Thread: Rich Cimini gets embarrassed by Manish Mehta

Rich Cimini gets embarrassed by Manish Mehta

Last week Rich Cimini wrote an article speculating that Cromartie and the Jets could be in trouble because he had to rest his hip. Cimini went on to say that it could be an issue because he hurt his hip before. There was only one problem with Cimni's story: Cromartie hurt the [B][I]other[/I][/B] hip! :rolleyes:

This was the report written last night by Manish Mehta, the man who took over at the Daily News after Cimini left:

[B][SIZE="4"]Antonio Cromartie's hip is a 'nonissue' [/SIZE][/B]

[I]There’s no cause for concern over speculation that Antonio Cromartie rested for a few plays during minicamp due to lingering issues with his right hip according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

It was Cromartie’s left hip -- not his right -- that was fatigued during minicamp last week. :eek:

“His hamstring was fatigued and his hip was fatigued,” Cromartie’s agent, Gary Wichard, said. “(Defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman) was the one who chose to give him a few reps off. It wasn’t a big deal. At the end of the day, it was not the same hip that was hurt two years ago. It’s a nonissue. It was nothing. It’s typical training fatigue. He’s fine.”

Cromartie was a standout during the team’s offseason program. The Jets' cornerback was clearly the most impressive defensive player during offseason workouts and minicamp from what I saw. His athletic ability, frankly, is second to none.

“They were trying to connect the dots from 2008 to 2010,” Wichard said of the speculation. “But there are no dots. It’s the other hip. He had some fatigue after workouts. He didn’t say he was hurting. He said he could have practiced and done some more reps"[/I]

[url]http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/7837/Antonio-Cromartie-s-hip-is-a--nonissue-/Default.aspx[/url]

Some posters question why Jets fans do not care for this hack writer's work: We'll here is exhibit A. His articles are filled with a lot speculation and just a little facts. He does not even check to see if its the same hip that Cromartie injuried in the past :rolleyes:. Nice hire ESPN.

All League
    Charter JI Member

This is great. I just read the article in the Daily News and made the same connection. I was hoping someone here picked up on this too.

Make no mistake about it, I'm pretty sure the folks over at the Daily News knows that a majority of Jets fans hate Cimini and they will jump on the chance to make him look bad without calling him out, outright.

All Pro
    Thank god Cimini isn't a surgeon. He'd operate on the wrong organ on the wrong patient....:D

Stuff like this makes me never want to read a Cimini article/blog ever again.

Nice reporting, Rich. :eek:

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3635969]Thank god Cimini isn't a surgeon. He'd operate on the wrong organ on the wrong patient....:D[/QUOTE]

:rotfl:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Lets send the A-Team after Richard the Wrong..:yes:
    [IMG]http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c54102/x2_1c503f9[/IMG]

Veteran

Antonio Cromartie's hip is a

Antonio Cromartie's hip is a 'nonissue'
    Jun
    6/28/2010 8:56:09 PM | More

There’s no cause for concern over speculation that Antonio Cromartie rested for a few plays during minicamp due to lingering issues with his right hip according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

It was Cromartie’s left hip -- not his right -- that was fatigued during minicamp last week.

“His hamstring was fatigued and his hip was fatigued,” Cromartie’s agent, Gary Wichard, said. “(Defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman) was the one who chose to give him a few reps off. It wasn’t a big deal. At the end of the day, it was not the same hip that was hurt two years ago. It’s a nonissue. It was nothing. It’s typical training fatigue. He’s fine.”

Cromartie was a standout during the team’s offseason program. The Jets' cornerback was clearly the most impressive defensive player during offseason workouts and minicamp from what I saw. His athletic ability, frankly, is second to none.

“They were trying to connect the dots from 2008 to 2010,” Wichard said of the speculation. “But there are no dots. It’s the other hip. He had some fatigue after workouts. He didn’t say he was hurting. He said he could have practiced and done some more reps"

Jets Insider VIP
    Dr Cimini tends to get that medical stuff wrong.

One training camp at Hofstra that I attended, Pennington hit a helmet with his hand and came out after a few plays, The next day our Dick published a full back page scoop in 70 point type reporting that, based on what he had seen, Pennington had reinjured his shoulder and probably headed for an MRI and the IR...

went to Hofstra for the next practice and there was Pennington out on the field for the full practice not missing a beat.

I spotted Randy Lange (a really good reporter for the Bergen Record at the time and nice guy) on the sidelines and asked him if I could get an appointment with Doctor Cimini, the renowned Orthopedic Surgeon because I was having a little twinge in my shoulder and wanted his opinion

[QUOTE=Savage69;3635998]Lets send the A-Team after Richard the Wrong..:yes:
    [IMG]http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c54102/x2_1c503f9[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Who the heck is B.A.? Edwards?

[QUOTE=Maury77;3636107]Who the heck is B.A.? Edwards?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that too! :eek:

Oh Rich :nono:

Cimini is embarrasing...

No surprise though.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;3636030]Dr Cimini tends to get that medical stuff wrong.

[B]One training camp at Hofstra that I attended, Pennington hit a helmet with his hand and came out after a few plays, The next day our Dick published a full back page scoop in 70 point type reporting that, based on what he had seen, Pennington had reinjured his shoulder and probably headed for an MRI and the IR...[/B]

went to Hofstra for the next practice and there was Pennington out on the field for the full practice not missing a beat.

I spotted Randy Lange (a really good reporter for the Bergen Record at the time and nice guy) on the sidelines and asked him if I could get an appointment with Doctor Cimini, the renowned Orthopedic Surgeon because I was having a little twinge in my shoulder and wanted his opinion[/QUOTE]

I remember this too. That's funny. What did Lange say to you?

Jets Insider VIP
    I knew him from another message board I was involved with (the Babe Roof one) where I had moderated a chat he did there.

I said hello and asked him if he could get an appointment with Dr Cimini after his diagosis of Chad's serious shoulder reinjury. He laughed and repeated it to Leberfeld who was standing nearby.

Lange was a good reporter and is still a good guy now working in house for the team

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Maury77;3636107]Who the heck is B.A.? Edwards?[/QUOTE]

Yep ...:yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3636269]Oh Dick :nono:[/QUOTE]

fixed

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3636307]Yep ...:yes:[/QUOTE]

Should be Jenkins.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Now, now, nobody enjoys a good Cimini bashing as much as I do. However (I dislike him for reasons other than his journalistic talents or lack thereof) and don't ask me why, but I've noticed "a change" in his posts, blogs and tweets. Could it be ole Rich is phoning it in by having an ESPN intern review his notes & just write this stuff for him?

And hey, we all make mistakes. ;)
    Last edited by Limolady; 06-29-2010 at 04:07 PM.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3636275]Cimini is embarrasing...

No surprise though.[/QUOTE]

What an idiot, is he suicidal or what? Total douchebag

Hall Of Fame
    wait..his agent said this? what else is he to say..jets make any statement?