Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ETA on "I Hate Schotty" threads?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

ETA on "I Hate Schotty" threads?

Seems like its been waaaaaaay to long.

What gives, has Brian won your hearts over now?

Is it only a regular season eff you Schotty thing?

:huh::confused::huh:

No.. Schott haters are a stubborn lot. They'll be back in full force. Although I sympathize with them from time to time because there are those moments when Schott gets too cute and outsmarts himself. Overall, he does a good job aside from those 2 or 3 brain lapses he has in most games. But anyone who rips him simply doesn't remember Paul Hackett calling the plays. That was a living hell for Jets fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dcat;3635792]No.. Schott haters are a stubborn lot. They'll be back in full force. Although I sympathize with them from time to time because there are those moments when Schott gets too cute and outsmarts himself. Overall, he does a good job aside from those 2 or 3 brain lapses he has in most games. But anyone who rips him simply doesn't remember Paul Hackett calling the plays. [B] That was a living hell for Jets fans[/B].[/QUOTE]

Vinny and Wayne hated Hackett but one player compiled with a smile from his old college coach..:P

All League
    3rd quarter, 1st preseason game.

Banned
    In 2006 it was Pennington.

In 2007 it was Clemens.

in 2008 it was Favre.

In 2009 it was Sanchez.

Here in 2010? As long as Sanchez can stay healthy; This will be the first time that Shotty Jr has had a chance to work with the same QB in consecutive seasons. The trust factor will be there like never before between Marty's boy and Mark Sanchez.

Shotty Jr made sure to protect Sanchez last season with our rushing attack.

Shotty Jr took advantage of the Jets Offensive Attack; Rushing the rock like never before. The Jets set a Franchise Record for most rushing yards in a season last year. With a rookie QB under center.

If you ask me, he's done one hell of a job as our OC.

With our rushing attack? Along with 6 pass catching threats; I expect us to have a top 10 Offense this season. Maybe even top 5. We'll all be in love with Shotty Jr before we know it.

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3635779]Seems like its been waaaaaaay to long.

What gives, has Brian won your hearts over now?

Is it only a regular season eff you Schotty thing?

:huh::confused::huh:[/QUOTE]

He was never a good in-game playcaller so it will be interesting what happens with all of the weapons on offense this year. I'm sick of playing with the Chad Pennington playbook. We have a guy with an arm so we better use him properly. To this day, I cannot figure out how we still do not use Dustin Keller correctly. The guy cannot be covered. They should be using him like Denver used Shannon Sharpe. This is a make or break year for Schotty with all of the weapons on this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Schotty is brutal. Im already out in full force. At least our defensive coaches are sick

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3635810]In 2006 it was Pennington.

In 2007 it was Clemens.

in 2008 it was Favre.

In 2009 it was Sanchez.

Here in 2010? As long as Sanchez can stay healthy; This will be the first time that Shotty Jr has had a chance to work with the same QB in consecutive seasons. The trust factor will be there like never before between Marty's boy and Mark Sanchez.

Shotty Jr took advantage of the Jets Offensive Attack; Rushing the rock like never before. The Jets set a Franchise Record for most rushing yards in a season last year. With a rookie QB under center.

With our rushing attack? Along with 6 pass catching threats; I expect us to have a top 10 Offense this season. Maybe even top 5. We'll all be in love with Shotty Jr before we know it.[/QUOTE]

I actually think that Schotty will do well with finally having some consistency at QB. I'm not sure if anyone knows this but Shotty has never had the same QB play more than one season in his system. First it was Chad Pennington, then Clemens, then Brett Favre, and now Sanchez. With Sanchez staying healthy, that will be 2 years in the system. Couple that with our #1 rushing offense and our #1 defense and we're looking at a lot of wins. Then add LT and John Conner who they call the Terminator and I think we'll win even more games. But the time is NOW for Shonn Greene to lead this team. If he decides to wait till LATER, well then I think Joe McKnight will do a good job and probably pick up 1500+ rushing yards. I think he's a sleeper than not many people are thinking about.

All Pro
    I was a lot more OK with Schotty and his playcalling last year. Yeah, he had a couple of knucklehead calls but for the most part I felt like it was Rex's influence and the ground and pound mentality that took some of the pressure off him. That and the fact that he had more fun with Rex last year and than in the past few years with Mangini.

They'll come out after the first offensive series that ends with a punt.

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3635868]They'll come out after the first offensive series that ends with a punt.[/QUOTE]

If it was third and long on the previous play and we tried to run up the middle for a 2 yard gain, you bet we will.

Let's remember that nobody was interested in hiring this guy anymore as a head coach. So he had to pretend like he wanted to stay with us all along.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3635874]If it was third and long on the previous play and we tried to run up the middle for a 2 yard gain, you bet we will.

Let's remember that nobody was interested in hiring this guy anymore as a head coach. So he had to pretend like he wanted to stay with us all along.[/QUOTE]

He's not stupid, he's hitching his wagon to Rex cuz he knows it's his best shot at a HC gig, but there's no denying while looking at the guy on the sidelines that he's clearly having more fun under this regime.

[QUOTE=escamoter2;3635874]If it was third and long on the previous play and we tried to run up the middle for a 2 yard gain, you bet we will.

[B]Let's remember that nobody was interested in hiring this guy anymore as a head coach.[/B] So he had to pretend like he wanted to stay with us all along.[/QUOTE]

Buffalo was interested, he declined their interview.

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3635886]Buffalo was interested, he declined their interview.[/QUOTE]

They were looking for somebody with head coaching experience. He had no real chance and he knew it. And he knew he couldn't match up against Parcells, Belichick and Ryan.

All League
    I'm still not sold on Shotty.

Seemed like he got better when Rex started getting interested on the offensive side of the ball and the running game became front and center.

We'll see...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=escamoter2;3635889]They were looking for somebody with head coaching experience. He had no real chance and he knew it. And he knew he couldn't match up against Parcells, Belichick and Ryan.[/QUOTE]

Really? How do you know that's what he thinks?

You posted no one was interested. Bills were one that we know of. There have been others before, Miami comes to mind.

You couldn't get the easy part down, forget trying to tell people what he did or did not know.

Especially given Parcells isn't a coach of any team. :rolleyes:

wait a second. so you are saying that sch#tty didn't have the right tools to have a decent offense. what garbage, to be blunt. it's his job to make sure he puts his team in the right position to win and the simple fact is he has made numerous bone head calls and has tried to get too cute with the play calling. other teams have very effective short passing attacks. not sch#tty. other team can put up 20+ points per game. not sch#tty's. he is the common denominator. it's a lot like one of the knocks on mangini. he came in and got the personnel to clone the patsie defense but they were fair to middling. ryan comes in and after one season has them ranked number one. i'm certain that the jets could do much better than sch#tty. callahan? i'm not really sold on him as an offensive coach but there are guys like henning out their. this has got to be sch#tty's make or break season. no more excuses.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3635810]In 2006 it was Pennington.

In 2007 it was Clemens.

in 2008 it was Favre.

In 2009 it was Sanchez.

With our rushing attack? Along with 6 pass catching threats; I expect us to have a top 10 Offense this season. Maybe even top 5. We'll all be in love with Shotty Jr before we know it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3635830]Schotty is brutal. Im already out in full force. At least our defensive coaches are sick[/QUOTE]

Seriously, are you naive, or are you just trying to be an a-hole?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;3635901]wait a second. so you are saying that sch#tty didn't have the right tools to have a decent offense. what garbage, to be blunt. it's his job to make sure he puts his team in the right position to win and the simple fact is he has made numerous bone head calls and has tried to get too cute with the play calling. other teams have very effective short passing attacks. not sch#tty. other team can put up 20+ points per game. not sch#tty's. he is the common denominator. it's a lot like one of the knocks on mangini. he came in and got the personnel to clone the patsie defense but they were fair to middling. ryan comes in and after one season has them ranked number one. i'm certain that the jets could do much better than sch#tty. callahan? i'm not really sold on him as an offensive coach but there are guys like henning out their. this has got to be sch#tty's make or break season. no more excuses.[/QUOTE]

You're right, he had an experienced QB running his offense, no reason on earth that should limit any OCs ability to call plays.

Name all the teams [I]who have had other teams have very effective short passing attacks. not sch#tty. other team can put up 20+ points per game. not sch#tty's.[/I] while led my a rookie QB.

Of course you're not sold on Callahan. That's typical SOJF, he dislikes everyone who is here, longs for other teams garbage, it's always better than what's right in front of him. It's what happens when you don't have a clue.

Are people really this stupid? No wonder we all cringe at the clowns who make up SOJF.

Schottenheimer did have continuity at QB between seasons 1 and 2. Chad ended up getting benched because he was the fall guy for the teams problems. Im surprised people defend him. Nobody really stood up for Mangini and definitely nobody stood up for Bob Sutton, yet the defense performed better than the offense in both 2006 and 2007 and for most of 2008 until Jenkins fell apart. I think if the Jets stop all the passing on 3rd down and cut down on the interceptions he'll be fine, but thus far his offense seems to lead to alot of turnovers.