Thread: Verizon FIOS - 90 Day Free HBO -Hard Knocks

Verizon FIOS - 90 Day Free HBO -Hard Knocks

I usually do not answer the phone for sales calls but I did tonight. In case anyone is interested, I just received a call from Verizon FIOS and they are offering me HBO and Cinemax free for 90 days. I have to call to cancel which I will after the last Jets Hard Knocks:D You can probably get the same deal if you call 1-800-Verizon.

All Pro
    I'm planning on placing a call with DirecTV regarding the same thing in about another 1.5 months.

All League
    Are you a current Fios customer or were they trying to get you to sign up?

If you're a current customer, I'm calling tomorrow !!

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=JetBidi;3635896]Are you a current Fios customer or were they trying to get you to sign up?

If you're a current customer, I'm calling tomorrow !![/QUOTE]

Either way just call and say Cablevision is offering you free hbo to switch.

I just switched to Fios this weekend. They hooked it up.
    I got free hbo, cinemax & showtime for 2 years with the on demand.

[QUOTE=JetBidi;3635896]Are you a current Fios customer or were they trying to get you to sign up?

If you're a current customer, I'm calling tomorrow !![/QUOTE]

I have had FIOS for 2 or 3 years and they called me. I am not a big movie guy so I would never get HBO.

[QUOTE=Sexi Rexi;3635910]Either way just call and say Cablevision is offering you free hbo to switch.

I just switched to Fios this weekend. They hooked it up.
    [B]I got free hbo, cinemax & showtime for 2 years with the on demand.[/B][/QUOTE]

Just by switching?

Not exactly on topic, but I didn't feel like making a new thread. I've just started rewatching the old seasons of Hard Knocks on Hulu and at the end of the first episode of the series featuring the Ravens I saw Matt Cavanaugh. This made me wonder who else on our coaching staff has been through the Hard Knocks "experience" before. Rex Ryan, Matt Cavanaugh, and Mike Pettine were all on the Ravens coaching staff when they did Hard Knocks in 2001 (There's a chance Dennis Thurman was with the team as well, though he didn't have an official position until 2002). Anthony Lynn was the running backs coach for the Jaguars in 2004 when the NFL Network did the show themselves.

I would think that having 4 or 5 coaches that have been through the process before would ease the concerns of those who feel the team will be negatively affected by the show. Marvin Lewis had also been around the Hard Knocks cameras before, and his team didn't seem to suffer any ill effects last year.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JB1089;3635950]Not exactly on topic, but I didn't feel like making a new thread. I've just started rewatching the old seasons of Hard Knocks on Hulu and at the end of the first episode of the series featuring the Ravens I saw Matt Cavanaugh. This made me wonder who else on our coaching staff has been through the Hard Knocks "experience" before. Rex Ryan, Matt Cavanaugh, and Mike Pettine were all on the Ravens coaching staff when they did Hard Knocks in 2001 (There's a chance Dennis Thurman was with the team as well, though he didn't have an official position until 2002). Anthony Lynn was the running backs coach for the Jaguars in 2004 when the NFL Network did the show themselves.

I would think that having 4 or 5 coaches that have been through the process before would ease the concerns of those who feel the team will be negatively affected by the show. Marvin Lewis had also been around the Hard Knocks cameras before, and his team didn't seem to suffer any ill effects last year.[/QUOTE]

Tom Brady was on Hard Cocks and look how his career turned out.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3635922]Just by switching?[/QUOTE]

Yes. And when my brother in law called fios to say cablevision offered him a sweetheart deal, they gave him the same channels free for 6 months...and everytime he calls to cancel they extend for 1-3 months at a clip free.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks. I was already planning to do this.

I just called FIOS and I also got HBO and Cinemax free for 90 days. Just have to call and cancel after 3 months.

I have cable, do you think I can get a deal done with them for free HBO for when Hard Knocks is on?

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah, just tell them FIOS is offering it free and if they don't offer it to you, tell them you are thinking of switching.

All League
    [QUOTE=JB1089;3635950]Not exactly on topic, but I didn't feel like making a new thread. I've just started rewatching the old seasons of Hard Knocks on Hulu and at the end of the first episode of the series featuring the Ravens I saw Matt Cavanaugh. This made me wonder who else on our coaching staff has been through the Hard Knocks "experience" before. Rex Ryan, Matt Cavanaugh, and Mike Pettine were all on the Ravens coaching staff when they did Hard Knocks in 2001 (There's a chance Dennis Thurman was with the team as well, though he didn't have an official position until 2002). Anthony Lynn was the running backs coach for the Jaguars in 2004 when the NFL Network did the show themselves.

I would think that having 4 or 5 coaches that have been through the process before would ease the concerns of those who feel the team will be negatively affected by the show. Marvin Lewis had also been around the Hard Knocks cameras before, and his team didn't seem to suffer any ill effects last year.[/QUOTE]

I had not watched them, but doing a Hard Knocks search in the FIOS menu, I found that the NFL Network on demand has all the previous Hard Knocks, if anyone is interested in watching them...

All League
    For anyone with DIRECTV, just call them up and say "Cancel Service" and you'll be transferred to the retentions department... Complain about anything, and you'll get free stuff/credits. Complain about new customers having free HD for life, and you'll likely be set up with $10 off your bill for the next 2 years, although some reports say they have only gotten 1 year... Call complaining about Verizon FIOS offering free HBO for 90 days if you switch, and they'll probably offer you at least 3 months of HBO. DTV will do so much to keep customers, even though you don't even have to be serious...

All League
    I emailed them and they did it... Thanks for sharing Glenn3158. :D