Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steeler Willie Colon has Achilles tear

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!

Steeler Willie Colon has Achilles tear

A trying offseason for the Steelers just got worse.

Starting right tackle Willie Colon left the Steelers' practice facility on crutches today with a foot injury. Colon hurt his right foot while working out at Steelers' headquarters. There were initial fears that Colon, who has started 54 consecutive games, tore his Achilles tendon.

If that is the case, Colon will need surgery and miss the upcoming season.

[URL]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_688009.html[/URL]

we will be without dufus for 4 games and now we just lost colon for the season.... :steamin:

All League
    Too bad he didn't hold out. He cost himself a ton of guaranteed money by signing that tender and playing injury roulette.

Hall Of Fame
    Until now, Steelers OT Willie Colon was best known for accompanying QB Ben Roethlisberger on the night of his Georgia trouble.

Wow.

Colon is by far Pittsburgh's best OLineman. Tough loss to overcome IF this happens to be a torn ACL. The right side of their OLine is now ****ing pitiful.

Jets Insider VIP
    losing your colon sounds very painful

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=124;3635541]Wow.

Colon is by far Pittsburgh's best OLineman. Tough loss to overcome IF this happens to be a torn ACL. The right side of their OLine is now ****ing pitiful.[/QUOTE]
    it was pitiful before, but now you are right its really ...... pitiful :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;3635551]losing your colon sounds very painful[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Their offense won't do crap now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh well.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Colemonster;3635570]Yeah. Their offense won't do crap now.[/QUOTE]
    i doubt it will do crap for the first 4 games anyway.....lol... thanks to that dufus qb we have...

All League
    [B]JETS[/B]insider.com

Hall Of Fame
    man that sucks..nothin worse than those big injuries

Banned
    Glad I'm not a Steelers fan as of right now...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3635504]A trying offseason for the Steelers just got worse.

Starting right tackle Willie Colon left the Steelers' practice facility on crutches today with a foot injury. Colon hurt his right foot while working out at Steelers' headquarters. There were initial fears that Colon, who has started 54 consecutive games, tore his Achilles tendon.

[URL]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_688009.html[/URL]

we will be without dufus for 4 games and now we just lost colon for the season.... :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Hmm, could this be a result of you talking sh*t about the Jets all last season (including against your hated rivals, the [B]DIVISION-WINNING[/B] Bengals) while at the same time posting on a Jets board??? :D

All Pro
    And the hits just keep on coming:

[I][B]Casey Hampton's home burglarized[/B]
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 28, 2010 5:40 PM ET

The ugly offseason for the Pittsburgh Steelers shows no signs of improving.

On the same day tackle Willie Colon was likely lost for the season, we learn that defensive tackle Casey Hampton's home was burglarized, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. His security system was dismantled by the intruder. (He clearly didn't have Broadview security.)

Police are looking for the person who stole three flat screen TVs and jewelry from Hampton's house, that was being watched by one of Mr. Hampton's assistants.

No word if Hampton's assistant will become Hampton's former assistant.[/I]

[QUOTE=Woody56;3635584][B]JETS[/B]insider.com[/QUOTE]

Colon was one of the last (the last?) great prospect to come out of Hofstra's football program, the story has local crossover. not to mention the Jets have to play them this year, week 15

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3635615]Hmm, could this be a result of you talking sh*t about the Jets all last season (including against your hated rivals, the [B]DIVISION-WINNING[/B] Bengals) while at the same time posting on a Jets board??? :D[/QUOTE]
    i highly doubt that rage. and you know you enjoyed me talking crap about your belove jets ...lol

[QUOTE=RageATL;3635663]And the hits just keep on coming:

[I][B]Casey Hampton's home burglarized[/B][/I]
    [I]Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 28, 2010 5:40 PM ET[/I]

[I]The ugly offseason for the Pittsburgh Steelers shows no signs of improving.[/I]

[I]On the same day tackle Willie Colon was likely lost for the season, we learn that defensive tackle Casey Hampton's home was burglarized, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. His security system was dismantled by the intruder. (He clearly didn't have Broadview security.)[/I]

[I]Police are looking for the person who stole three flat screen TVs and jewelry from Hampton's house, that was being watched by one of Mr. Hampton's assistants. [/I]

[I]No word if Hampton's assistant will become Hampton's former assistant.[/I][/QUOTE]
    yeah, i am sure with his money he could have a better security system... i bet his assistant probably had something to do with it...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3635768]i highly doubt that rage. and you know you enjoyed me talking crap about your belove jets ...lol

yeah, i am sure with his money he could have a better security system... i bet his assistant probably had something to do with it...[/QUOTE]

Karma's a b*tch. :P

[QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3635504]A trying offseason for the Steelers just got worse.

we will be without dufus for 4 games and now we just lost colon for the season.... :steamin:[/QUOTE]

dammit! That really sucks. Mendenhall was one of my 3 Keepers in one of my fantasy leagues. This will put a dent in his production. At least he's not injured yet. The impact on my fantasy teams is the sole concern I have about Steelers football. Otherwise, don't care at all.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3635787]Karma's a b*tch. :P[/QUOTE]
    no, i am the b*tch, get it right ...lol :D

THIS JUST IN:

Steeler Willie Achilles has colon tear.