paul/Williams was in the game.
    Bulls are the best team in the National Boring Association with that lineup. Offensively and defensively. David Stern loves dynasties and he's been wanting this sh*t all along in Chicago.