Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets "very close" to deal with Ducasse

Jets Insider VIP

Jets "very close" to deal with Ducasse

[QUOTE]Jets very close to deal with 2nd rd pick Vlad Ducasse. Could be done by midweek. He'd be highest pick to sign thus far. 10 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Retweeted by 3 people [/QUOTE]

[url]http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/17275949543[/url]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3635529][URL]http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/17275949543[/URL][/QUOTE]

Hopefully Kyle Wilson and our core 4 to follow

Good.

Need Ducasse in camp on time to compete with Slauson for the LG spot.

Conner & McKnight are signed, now if Ducasse is close the only one left to worry about would be Wilson, alongside Revis, Mangold & Harris.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3635542]Hopefully Kyle Wilson and our core 4 to follow[/QUOTE]

Cimini wrote recently that once the Jets get their picks signed, they're expected to turn their attention to Revis and Mangold. There's almost 0 chance they re-sign all the core 4 this offseason.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=124;3635544]Good.

Need Ducasse in camp on time to compete with Slauson for the LG spot.

Conner & McKnight are signed, now if Ducasse is close the only one left to worry about would be Wilson, alongside Revis, Mangold & Harris.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Brick.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3635529][url]http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/17275949543[/url][/QUOTE]

Jason LaCanfora actually has new inside information for once?

Jets Insider VIP
    I hope Ducasse can win the battle with Slausen as he is much more athletic and has way more upside.

All Pro
    I hope it's for 5 yrs but most likely will be for 4. He's our starting RT in 2011, lock him up.

This is Woody's last year in NY.

[QUOTE=David Harris;3635755]I hope it's for 5 yrs but most likely will be for 4. He's our starting RT in 2011, lock him up.

This is Woody's last year in NY.[/QUOTE]

You can't sign 2nd round picks for more then 4 years.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3635557]Cimini wrote recently that once the Jets get their picks signed, they're expected to turn their attention to Revis and Mangold. There's almost 0 chance they re-sign all the core 4 this offseason.[/QUOTE]

This is the same Cimini who said the Jets would not sign any of the core 4, hey Rich what is it?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3635557]Cimini wrote recently that once the Jets get their picks signed, they're expected to turn their attention to Revis and Mangold. There's almost 0 chance they re-sign all the core 4 this offseason.[/QUOTE]

Why Mangold? It was my understanding the Jets would target Revis and Brick first.

I have to say that would be a bit surprising since usually the Jets let the market kind of set before doing most of their late round guys and I think Ducasse would be the first 2nd rounder to sign if this is true. Maybe because its so close to round 3 which has the high picks set was enough. The raises have been between 3.5 and 3.9%, so I guess if they up it a bit for a late 2nd rounder its easy enough to strike the deal. Id imagine hell get about a 985K bonus.

Hall Of Fame

there's 0% in any off-season..that's why they need to get one and preferrably two before the start of the 2010 season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3635542]Hopefully Kyle Wilson and our core 4 to follow[/QUOTE]

We won't be the first to pay to get VD...:P

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3635741]I hope Ducasse can win the battle with Slausen as he is much more athletic and has way more upside.[/QUOTE]

And you know this based on what?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3635765]You can't sign 2nd round picks for more then 4 years.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, well I guess that ends that.

Good news, I hope they get this done soon and start on the core four

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3635775]Why Mangold? It was my understanding the Jets would target Revis and Brick first.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I'm only copying what Cimini wrote. Though, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sign Brick before Mangold.

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/636/jets-deep-patrol-secondary-to-none[/url]

[QUOTE]ON THE NEGOTIATING FRONT

Barring something crazy, look for second-round LG Vladimir Ducasse to sign over the next week or so. Right now, the Jets have two draft picks under contract, with Ducasse and Wilson still unsigned. Ducasse (No. 61 overall) figures to land a four-year contract for about $3.4 million, including a signing bonus of about $1 million. Wilson (No. 29 overall) should be about $13.4 million on a five-year deal, including close to $7 million in guarantees.

[B]Once they hammer out those fairly routine deals, the Jets will be able to concentrate on more important matters, like Revis and C Nick Mangold and … you know the list.[/B] [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=David Harris;3635804]Interesting, well I guess that ends that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Picks #1-16 can be signed for up to 6 years.

Picks #17-32 can be signed for up to 5 years.

Anybody past the first round though is maxed out at 4 years on their rookie contracts.

It's all in the CBA.

[QUOTE=David Harris;3635755]. He's our starting RT in 2011, lock him up.

This is Woody's last year in NY.[/QUOTE]

ducasse has never worked on the right side... he's been a left tackle and a left guard in college

it's one thing to project a guy like Bryan Bulaga to right tackle, cause he's had 15 years of football coaching... I think ducasse is far too raw to move out to tackle... left tackle would be easier than right but either way he's probably toast. Vlad is a guard... and will remain a guard. JMO.