Thread: Anybody hear about this new Jets T.V. Show - The Jets Huddle?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Anybody hear about this new Jets T.V. Show - The Jets Huddle?

Jets Huddle Debuts on Verizon
    Published: Fri, June 25, 2010 - 10:56pm ET
    By Eric Allen

Allen is the senior managing editor of newyorkjets.com. He is in his ninth season with the Jets.

File Under: Schottenheimer, Lynch, Revis, Verizon

06/25 — This weekend marks the debut of Jets Huddle, a brand new television program which will be broadcast on Verizon FiOS Channel 1 in both Long Island and New Jersey on Saturday and Sunday.

The new show, which will be broadcast weekly throughout the season on FiOs 1, will premier with a mic’d up feature on Jets’ offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. A roundtable discussion, which will be a Huddle staple throughout the year, had a panel consisting of host Steve Overmyer, NFL Network’s Brian Baldinger, Newsday’s Bob Glauber and myself as we discussed some hot button offseason Jets’ topics.

“We are excited to launch Jets Huddle on Verizon FiOS 1. This show is another example of our commitment to providing unique and compelling content to Jets fans,” said Rich Gentile, the club's senior director of multimedia and broadcasting. “Host Steve Overmyer brings energy to our panel discussions, and it’s no secret that our club is as fun to follow as any in sports.”

While the Green & White are trying to take it to another level in 2010, the Huddle also goes inside strength coach Sal Alosi’s offseason program with some exclusive behind the scenes footage. Jets Huddle will be directed by Gentile and everything will hail under longtime executive producer Bob Parente.

You can go to the Jets’ Facebook page next week for exclusive behind the scenes footage.

The show times for this weekend's special are as follows:

FiOS1 Long Island

SAT June 26
    10:30 AM, 1:30 PM and 7:30 PM

SUN June 27
    10:30 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM

FiOS1 New Jersey

SAT June 26
    10 AM, 2:30 PM, 4:30 PM, 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM

SUN June 27
    4:30 PM, 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM

Jets Insider VIP
    It's not listed on the FiOS channel guide, but I'll DVR anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

All League
    Are there any options to watch online if you're out of the broadcasting area?

Good show, I saw it this morning. I didn't know it was on, I was just flipping around and caught most of it. It wasn't on the Verizon electroinic guide so, at the time, I didn't know the details of what I was watching.

Glad to now it's going to be a weekly show.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3634412]
    The new show, which will be broadcast weekly throughout the season on FiOs 1, will premier with a mic’d up feature on Jets’ offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. [/QUOTE]

Mic'd up?

Egadz......

[IMG]http://ic2.pbase.com/t6/29/720229/4/83547006.FtmN1X91.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;3634571]Mic'd up?

Egadz......

[IMG]http://ic2.pbase.com/t6/29/720229/4/83547006.FtmN1X91.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm not in love with that idea either.

I was not a big fan of Mangini's clandestine ways but I feel like the Jets are becoming a little too accessible.

Jets Insider VIP
    thankfully, I don't have the crappy FIOS with their multiple year contracts, gigantic termination fees and hidden fee laden monthly bills

[QUOTE=sg3;3634604]thankfully, I don't have the crappy FIOS with their multiple year contracts, gigantic termination fees and hidden fee laden monthly bills[/QUOTE]

What do you have?

Jets Insider VIP
    crappy cable, with no NFL network but no contracts or term fees

works OK too

[QUOTE=sg3;3634625]crappy cable, with no NFL network but no contracts or term fees

works OK too[/QUOTE]

I've had Fios for 2 years, & for my interests it's a better product then Cablevision.

I love the NFL Network, the Red Zone channel and now Jets Huddle on Channel 1.

Besides I hate Jim Dolan.;)

Jets Insider VIP
    don't have cablevision

if I had to pay money to those dolan douches, I'd have FIOS

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;3634604]thankfully, I don't have the crappy FIOS with their multiple year contracts, gigantic termination fees and hidden fee laden monthly bills[/QUOTE]

Neither do I, I have DirecTV.

I don't even think they offer FIOS in Florida but I have seen it advertised on SNY.

I was just curious if anybody up north had heard about the show or seen it because I have never heard about The Jets huddle before I stumbled across this article yesterday.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-27-2010 at 10:52 AM.

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3634652]Neither do I, I have DirecTV.

I was just curious if anybody up north had heard about the show or seen it because I have never heard about The Jets huddle before I stumbled across this article yesterday.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/1666-jets-huddle-debuts-on-verizon[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3634706][url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/1666-jets-huddle-debuts-on-verizon[/url][/QUOTE]

O.K. You posted the link for the article I used to start this thread.

And the point of that was???? :dunno: