Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Bad News for the Giants

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like

More Bad News for the Giants

[B][U][SIZE=5]Chad Jones hurt in N.O. car crash[/SIZE][/U][/B]
    [B][U][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/U][/B]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]NEW ORLEANS, LA (WAFB) - University officials have confirmed former LSU football and baseball player, Chad Jones, was injured in a car crash Thursday night in New Orleans.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Coach Les Miles issued a Twitter post related to Jones Friday morning.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"Just got news about Chad Jones' car accident," it stated. "We are praying for Chad and his family. Keep him in your prayers."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]A New Orleans radio station reported the crash happened near Carrollton Avenue, but was not sure what the cross street was.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]According to the station, his father said he was in serious condition.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Jones was drafted by the New York Giants in this year's NFL Draft.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]He reportedly just signed a contract with the team last week[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][B][/B]
    [URL]http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12709476[/URL]
    [B][U][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/U][/B]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awful crash picture. Hope he's ok.

[IMG]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/chadjonescar.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has a broken leg.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    chad jones was a borderline 1st rounder every early in the process but never even got close to that... because of not being in shape and some questions about his commitment to the sport. Great athlete who interviewed poorly.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it was kinda a dumb pick before this accident. hopefully he's ok.
    Last edited by bitonti; 06-25-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3633693]He has a broken leg.[/QUOTE]

Severed arteries and exposed nerves as well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3633701]Severed arteries and exposed nerves as well.[/QUOTE]

That's just horrible news. Wasn't he one of the better safety prospects in the draft?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AceBoy;3633719]That's just horrible news. Wasn't he one of the better safety prospects in the draft?[/QUOTE]

He was, despite what Bit will tell you lol.

With Hixon and Jones out, whose returning punts for the Gints. Manningham :i_dont_kn

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully the crash looks worse than his injuries, because that crash looks terrible.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN just reported he is in critical condition and was in surgery as of 10:45AM...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3633700]chad jones was a borderline 1st rounder every early in the process but never even got close to that... because of not being in shape and some questions about his commitment to the sport. Great athlete who interviewed poorly.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it was kinda a dumb pick before this accident. hopefully he's ok.[/QUOTE]

how is it a dumb pick when you even admit his play on the field was first round worthy.....they got him in the 3rd

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 25, 2010 12:36 PM ET

The news regarding Giants safety Chad Jones following his [URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/25/giants-rookie-injured-in-car-crash/"]scary car accident on Friday[/URL] continues to get more sobering.

Per a league source, PFT has learned that doctors are currently working to save Jones' leg. It was previously reported that Jones fractured his left leg, with [URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/25/chad-jones-in-critical-condition-after-car-accident/"]arteries and nerves exposed[/URL].

Jones remains in critical condition. We're sure you will all join us in continuing to wish the best for him and his family.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/25/source-doctors-trying-to-save-chad-jones-leg/[/URL]
    [IMG]http://pixel.quantserve.com/pixel/p-e4m3Yko6bFYVc.gif?labels=Television,Sports[/IMG]
    Last edited by C Mart; 06-25-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You didn't hear, the Giants are one of the dumbest teams in the league the have 3 Lombardi's, and they think they can get a fourth.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like some [B]serious [/B]speed involved. Hope the young guy is ok

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think you could be correct. that picture of the car looks really awful.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    according to profootballtalk, his injuries are career threatening. just like that his football career (and baseball one) could be over. he should hope he doesn't lose his foot or leg. and for the giants, all that draft work/research/analysis, only to lose their 3rd round pick. life is fragile.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;3633869]according to profootballtalk, his injuries are career threatening. just like that his football career (and baseball one) could be over. he should hope he doesn't lose his foot or leg. and for the giants, all that draft work/research/analysis, only to lose their 3rd round pick. life is fragile.[/QUOTE]

depending on where the nerves are exposed, he'll never be the same on the football field....i would speculate if the are nerves and ateries exposed there's some serious muscle damage to the legs(s)...

anyone remember the story of former Eagles 4th round pick J.R. Reed, who also played w/the Jets??? tried to hurdle a fence, got his knee caught on it, suffered nerve damage, never the same...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    New York Giants rookie Chad Jones remains in surgery in New Orleans where doctors are trying to [URL="http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Former-LSU-standout-Chad-Jones-in-guarded-condition-after-car-wreck-97156264.html"]save his left foot[/URL], according to a report by WWL-TV.

Jones was involved in a grisly crash early this morning and suffered career-threatening injuries to his left leg and foot. The injuries are not believed to be life threatening, but the two-sport star may never play football or baseball again.

Jones reportedly suffered multiple fractures to his left leg, breaking both the tibia and fibula, and had arteries and nerves exposed. The wreck occurred at 6:30 a.m. when he hit a streetcar pole in what is believed to be a one-car accident.

He has been listed in critical condition. At this point, itís probably fair to assume Jones will not play for the Giants this season. Doctors are reportedly trying to get blood flowing again in his left foot. If that effort fails, he could face amputation.

[URL]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Chad-Jones-remains-in-surgery-injuries-career-threatening.html[/URL]

just terrible..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    there has to be more to the story than just a 'plain' one car accident.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad situation all-around. I think he just signed his contract this week. If things go south for him, I hope the Giants at least give him some of that money. :(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horrible story. Get well soon Chad Jones