Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jets organization cares NOTHING about their fans

All League

The Jets organization cares NOTHING about their fans

I love this team, and have since I was a kid in the late 60's, but the current organization cares little or nothing about their long term REAL fans and season ticket holders.

A client of mine has been a season ticket holder for 25 years and just learned yesterday that he is losing his seats.

I spoke to him briefly on the phone and basically, he had had just gotten off the phone with the Jets who told him he was losing his seats. He said he has been consistently pressured to give up his seats and move down to better seats with PSL's. He refused and said he wanted to keep his seats because he didn't want to pay PSL's.

The Jets told him they tried but couldn't contact him because he changed his phone number, but NEVER sent him anything via mail. He feels it is a blatant move to push him out because he refused to pay PSL's, and quite frankly, I agree.

Whatever the accurate story is, the Jets should give their long time season ticket holders a little more respect than they are showing. This isn't the first long time fan I've heard these kinds of stories from, my mailman who's had seats for 35 years gave them up due to the high PSL's. Sad.

Let the debates begin.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;3635975]

Let the debates begin.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

i think you're about 18 months late...

btw.. i don't believe either of the stories in your post. There's no way the Jets 'cancelled' someone's seats because they had the wrong phone number. If you're a season ticket holder (especially a long time one) I'm pretty sure the Jets might also have your mailing address and email address. But that's besides the point - if they DID cancel his seats, it was due to him not paying his bill for the 2010 season - which would be 100% on your friend. I mean, he's a long time ticket holder afterall - wouldn't he realize that the 2010 bill is due?

as for your mailman friend.. sure, he might have not been able to purchase lower level seats equivalent to his old seats, but with his seniority, he could have had some of the best uppers in the stadium. If he chose not to buy them, then it's his own fault... not the Jets.

Practice Squad
    Is this really worth a new post?
    The PSL's are what they are.
    Personally I think it's BS, but it is what is is... They've been *****ed about since the new stadium was approved.

All League
    [QUOTE=shuler82;3635980][B]I'm pretty sure the Jets might also have your mailing address and email address. But that's besides the point[/B][/QUOTE]

Thats EXACTLY the point....Based on my talk with him, that's his argument....They never contacted him via mail....They made attempts via phone calls and nothing else....I'll see him today and get the scoop face to face.

Whatever the accurate story is, the Jets should give their long time season ticket holders a little more respect than they are showing. This isn't the first long time fan I've heard these kinds of stories from, [B]my mailman who's had seats for 35 years gave them up due to the high PSL's. Sad.[/B]

if your mailman can't afford a $2.5k PSL, he has bigger problems than missing Jets games next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    first of all, the Jets cancelled his tickets for only one reason -- he didn't pay for them. Full payment was due in April, I believe. Even if he thought the deadline was the old May 1 deadline -- did he think that NOW on June 29 he still wasn't required to pay for his seats?? Pretty funny to see him now blaming the Jets for his own failure to pay a bill

As to the mailman??? Another fairy tale IMO --- with 25 year seniority he claims to have he could have gotten decent UD seats with NO PSLs.... and then converted them for a measly 2500 per seat two weeks to LLEZ or Mezz b seats he could have actually enjoyed watching football from.

Sounds like two of SAR's old farts who have been getting a free ride on the 50 yardline for 85 bucks a ticket and want to continue doing so.

Maybe the thread title should be changed to The Jets Organization gave two of my pals a FREE RIDE for 40 YEARS. They should both say THANK YOU

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;3635975]I love this team, and have since I was a kid in the late 60's, but the current organization cares little or nothing about their long term REAL fans and season ticket holders.

A client of mine has been a season ticket holder for 25 years and just learned yesterday that he is losing his seats.

I spoke to him briefly on the phone and basically, he had had just gotten off the phone with the Jets who told him he was losing his seats. He said he has been consistently pressured to give up his seats and move down to better seats with PSL's. He refused and said he wanted to keep his seats because he didn't want to pay PSL's.

The Jets told him they tried but couldn't contact him because he changed his phone number, but NEVER sent him anything via mail. He feels it is a blatant move to push him out because he refused to pay PSL's, and quite frankly, I agree.

Whatever the accurate story is, the Jets should give their long time season ticket holders a little more respect than they are showing. This isn't the first long time fan I've heard these kinds of stories from, my mailman who's had seats for 35 years gave them up due to the high PSL's. Sad.

Up until this year there has been a waiting list for Jets games. That means the long time season ticket holders were underpaying all those years and essentially were getting the same benifit of a PSL for free. He is entitled to nothing and that's if the story wasn't totally fabricated which it clearly is.

The free lunch is over for everyone including the players. The sooner people understand that the better.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I don't really understand these "The Jets don't care about their fans" threads. I'm not sure what they should have done with the present process that would have made it seem like the care about their fans more.

Mind you, I think its a completely separate issue from "The Jets are incompetent" because of ____". Based on what we've seen, they could use a little more forethought before doing certain things. But, overall, considering the position they were in, the Jets did as much as they could to keep as many fans within the stadium as they could without having a charitable business plan.

Some people, no matter what you offered them, were not going to be happy. If you had 40 yard line seats 20 rows up for the last 50 years and you felt like those were your birthright (at only $100 a pop), you will be angry at the Jets for eternity. Nothing you can do about those people.

The Jets told him they tried but couldn't contact him because he changed his phone number, but NEVER sent him anything via mail. He feels it is a blatant move to push him out because he refused to pay PSL's, and quite frankly, I agree.[/quote]

so let me get this straight... he was consistently called to move to PSLs but they couldn't reach him to remind him his season ticket invoice was due in April? Sorry, but that story fails the smell test. BTW, all invoices are mailed via snail mail and posted on his Jets online account. If the story is true, which I highly doubt, it's no one's fault but his own.

[quote][B]Whatever the accurate story is[/B],[/quote] :rolleyes:

[quote]Let the debates begin.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Help me with this debate: can you ask your client which of these two sets of seats he thinks I should keep:

[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/greenhanzo/minicamp/Mezzcorner.jpg[/IMG]

or

[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/greenhanzo/minicamp/135minicamp.jpg[/IMG]

decisions, decisions! :)

Did your buddy pay for the seats?

No?

Well, no wonder :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL, the guy is complaining that the Jets didn't give him a break for being a deadbeat.

OMG, the Jets don't care about their fans because they won't let them keep their seats without paying.

Jets Insider VIP
    here's my suggestion

have your client buy a ticket for a few games, put on a firehat and lead cheers.... maybe he'll get free tickets in the lower bowl like our other paid mascot does

All Pro
    ok so 10 years ago my buddy and I put our names on Giants season ticket list as a business venture... Been getting calls since last year about PSLs... No extra money to invest in the ticket and hope to sell them so I gave the information to a co-worker.

Plenty of seats in club areas. He can get row 4 upper prime 318 (2 seats of aisle) , row 18 in section 131 on aisle, and 249 B (2 seats off siale) 50% down now plus ticket amount- balancne due March 2011.
    I tell my buddy to email and find out about parking... The PSL salesman tells him he has no idea and gives him the ticket office number (i guess another dept.)

the only parking for Giant season ticket holders are at the Secaucus junction station - then you need to get on the train to come into the stadium. To me that blows...

Jets Insider VIP
    won't be long before the Midgets bite the bullet that they have as many or more unsold seats than the Jets do and start running radio, print and other ads to try and sell them.

Lying to everybody has kept them under the radar so far as the Jets got battered for PSLs and unsold seats.

Mailmen are insane. Everybody knows this. They can't be trusted.

I find this hilarious. Just like SG3 said, he paid his invoices for 25 years and didn't think to call before June 29th this year? Ok...... During all those PSL upgrade calls he never asked about his invoice? Ok.......

I actually love these stories because it shows how the people who basically went to games for free in the past are mad now because they actually have to pay to see a Jets game. Can you imagine, how dare they!

Great story here, back in 2008 I was at the Pat/Jets game in section 120 row 2. The entire game the guy next to me is moaning and whining to anyone that will listen that he has had these seats for 24 years and now the Jets are going to kick him out because the PSLs are going to be $20k per seat in the new place for the same exact seats. "No way am I giving Woody $80k for these seats." I love the fact that this guy probably didn't renew in 2009 but probably could have had his exact old seats in row 2 for $2,500 each. Whoops!

People get old and complain about anything that is different. I'm sure I will do the same in 30 years when they are building a new stadium next to NMS. I'll probably b*&%# and moan that I already paid for a PSL in 2010........ I'll probably even forget to pay for my invoice like this guy :)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=buickrob;3636373]

People get old and complain about anything that is different. I'm sure I will do the same in 30 years when they are building a new stadium next to NMS. I'll probably b*&%# and moan that I already paid for a PSL in 2010........ I'll probably even forget to pay for my invoice like this guy :)[/QUOTE]

I'll be 96 then and probably will forget my name and what my family looks like if I'm still on this side of the grass

[QUOTE=sg3;3636375]I'll be 96 then and probably will forget my name and what my family looks like if I'm still on this side of the grass[/QUOTE]

I'll be 60 so good chance I will still want to go to games which also means there is a good chance I'll b*&$# and moan.

Side note, now I have a complaint. My old man is 64 and I had to buy the PSLs because he said he will be too old to go to games in 10-15 years. SG3, if you are 66 and bought PSLs I feel robbed:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=buickrob;3636373]I find this hilarious. Just like SG3 said, he paid his invoices for 25 years and didn't think to call before June 29th this year? Ok...... During all those PSL upgrade calls he never asked about his invoice? Ok.......

I actually love these stories because it shows how the people who basically went to games for free in the past are mad now because they actually have to pay to see a Jets game. Can you imagine, how dare they!

Great story here, back in 2008 I was at the Pat/Jets game in section 120 row 2. The entire game the guy next to me is moaning and whining to anyone that will listen that he has had these seats for 24 years and now the Jets are going to kick him out because the PSLs are going to be $20k per seat in the new place for the same exact seats. "No way am I giving Woody $80k for these seats." [B]I love the fact that this guy probably didn't renew in 2009 but probably could have had his exact old seats in row 2 for $2,500 each. [/B]Whoops!

[/QUOTE]

Probably still can.