Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs. Dodgers @ Dodger Stadium

Yankees vs. Dodgers @ Dodger Stadium

NEW YORK YANKEES VS. LOS ANGELES DODGERS

CC Sabathia, LHP (8-3, 3.68) vs. Vicente Padilla, RHP (1-1, 6.67) @ 10:10 PM

A.J. Burnett, RHP (6-6, 4.83) vs. Hiroki Kuroda, RHP (6-5, 3.06) @ 7:10 PM

Andy Pettitte, LHP (9-2, 2.48) vs. Clayton Kershaw, LHP (7-4, 3.24) @ 8:00 PM
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-25-2010 at 12:02 AM.

It's going to be an interesting series. Some real baseball unlike the D'backs series

I hate playing on the West Coast. 10:10 gametimes are awful

All Pro
    The series hasn't even started yet and I am already sick and tired of all the hype of Joe Torre managing against the Yankees. Give it a rest already!!!!!

I'm so glad the Yankees won last year. That proved to Torre and all of his apologist that he not the only person who can manage the Yankees to a Championship. Torre is a nice guy, and great with the players but really over rated as a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    The series hasn't even started yet and I am already sick and tired of all the hype of Joe Torre managing against the Yankees. Give it a rest already!!!!!

I'm so glad the Yankees won last year. That proved to Torre and all of his apologist that he not the only person who can manage the Yankees to a Championship. Torre is a nice guy, and great with the players but really over rated as a manager.
    ALL managers are over rated. Baseball is not sport where the manager does a whole lot. There biggest job is managing a bullpen.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    ALL managers are over rated. Baseball is not sport where the manager does a whole lot. There biggest job is managing a bullpen.
    I don't think all managers are over rated. Mike Scioscia definitely isn't over rated. Billy Martin (when he wasn't such a psycho) wasn't overrated either. I agree that managing your pitching staff is the toughest challenge for a manager. Platooning players and setting up the right match ups for your team is a close 2nd.

gonna be at the stadium for the Sunday night game...so psyched.

All Pro
    If the Yankees go 6-3 in the next 9 games against the Dodgers, Mariners and Blue Jays they will have a records of 51-30 at exactly the half way point of the season. Not bad for team with injuries and some struggling key players.

Yeah whats crazy about this years team is that they haven't been on a tear or really lighting it up, they have been playing bad baseball and still have the best record in baseball. What happens if their stars do heat up and hit like they are suppose to?

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Yeah whats crazy about this years team is that they haven't been on a tear or really lighting it up, they have been playing bad baseball and still have the best record in baseball. What happens if their stars do heat up and hit like they are suppose to?
    Really is interesting about this team this year. It's like they have gotten off to their annual slow start, except their record doesn't reflect it at all.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Thank god CC nailed that fecker, Padilla. And stared him down.

Proud of my pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Thank god CC nailed that fecker, Padilla. And stared him down.

Proud of my pitcher.

+ a Billion. Just looking at his face pisses me off lol.

I was begging for CC to hit him, and for someone to hit his 50 mph curveball over the fence.

Jets Insider VIP
    CC dealing!!!

All Pro
    CC IS THE MAN!!!! A true ace.Up until th 7th inning he was getting the Dodgers out with only 2 pitches (fastball and slider). Didn't start throwing the change up until the 7th & 8th. Didn't throw 1 curveball all night. That last pitch(slider) to Ethier in the 8th was perfectly spotted.

Notice how in the first 3 inning CC struggled with locating his fastball. He battle, fought and hung in there.....TAKE NOTES AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Cool Papa B.; 06-26-2010 at 02:09 AM.

All Pro
    LOL!! Padilla got a taste of his own medicine tonight! And then he got a stare down by CC.....Awesome!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Really is interesting about this team this year. It's like they have gotten off to their annual slow start, except their record doesn't reflect it at all.
    quietly, the yankees are suddenly 3 games up in the division

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    BTW, I Just watched the final AB (Loney) again and for the life of me I can't figure out what all the fuss was about

The last strike was right down the middle and the frist two were both borderline

There was not one blatantly bad call in that AB

I think Torre was just being a sore loser
    Agreed. Perhaps anwering questions about his Yankee tenure for two hours before the game and then seeing his pitcher pwned by CC, in a way that Torre would not allowed when he was here, tweaked his reknowned composure.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Agreed. Perhaps anwering questions about his Yankee tenure for two hours before the game and then seeing his pitcher pwned by CC, in a way that Torre would not allowed when he was here, tweaked his reknowned composure.
    And don't forget having to watch ARod jog around the bases after that looong HR!.....Still can't believe he battedhim 8th in the 2006 ALDS. Do you think ARod enjoyed that HR!!!

Sabathia went from doing really bad to now posting nice numbers...

3.48 ERA 1.15 WHIP .228 BAA 9-3 record

5-0 2.19 ERA for the month of June.

Sabathia has more wins than last year at this point, he could be on his way to his first 20 win season if he has a big 2nd half like he does every year.

He was 7-4 last year at this point with a 3.55 ERA

That was the thing with him, his stuff was still great, it was about him getting into a groove and commanding his pitches better. He hasn't declined at all when it comes to stuff so far.

Dustin Pedroia has been placed on the DL with a broken ankle or foot.