Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expectations for Calvin Pace?

All League

Expectations for Calvin Pace?

He had 8 sacks last year in only 12 games in his first year in Ryan's system. It seems he is rarely talked about when it comes to this defense.

So, in the boring offseason, what do you expect out of Calvin Pace this year? I expect double digit sacks and for him to be in the Pro Bowl.

Sure, I can see that. I've been a fan since he came to NY.

I expect him to be a monster this year.
    Remember he missed 4 games as well last year.
    I actually think the JT addition may have a positive effect on Pace!
    Let them forget about Pace while they worry about JT... That should be fun to watch. Coming at you from every angle!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'm a big fan of Pace. He's a good player that hasn't really reached stud status yet. His size is basically prototypical for a 3-4 OLB (6'4" 265-270lbs) and he moves well. That suspension really hurt last season, he missed those games and then came back rusty as hell.

I agree with the double-digit sack prediction.

I think he'll get 10-12 sacks this year.

He has a hard time beating his guy on the outside to the QB sometimes. I'd like to see more Freeney type spin moves.

All League
    [QUOTE=Greaser;3636465]He has a hard time beating his guy on the outside to the QB sometimes. I'd like to see more Freeney type spin moves.[/QUOTE]

This is really the only reason that Pace isn't a Ware/Harrison/Dumervil type pass rusher. I don't know if he can develop moves at this point in his career, but he is still a good pass rusher. He just isn't elite; hopefully he can reach that status this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    He will get his usual 7-9 sacks. He is a good outside linebacker but only an average pass rusher.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3636488]He will get his usual 7-9 sacks. He is a good outside linebacker but only an average pass rusher.[/QUOTE]

So 8 in 12 games = 8 in 16 games...

Gotcha.

He's increased production over the last 3 seasons. Last season by a boatload given the circumstances.

No reason to think he won't hit double digits.

Unless of course you just want to pi$$ in some cheerios.

I think Jason Taylor is going to get 8-13 sacks.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]No reason to think he won't hit double digits. [/QUOTE]

The guy has average 4.1 sacks a year in his 7 year career. His career season high was 8 sacks in a year.

So u r giving me sh!t that I predicted his ceiling will be a career best 9 sacks? Get a clue bro.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think:
    Pace 10-15
    Taylor 10-15
    Harris 7-10
    Scott 5-7
    misc, LB's 7-10
    Ghost 8-12
    Jenkins 4-6
    Ellis 8-10
    CB's & S's 8-10
    Rex 3
    :yes:

[QUOTE=Jet Ski;3636517]I think:
    Pace 10-15
    Taylor 10-15
    Harris 7-10
    Scott 5-7
    misc, LB's 7-10
    Ghost 8-12
    Jenkins 4-6
    Ellis 8-10
    CB's & S's 8-10
    Rex 3
    :yes:[/QUOTE]

what he said :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3636508]I think Jason Taylor is going to get 8-13 sacks.[/QUOTE]

I do too. I also think Pace will get 10.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3636445]He had 8 sacks last year in only 12 games in his first year in Ryan's system. It seems he is rarely talked about when it comes to this defense.

So, in the boring offseason, what do you expect out of Calvin Pace this year? I expect double digit sacks and for him to be in the Pro Bowl.[/QUOTE]

Scary part is he was MIA for his first 2 games back. I don't know if it was his conditioning wAs off. Looking forward to see him play 16 under Rex.

Pace 10-15
    Taylor 10-15
    Harris 7-10
    Scott 5-7
    misc, LB's 7-10
    [b]Ghost 8-12 [/b]
    Jenkins 4-6
    Ellis 8-10
    CB's & S's 8-10
    [/QUOTE]

Little optimistic maybe?

Don't get me wrong it would be great!

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3636516]The guy has average 4.1 sacks a year in his 7 year career. His career season high was 8 sacks in a year.

So u r giving me sh!t that I predicted his ceiling will be a career best 9 sacks? Get a clue bro.[/QUOTE]

Problem is that teams come into matchups with the Jets knowing they won't have long to throw the ball. All week in preparation to face the Jets, opposing teams are working on getting the ball out quickly. That is the reason for our low sack totals in 2009. The positive to this is that the QBs rythem is off, resulting in lot of incompletions. I am hoping that our much improved secondary with help turn more of those rushed throws into INTs.

Regardless of our sack totals in 2009, I am sure we will continue to get a ton of hits on the QB, which can be just as big as a sack. This D is going to be fun to watch, I can't f-ing wait!

PS: stop pi$$ing in the cereal Joe W.

[QUOTE=Greaser;3636546]Little optimistic maybe?

Don't get me wrong it would be great![/QUOTE]

I think he was being sarcastic judging from Rex-3
    I bet the ghost gets a sack this year.

Pace 10-15
    Taylor 10-15
    Harris 7-10
    Scott 5-7
    misc, LB's 7-10
    Ghost 8-12
    Jenkins 4-6
    Ellis 8-10
    CB's & S's 8-10
    Rex 3
    :yes:[/QUOTE]

that would be some kinda record ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]PS: stop pi$$ing in the cereal Joe W. [/QUOTE]

some of you guys are unbelievable. I predict the guy has a chance to break his single season sack record and im pissing in the cereal? unbelievable.

Should I have just been unrealistic and said, Calvin pace will get 16 sacks this year. he will double his career high in sacks? Is that what u want to hear?