Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins' Marshall: Revis isn't best cornerback in NFL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Dolphins' Marshall: Revis isn't best cornerback in NFL

I was surprised to not see this already posted. Marshall seems to be running his mouth already.

[QUOTE]The outspoken Dolphins receiver was asked who is the best cornerback in football and Marshall went with a former teammate, Broncos CB Champ Bailey.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/backpage/dolphins_marshall_revis_not_best_iRDwsv6sW1jVMo2gVHOkqM[/url]

I can't wait until we see the Dolphins in the regular season!!!:steamin:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's tryin to Incite. Make the games all the better, when he gets shut down.
    He'll make excuses. Remember Ocho Cinco was going to change his name?
    Shut Down by Revis x2 and didn't stand by his word. But hell he gets a pass, not in my book he's a paper tiger IMO. Lets see what happens.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess Cimini lives through Terranova. Misleading title.

He simply said that he felt Bailey was the best CB in the league.

That's fine. He'll change his tune after facing Revis 2X this season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree,

at 1 point, Champ Bailey [B][U]was [/U][/B]the best cornerback in the league.

But that was many years ago.:D

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bailey's still a top 5 CB. But yeah, Revis is better at this point. I don't blame Marshall for sucking up to his old teammate though. Probably learned a lot from one of the best CBs ever.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3634200]I guess Cimini lives through Terranova. [B]Misleading title.[/B]

He simply said that he felt Bailey was the best CB in the league.

That's fine. He'll change his tune after facing Revis 2X this season.[/QUOTE]
    cimini's got the shock jock beat writer thing down pat..

& yes, i can't wait to watch marshall visit the island..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    This isn't a dig at Revis. He didn't say anything about Revis. He's sticking up for his old teamate

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw an interview with him.He actually had very high praise for Revis he said that he will be the best cb in the league.He was sticking up for his old teamate in Bailey

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isnt charles woodson the reigning defensive mvp of the league? Wouldnt that make him the best corner in the league?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has Revis ever faced Brandon Marshall? I want to say no. I can't remember them ever facing off. It's common knowledge that Brandon Marshall is one the best WR's in the league. It's also common knowledge that Darelle Revis is the BEST CB in the league today. No one else even compares. Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, etc., they're all very good CB's, but they are also NOT elite CB's. Darelle Revis is an ELITE CB. Guys like Revis only come along once every 10 or 15 years. To use Ham's description, Revis is a GENERATIONAL PLAYER. The only guy I would put even close is Nmamdi Osamugha (sp?) and that might be a stretch.

So IMO, it should be very interesting to see Revis and Marshall face off. I could easily see Revis slipping and allowing Marshall to have a big game. Even Deion Sanders slipped once in a while. However, over the long term, Revis should own Marshall just like he does every other receiver in the NFL.
    Last edited by Mainejet; 06-27-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hurry up and set up that Marshall - Rex Ryan conference call to Revis' agent!

Do it now!

"Yo...you ova-estimating, man..." :gossip:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3634304]Has Revis ever faced Brandon Marshall?[/QUOTE]

We played the Broncos in 2008. We lost.

5 catches, 55 yards.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm outraged.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He plays for the Dolphins, he's a former Bronco and Bailey is one of his closest friends. When was the last time we received from props from the Dolphins

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3634304][B]Has Revis ever faced Brandon Marshall? i want to say no. I can't them ever facing off.[/B] It's common knowledge that Brandon Marshall is one the best WR's in the league. It's also common knowledge that Darelle Revis is the BEST CB in the league today. No one else even compares. Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, etc., they're all very good CB's, but they are also NOT elite CB's. Darelle Revis is an ELITE CB. Guys like Revis only come along once every 10 or 15 years. To use Ham's description, Revis is a GENERATIONAL PLAYER. The only guy I would put even close is Nmamdi Osamugha (sp?) and that might be a stretch.

So IMO, it should be very interesting to see Revis and Marshall face off. I could easily see Revis slipping and allowing Marshall to have a big game. Even Deion Sanders slipped once in a while. However, over the long term, Revis should own Marshall just like he does every other receiver in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

He played in the Monday night rain game that started our skid in 2008. 5-55.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis would shut him down, no doubt in my mind :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    whatever. marshall had better be more concerned with how he's going to be doing considering his hip surgery and other problems. i can see it now. when revis shuts him out he'll be saying "well what do you expect, i'm injured".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i belive his best:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3634155]I was surprised to not see this already posted. Marshall seems to be running his mouth already.

[url]http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/backpage/dolphins_marshall_revis_not_best_iRDwsv6sW1jVMo2gVHOkqM[/url]

I can't wait until we see the Dolphins in the regular season!!!:steamin:[/QUOTE]

Talk about sensationalizing.... Marshall said he's good, and probably will be the best, but still believes in Champ Bailey..

totally loaded with drama :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The title is misleading. Marshall stated Bailey is the best, and doesn't utter Revis' name anywhere according to the article.

Author of the article does a poor job of turning into a Revis/Jets related matter.