Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When Revis had an interception, did we ever lose?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

When Revis had an interception, did we ever lose?

I just got thinking about this recently. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we undefeated when Revis gets a pick?

Last season, he intercepted Tom Brady and made Randy Moss his *****in week 2, Jets win 17-9.

In week 12, Revis held Steve Smith to 1 reception for 5 yards and intercepted Jake Delhomme twice. He returned one to paydirt, Jets win 17-6.

In week 13, Revis intercepted one Ryan Fitzpatrick pass against the Bills. Held TO to 31 receiving yards and the Jets won 19-13.

In the first week of the playoffs, Revis locked up with Chad Ochocinco for the second time in consecutive weeks. Revis shut out Chad altogether the prior week. Revis had an interception and held Ochocinco to only 2 receptions for 28 yards, Jets win 24-14.

In the second week of the playoffs against the San Diego Chargers Revis was made to cover several different receivers due to the overall number and talent level of the Chargers receivers. Revis had one interception in acrobatic fashion, trapping the ball after it ricocheted off Vincent Jackson's shoe, Jets win 17-14.

I always knew that Revis was awesome. However, this just shows how much of a game changer Revis is.

This should be an automatic this season, if Revis picks off a pass, relax and just enjoy the game as you know the Jets are GUARANTEED of a victory.:yes:
    Last edited by Mainejet; 06-26-2010 at 11:14 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking about ALL TIME or just last season? I was in the Meadowlands when he had his first INT and they lost that game to Buffalo

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3634334]I just got thinking about this recently.

This should be an automatic this season, if Revis picks off a pass, relax and just enjoy the game as you know the Jets are GUARANTEED of a victory.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Not always true however anytime we scored more points then the other team we always won..:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last season, yes. In his rookie year he picked off Brady @ New England and we lost 20-10.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3634452]Not always true however anytime we scored more points then the other team we always won..:yes:[/QUOTE]

that's an amazing stat!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent, awesome observation MaineJet.

Looking at the stats:
    Last year the Jets were 7-0 when Revis had an int
    In 2008 the Jets were 4-0 when Revis had an int
    In 2007 the Jets were 1-2 when Revis had an int (one of those losses was to the Pats near the end of the season in which the Jets held the Pats to their lowest offensive output of the season)
    So all time the Jets are 12-2 when Revis has an int

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Led Halen;3634483]Excellent, awesome observation MaineJet.

Looking at the stats:
    In 2007 the Jets were 1-2 when Revis had an int (one of those losses was to the Pats near the end of the season in which the Jets held the Pats to their lowest offensive output of the season)
    So all time the Jets are 12-2 when Revis has an int[/QUOTE]

So can we also blame the losses on Revis when he didn't get a pick??:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3634484]So can we also blame the losses on Revis when he didn't get a pick??:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

that's not a $16 million/year player, if you ask me :nono:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3634485]that's not a $16 million/year player, if you ask me :nono:[/QUOTE]

Don't go hurting Bits feelings now DS..:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Led Halen;3634483]Excellent, awesome observation MaineJet.

Looking at the stats:
    So all time the Jets are 12-2 when Revis has an int[/QUOTE]

very interesting stat. thanks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3634484]So can we also blame the losses on Revis when he didn't get a pick??:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Revis is so overrated.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3634525]Revis is so overrated.[/QUOTE]

please stop trying to make a fauxjerk of yourself.

or at least wait until ONE of your "cornerbacks" is not of practice squad caliber

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm serious guys. Maybe you think this is one of those light threads, but it isn't for me. I think Revis is a game changer, our personal Lawrence Taylor. A guy who can singlehandedly change the game for us. Players like that DO exist but they only come along once every 30 or so years. When you look at it from that point of view, I think the Jets should pay Revis with no questions asked.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    and they certainly will when his contract has maybe like 2 years left or 1 year left to run, in 2011 (if there is even a season) or 2012. Meanwhile he'll just have to struggle along with the contract he signed and the 21 million dollars remaining on it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you win the turnover battle you usually win

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3634334]I just got thinking about this recently. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we undefeated when Revis gets a pick?

Last season, he intercepted Tom Brady and made Randy Moss his *****in week 2, Jets win 17-9.

In week 12, Revis held Steve Smith to 1 reception for 5 yards and intercepted Jake Delhomme twice. He returned one to paydirt, Jets win 17-6.

In week 13, Revis intercepted one Ryan Fitzpatrick pass against the Bills. Held TO to 31 receiving yards and the Jets won 19-13.

In the first week of the playoffs, Revis locked up with Chad Ochocinco for the second time in consecutive weeks. Revis shut out Chad altogether the prior week. Revis had an interception and held Ochocinco to only 2 receptions for 28 yards, Jets win 24-14.

In the second week of the playoffs against the San Diego Chargers Revis was made to cover several different receivers due to the overall number and talent level of the Chargers receivers. Revis had one interception in acrobatic fashion, trapping the ball after it ricocheted off Vincent Jackson's shoe, Jets win 17-14.

I always knew that Revis was awesome. However, this just shows how much of a game changer Revis is.

This should be an automatic this season, if Revis picks off a pass, relax and just enjoy the game as you know the Jets are GUARANTEED of a victory.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Yes, but did you enter the Maine moose permit lottery and did you win...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the JETS ever won a game when T. Jones wrists and ankles swelled up every 30 days. Glad they didn't pay him what he wanted. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3634606]I'm serious guys. Maybe you think this is one of those light threads, but it isn't for me. I think Revis is a game changer, our personal Lawrence Taylor. A guy who can single handedly change the game for us. Players like that DO exist but they only come along once every 30 or so years. When you look at it from that point of view, I think the Jets should pay Revised with no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

Did you know we never won a game when TJ had over 200 yds rushing?? Revis is such a game changer that the D was never higher then 18th till Rex became HC.. Revis is a excellent player but I just hope the Revis idol worshippers maintain some semblance of sanity and don't go the way the Martinette's did.. The difference there is Revis is a great player but he's just 1 player and he doesn't walk on water.. And pay Revis like Bit wants 16 million plus 50 million Guaranteed?? I guess for the Revis Rastafarians insanity is already there.. :roll eyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Jets have also never lost a game coached by Rex Ryan in which Kellen Clemens was the starting quarterback

Clemens needs to be given a big bucks renegotiated contract NOW

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously I wonder if his agent showed the Tannenbaum this stat...