Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Half way mark Awards

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Half way mark Awards

We're coupe more games away from the half way park of the season.

Who are your mid way award winners?

AL MVP: Robinson Cano (If I wasn't a Yankee fan I would probably say Miguel Cabrera)

AL Cy Young: David Price (As much as it kills me to say it, he leads the league in wins and 2nd in ERA)

AL Rookie of the Year: Brennan Boesch (Austin Jackson was the pick after the first month, but he's taken a free fall since, only 1 HR)

NL MVP: Albert Pujols (you would think he was having a down year... well no one in the NL has a higher OPS)

NL Cy Young: Ubaldo Jimenez (Duh....)

NL Rookie of the Year: Jason Heyward (By the end of the season, it could very well be Strasburg, doesn't have the body work yet.....yet)
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-28-2010 at 04:24 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Hughes has been better than Price this year, Price had 2 more starts than Hughes and only 1 more win, lower ERA but I think hes been kind of lucky with his ERA, hes gotten away with men on a lot this year. Hughes has a higher SO rate, less walks, lower WHIP, lower BAA.

I think the 2 best lefties in the AL this year are Jon Lester and Cliff Lee, both of them have been great this year. Lester started off slow but hes been dominant since, hes 9-3 and on pace for over 200 SO low ERA and low WHIP and BAA.

Lee has been insane, hes only walked 4 batters this year! With 76 SO, hes really making me want the Yankees to sign him, I think hes a guy that ages well, I can see him being a really good starter for the next 4-5 years. Love for the Yankees to get him to a 4-5 year deal after this season. Hes only 6-3 though, not much run support on his team with a bad lineup.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

NL Rookie of the Year: Jason Heyward (By the end of the season, it could very well be Strasburg, doesn't have the body work yet.....yet)
    By the end of the season it could also be Ike Davis. He's played in less games and just may finish with better numbers.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    J Hamilton is giving Cano a good push. Some may make that argument and it is splitting hairs. he has been a monster

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dierking View Post
    J Hamilton is giving Cano a good push. Some may make that argument and it is splitting hairs. he has been a monster
    He's been a monster... he's making a push

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    By the end of the season it could also be Ike Davis. He's played in less games and just may finish with better numbers.
    Crazy but true.

Heyward started hot and got all the attention but Davis has been almost as good so far and now Heyward has been dinged up.

Will be interesting to see how these two play over the second half.

Unfortunately I think its Strasburgs race to lose.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gaby Sanchez also has a very good shot. In fact.... he might be the favorite

.302 BA, .374 OBP, 845 SLG

Highest average, OBP, and OPS for all rookies

Plus 8 HR, 34 RBI's

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Josh Johnson may make a run at the nl cy young award

His bullpen and the lack of hitting by the Marlins in his starts is keeping his win total down

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I think Hughes has been better than Price this year, Price had 2 more starts than Hughes and only 1 more win, lower ERA but I think hes been kind of lucky with his ERA, hes gotten away with men on a lot this year. Hughes has a higher SO rate, less walks, lower WHIP, lower BAA.

I think the 2 best lefties in the AL this year are Jon Lester and Cliff Lee, both of them have been great this year. Lester started off slow but hes been dominant since, hes 9-3 and on pace for over 200 SO low ERA and low WHIP and BAA.

Lee has been insane, hes only walked 4 batters this year! With 76 SO, hes really making me want the Yankees to sign him, I think hes a guy that ages well, I can see him being a really good starter for the next 4-5 years. Love for the Yankees to get him to a 4-5 year deal after this season. Hes only 6-3 though, not much run support on his team with a bad lineup.
    At the end of the day, the 2 most important stats for pitchers are wins and ERA. If you are top 2 in both, you deserve the CY Young.

however, for the end of the year, isn't he on an innings count? That could really derail him. Lee and Lester are the 2 I think that will win it (one of the 2)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Gaby Sanchez also has a very good shot. In fact.... he might be the favorite

.302 BA, .374 OBP, 845 SLG

Highest average, OBP, and OPS for all rookies

Plus 8 HR, 34 RBI's
    Good call. He's been very good. I agree with Tony Danza that it's Strasburgs race to lose.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    AL MVP - Josh Hamilton, Miguel Cabrera, Cano
    AL Cy Young - Price, Bucholz, Hughes
    AL Rookie - Boesch

NL MVP - Adrian Gonzalez, Wright,
    NL Cy Young - Jimenez, Johnson, Wainwright
    NL Rookie - Sanchez, Davis, Heward too early for Strasburg but he could definitely make a run at it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Crazy but true.

Heyward started hot and got all the attention but Davis has been almost as good so far and now Heyward has been dinged up.

Will be interesting to see how these two play over the second half.

Unfortunately I think its Strasburgs race to lose.
    Why is that unfortunate?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Why is that unfortunate?
    Unfortunate that in any other year Davis and Heyward would be real shots and the race would generate some attention.

Also, unfortunate for Mets fans.