Thread: Jets website says Greene's the man

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets website says Greene's the man

Jets website says Greene's the man
    Jun
    6/29/2010 6:26:04 PM | More

According to Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post, on Monday ESPN aired an interview with LaDainian Tomlinson in which among other things he stated,. among other things, that he and Shonn Greene were competing for the starting running back job with the Jets. He added, "I think the best man is going to win the starting job. I'm tired of being doubted by so many people about what I can do."

No one on the Jets coaching staff including head coach Rex Ryan made any response to Tomlinson's remarks.

On the same day Tomlinson made those remarfs, however, the team's official website published a story with the headline"Greene's at the forefront of the backfield". The piece raves about Greene and only mentions using LT "in certain situations."

Bart Hubbuch seems to see the timing as more than a coincidence and commented via twitter "Hmmm, sounds like the Jets are trying to send a message of their own. Lead stories don't get on team Web sites by accident."

Let the competition begin.

Comments

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If LT is starting we are in trouble....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LT is done.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3636670]LT is done although miles better than Lawrence Maroney, Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris and/or Kevin Faulk.[/QUOTE]

FIXED

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the interview and I thought LT said all the right things. Me thinks Bart Hubbuch is trying to stir some sht

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;3636784]I saw the interview and I thought LT said all the right things. Me thinks Bart Hubbuch is trying to stir some sht[/QUOTE]

Bart Hubbuch is a dumbass, a bigger dumbass than Cimini, I never thought that would be possible!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayrad01;3636647]Jets website says Greene's the man
    Jun
    6/29/2010 6:26:04 PM | More

According to Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post, on Monday ESPN aired an interview with LaDainian Tomlinson in which among other things he stated,. among other things, that he and Shonn Greene were competing for the starting running back job with the Jets. He added, "I think the best man is going to win the starting job. I'm tired of being doubted by so many people about what I can do."

No one on the Jets coaching staff including head coach Rex Ryan made any response to Tomlinson's remarks.

[B]On the same day Tomlinson made those remarfs, however, the team's official website published a story with the headline"Greene's at the forefront of the backfield".[/B] The piece raves about Greene and only mentions using LT "in certain situations."

Bart Hubbuch seems to see the timing as more than a coincidence and commented via twitter "Hmmm, sounds like the Jets are trying to send a message of their own. Lead stories don't get on team Web sites by accident."

Let the competition begin.

Comments[/QUOTE]

I have not heard that there will be an open competition for the starter from any other source. That may be wishful thinking on LT's part. Everything I have heard states that LT has said he is fine with being the #2 guy.

That said, I frequently read the articles on the team's official website. Though I have no proof of this, from the general content and tone of the writers, I have surmised they (usually) do not have any more inside information than any other beat writer. They seem to be allowed to freely voice their opinions and speculate.

I believe this means no more than it would if it were written by any other writer and the fact that it was on the official website means little.
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 06-30-2010 at 06:59 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I am sure LT, at this point in his career has the ability to dart through the whole, run over Eric Weddle and then outrun cornerbacks on a 50 yard sprint into the endzone. Sure

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;3636784]I saw the interview and I thought LT said all the right things. Me thinks Bart Hubbuch is trying to stir some sht[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Greene's in pole position but LT will get his chances and spots to shine. I like that both are healthy and motivated :yes: