Board Moderator

LT 'absolutely' will win title with Jets

[QUOTE]LT 'absolutely' will win title with Jets
    June, 28, 2010
    Jun 28
    2:22
    PM ET

By Tim Graham
    New York Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson sat down with ESPN reporter Sal Paolantonio to talk about changing uniforms for the first time after nine NFL seasons.

Since it has been the offseason for declaring championships, Tomlinson joined the mix.

Paolantonio asked if Tomlinson thought he would join Drew Brees and Rodney Harrison as players who left the San Diego Chargers and won a championship.

"I'll win a Super Bowl," Tomlinson replied.

With the Jets?

"Absolutely," Tomlinson added.

Tomlinson will stroll into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but he'll turn 31 years old Tuesday and will enter training camp second on the Jets' depth chart to sophomore Shonn Greene.

Tomlinson claimed he's willing to serve in whatever role the Jets like, but he still has an edge.

"I think I'm tired of being doubted by so many people about what I can't do," Tomlinson said. "For a guy like me, my entire career has been driven by that. So I'm very determined to be successful here."

The Jets already have made an indelible mark on Tomlinson. He had the logo tattooed on the back of his calf.

"I looked at all the guys that had come before me and had to make that switch," Tomlinson said, "and it started right in that locker room with guys I played with: Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, Drew Brees.

"I knew at some point that change would be coming, but I'm a guy that's able to get over it very quickly. I'm able to move on and focus on the next thing."
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14787/tomlinson-absolutely-will-win-title-with-jets[/url]

There's a video of the interview if you click on the link

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3635446][url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14787/tomlinson-absolutely-will-win-title-with-jets[/url]

There's a video of the interview if you click on the link[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks! I wanna see a shot of that Jets tattoo on his calf.

EDIT: The shots of the tats are in the video...and they look like a kid drew them left-handed with a crayon!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/buzzsaw51/lt.jpg[/IMG]

Alrighty then...

Jets Insider VIP
    thanks for the link

a HUGE upgrade at backup running back over TTY

Jets Insider VIP
    His tattoo will end with 2011. We spend too much time talking about this washed up part time player. LT will either be hurt or ineffective and not play much for us imo.

His is in the Sean Alexander/Edgerrin James end of career slide. and its ugly.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3635498]His tattoo will end with 2011. We spend too much time talking about this washed up part time player. LT will either be hurt or ineffective and not play much for us imo.

His is in the Sean Alexander/Edgerrin James end of career slide. and its ugly.[/QUOTE]

We get it, you don't like him and you [B]KNOW[/B] that he won't do good because you said so.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]you KNOW that he won't do good because you said so. [/QUOTE]

No, not because I said so, but because I have watched him play the last few years and have seen the decline right before my eyes.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3635519]No, not because I said so, but because I have watched him play the last few years and have seen the decline right before my eyes.[/QUOTE]

Funny because I seem to recall you singing a completely different tune with old Chaddycakes :rolleyes:

I guess players are only in decline when you say they are?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3635519]No, not because I said so, but because I have watched him play the last few years and have seen the decline right before my eyes.[/QUOTE]

You watched all his games over the last few years?
    I guess you missed the part when Norv used LT as an afterthought and more of a pass blocker for Rivers.
    Norv runs a passing system with giant receivers and a huge mongoloid of a QB. Sproles hasn't done sh*t here in SD either.
    SD stop running 3 years ago when LT got hurt, Rivers became the #1 and they stopped developing an OLine that supports the run.

I highly doubt that you've been exposed to the Chargers, LT and the local media here in SD more than me.
    I live in Charger country and your sounding like one of their uneducated fans the more you spew your venom about how LT is washed up. This coming from someone that professes his love for Chode?
    He's a Jet now. Did you forget that or are you just a SOJF?
    Comon'

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]Funny because I seem to recall you singing a completely different tune with old Chaddycakes[/QUOTE]

Yes I was. and I was proven right when he came in 2nd in MVP voting and had one of the best seasons of his career.

Listen I would love if LT plays well. but it is physically impossible to reverse father time. and most reports agreed with me when they said LT looked slow and had no burst in mini camp.

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3635530]You watched all his games over the last few years?
    I guess you missed the part when Norv used LT as an afterthought and more of a pass blocker for Rivers.
    Norv runs a passing system with giant receivers and a huge mongoloid of a QB. Sproles hasn't done sh*t here in SD either.
    SD stop running 3 years ago when LT got hurt, Rivers became the #1 and they stopped developing an OLine that supports the run.

I highly doubt that you've been exposed to the Chargers, LT and the local media here in SD more than me.
    I live in Charger country and your sounding like one of their uneducated fans the more you spew your venom about how LT is washed up. This coming from someone that professes his love for Chode?
    He's a Jet now. Did you forget that or are you just a SOJF?
    Comon'[/QUOTE]

Norv became HC in 07. LT had 315 carries that year and averaged 4.7YPC and also had 60 receptions. He got 292 carries in 08 and dropped to 3.8YPC.

The guy is in year 10 he's over 30 and he has taken a pounding. It's not a stretch to think the guy's skill set has dropped off and he is nothing more than an insurance policy backup, a good veteran presence and not a guy who is going to be a big time contributor.

The reality is if Greene goes down and the Jets have to depend on Tomlinson chances are our running game is not going to be great. It could be okay based on a very good OL but LT is not the all pro back he once was. That doesn't mean he can't contribute to a SB team but the idea that we got ourselves a big time running back is not the case. We got a smart vet who isn't going to lose games for us or carry us in a big spot.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3635531]Yes I was. and I was proven right when he came in 2nd in MVP voting and had one of the best seasons of his career.

Listen I would love if LT plays well. but it is physically impossible to reverse father time. and most reports agreed with me when they said LT looked slow and had no burst in mini camp.[/QUOTE]

Chad did for the Dolphins exactly what LT can do for the Jets. Not blow winnable games with dumb plays. Chad proved he could do that and he also proved in the playoffs that he was nothing more than a game manager who's days of being a play maker were done after his first shoulder surgery.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3635498]His tattoo will end with 2011. We spend too much time talking about this washed up part time player. LT will either be hurt or ineffective and not play much for us imo.

His is in the Sean Alexander/Edgerrin James end of career slide. and its ugly.[/QUOTE]

that could def happen but i thnk LT performs like Corey Dillon for the Pats during the end of their run. This LT washed-up talk? Throw it in the box with the 'revis is replaceable nonsense' so we can sort out who knows what about football.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3635531]Yes I was. and I was proven right when he came in 2nd in MVP voting and had one of the best seasons of his career.

Listen I would love if LT plays well. but [B]it is physically impossible to reverse father time[/B]. and most reports agreed with me when they said LT looked slow and had no burst in mini camp.[/QUOTE]

I've seen things..things you can't even see!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Darren Sproles averaged 3.7 YPC in the same situation as LT was last season. He must also be "in the Sean Alexander/Edgerrin James end of career slide" ;)

Banned
    [QUOTE=]Tomlinson claimed he's willing to serve in whatever role the Jets like, but he still has an edge.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to see L.T with a great attitude as our #2 back; Willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win.

[QUOTE=]"I think I'm tired of being doubted by so many people about what I can't do," Tomlinson said. "For a guy like me, my entire career has been driven by that. So I'm very determined to be successful here." [/QUOTE]

He seems hungry as hungry can be. Combine our O-Line, with L.T's field vision, and watch out; L.T could be on the verge of having a really strong season.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3635617]Darren Sproles averaged 3.7 YPC in the same situation as LT was last season. He must also be "in the Sean Alexander/Edgerrin James end of career slide" ;)[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly.

L.T hasn't been L.T over the past two seasons, and thats only because the Chargers run blocking O-Line has been not only bad, but it's also been beyond horrid.

Remember the type of horrid O-Line Thomas Jones had back in 2007? Thats the type of run blocking O-Line L.T has had.

Look at his numbers Thomas Jones put up in 2007. Our O-Line was horrid.

Once we added Faneca, Woody and Richardson: Look what happened. Thomas Jones exploded behind our O-Line.

I'll take L.T over TJ any day of the week and twice on Sundays. L.T vs Thomas Jones? Are you kidding me? I cant wait to see what L.T does behind this O-Line.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Do you see dead people too?

All League

Listen I would love if LT plays well. but it is physically impossible to reverse father time. [B]and most reports agreed with me when they said LT looked slow and had no burst in mini camp[/B].[/QUOTE]

Who were these reports from? The Dolphins? The Bills? The Pats? :confused:

At least two players from the Jets who practiced with LT, say that he still has plenty of gas in the tank and will surprise a lot of people. I guess that means nothing and we are better off believing what some hack writer says. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Listen I would love if LT plays well. but it is physically impossible to reverse father time. [B]and most reports agreed with me when they said LT looked slow and had no burst in mini camp[/B].[/QUOTE]

Link to this group that made up [B]most reports[/B]?

Because I would like to see where [B]any[/B] of the credible reporters, with [B]any[/B] of the many major outlets said that LT looked slow and had no burst.

This should be easy, you said it was most who were reporting that he was having issues. The articles should also rake the Jet staff and players over the coals given that all to a man from top to bottom have claimed the opposite about LT.

Because to be honest, otherwise you're just making this up as you go along. :yes:
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-28-2010 at 06:06 PM.