Thread: Monday at Florham Park--Have to Love It!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Monday at Florham Park--Have to Love It!

EA: Rookies are still here in Florham Park working out. Here's a site you got to love though - [B]B. Scott running sprints by himself.[/B]

[url]http://twitter.com/nyjets[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3635291]EA: Rookies are still here in Florham Park working out. Here's a site you got to love though - [B]B. Scott running sprints by himself.[/B]

[url]http://twitter.com/nyjets[/url][/QUOTE]

its callled being a professional

give me $8 mill a year... ill do a sprints twice a day

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3635325]its callled being a professional

give me $8 mill a year... ill do a sprints twice a day[/QUOTE]

More than that. For that kind of money, I'll run sprints until my legs fall off or someone makes me stop.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3635325]its callled being a professional

give me $8 mill a year... ill do a sprints twice a day[/QUOTE]

Easier said than done. Bart gets his $8mil regardless of the extra work. The fact that he is at the facility doing extra work on his own, is a great thing. Scott is a true leader who doesn't get credit for the job he does on the field. The strongside ILB in a 3-4 does a lot of the dirty work while the weakside ILB (Harris) gets to run around and make more plays. He's a warrior.
    :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Colemonster;3635339]More than that. For that kind of money, I'll run sprints until my legs fall off or someone makes me stop.[/QUOTE]

Scott got that contract by working his a$$ off and playing like an animal (and taking advantage of his natural talents).

If someone gave you $8mil you'd probably sit on your couch and eat cheetos! lol

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3635340]Easier said than done. Bart gets his $8mil regardless of the extra work. The fact that he is at the facility doing extra work on his own, is a great thing. [B]Scott is a true leader who doesn't get credit for the job he does on the field. The strongside ILB in a 3-4 does a lot of the dirty work while the weakside ILB (Harris) gets to run around and make more plays. He's a warrior.[/B]
    :yes:[/QUOTE]

Which is what leads clueless football nitwits to put up all those "Bart is a disappointment" posts we saw last year and will see again this year.

Nitwits that can't comprehend anything deeper than a stat. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I just read that the rookies are in Carlsbad CA at the rookie symposium :confused:

Edit:

Goodell addresses NFL rookies symposium
    Talked about the possibly lockout in 2011

Updated: Monday, 28 Jun 2010, 12:11 PM CDT
    Published : Monday, 28 Jun 2010, 12:10 PM CDT

CARLSBAD, Calif. (AP) - NFL commissioner Roger Goodell kicked off the annual rookie symposium Sunday evening by talking to the league's newest players about a range of topics, including taking responsibility and honoring the game.

Goodell spent about an hour Sunday evening talking to 252 draft picks, who are at the La Costa resort for the four-day symposium.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3635377]I just read that the rookies are in Carlsbad CA at the rookie symposium :confused:

Edit:

Goodell addresses NFL rookies symposium
    Talked about the possibly lockout in 2011

Updated: Monday, 28 Jun 2010, 12:11 PM CDT
    Published : Monday, 28 Jun 2010, 12:10 PM CDT

CARLSBAD, Calif. (AP) - NFL commissioner Roger Goodell kicked off the annual rookie symposium Sunday evening by talking to the league's newest players about a range of topics, including taking responsibility and honoring the game.

Goodell spent about an hour Sunday evening talking to 252 draft picks, who are at the La Costa resort for the four-day symposium.[/QUOTE]

Buzzy the NFL teams only spend "team money" to send the DRAFT picks to the rookie symposium. The NY Jets tweet said "rookies" aka "training camp scrubs" are still working out at the facility. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3635390]Buzzy the NFL teams only spend "team money" to send the DRAFT picks to the rookie symposium. The NY Jets tweet said "rookies" aka "training camp scrubs" are still working out at the facility. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha, thanks. I guess the undrafted guys don't have enough money to get themselves in trouble, so no reason to attend :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3635418]Ah, gotcha, thanks. I guess the undrafted guys don't have enough money to get themselves in trouble, so no reason to attend :D[/QUOTE]

Exactly Buzz & the odds of TC scrubs making the roster is slim to none so why would any of the 32 NFL teams send those guys on a four day, all expense paid work vacation?

The Rookie Symposium is four days of lectures, speakers & information. They also go over league employment policies & procedures. In other words the NFL is covering their asses.

They have alumni NFL players speak about life after the NFL, investment & financial planners speak about players managing their money wisely, and (sadly) a girl that was sleeping with a former NFL player, contracted HIV/AIDS from him and speaks to the players about the importance of practicing safe sex.

Other than that it's pool parties, all you can eat buffet's and high five's all around for big money contracts without ever playing an NFL down yet. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3635355]Which is what leads clueless football nitwits to put up all those "Bart is a disappointment" posts we saw last year and will see again this year.

Nitwits that can't comprehend anything deeper than a stat. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Well said! Those "nitwits" you describe have no ability to bring anything to the table except things anyone can find on ESPN. :clapper: