Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 NBA Free Agent Thread

Official 2010 NBA Free Agent Thread

The time has come, the most prolific free agent class since 96, and perhaps ever starts at 12:01 AM Thursday.

Where will basketballs elite choose to play?

Post any rumors/signings in here.

Top Free Agents

- LeBron James
    - Chris Bosh- Agreed with Miami.
    - Dwayne Wade- Agreed with Miami.

- Dirk Nowitzki- Agreed with Dallas.
    - Joe Johnson- Agreed to Max with Atlanta.
    - Amare Stoudemire- Agreed to Max with New York Knicks.
    - Carlos Boozer- Agreed with Chicago.
    - Rudy Gay- Agreed to Max with Memphis
    - David Lee

Post your predictions.

The Knicks will be back on top of the East.
    Last edited by Johnny Drama; 07-07-2010 at 04:53 PM.

Predictions

LeBron James- Knicks
    Chris Bosh- Knicks
    Dwayne Wade- Heat
    Dirk- Mavs
    David Lee- Nets
    Carlos Boozer- Chicago
    Joe Johnson- Chicago
    Amare Stoudemire- Heat
    Rudy Gay- Net

One can dream..

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Predictions

LeBron James- Knicks
    Chris Bosh- Knicks
    Dwayne Wade- Heat
    Dirk- Mavs
    David Lee- Nets
    Carlos Boozer- Chicago
    Joe Johnson- Chicago
    Amare Stoudemire- Heat
    Rudy Gay- Net

One can dream..
    I'll be praying tonight before bed hoping you're right, lol.

Knicks = Sign & Trade with Toronto Lee for Bosh or sign Stoudmaire
    Johnson

All Pro
    wtf are you guys thinking? bosh is basically sealed to Miami

Banned
    If you don't think David Stern has a hard-on for the Knicks take this into consideration: last January the MSG group (Knicks, Rangers etc.) issued an IPO. In an ingenius plan the Knicks devised a way Lebron could make a ton more money in New York than anywhere else. Aside the max contract and endorsements, Lebron would be able to buy stock in this new MSG stock, in essence working for himself and benefiting from the increase in the value of the stock he would cause.

http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/...-lebron-james/

So what does David Stern do when he hears about this? He has the NBA issue a statement that Lebron cannot buy stock in MSG if he signs with the Knicks.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...are_of_knicks/

What bunch of crap. In the private sector employees are allowed to own stock in the companies they work for all the time - it gives them a greater incentive to work harder and be more productive. Yet the NBA specifically disallows this because it might lead the Knicks to getting Lebron James.

Salary Cap circumvention? I'm sorry but the rules are the rules and nothing on the books prohibited this.

Bad precedent? Giving NBA players an incentive to work harder is supposed to be bad precedent?

F*ck David Stern

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    wtf are you guys thinking? bosh is basically sealed to Miami
    Really? Was not aware he agreed to a contract with the Heat already, Miami will get Boozer or Amare. Bosh is not sealed anywhere.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Really? Was not aware he agreed to a contract with the Heat already, Miami will get Boozer or Amare. Bosh is not sealed anywhere.
    The problem with Bosh signing with the Heat is that 1) he wants max money and the only way he can get it is thru a sign-and-trade from Toronto and 2) Bosh needs a good Center to play with otherwise the Heat are going to be vulnerable in the paint.

Bosh is soft offensively. He looks to shoot alot and most of his rebounds came from the fact that the teams he was on in Toronto had no rebounders besides him. He's not a physical player unlike Amare and Boozer. Yeah, Wade and Bosh will each score 25 pts a game but Bosh will be overmatched going up against guys like Dwight Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    The problem with Bosh signing with the Heat is that 1) he wants max money and the only way he can get it is thru a sign-and-trade from Toronto and 2) Bosh needs a good Center to play with otherwise the Heat are going to be vulnerable in the paint.

Bosh is soft offensively. He looks to shoot alot and most of his rebounds came from the fact that the teams he was on in Toronto had no rebounders besides him. He's not a physical player unlike Amare and Boozer. Yeah, Wade and Bosh will each score 25 pts a game but Bosh will be overmatched going up against guys like Dwight Howard.

I agree and if he has a true defensive center next to him, while he plays PF, he becomes even better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ebron will stay in Cleveland as he is not leavin 30 million on the table. But knick, heat and bulls fans can still dream for another week.

And then u will get he my heart is always in cleveland crap from lebron but he should just be truthful and say i had 30 million reasons to stay here

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Ebron will stay in Cleveland as he is not leavin 30 million on the table. But knick, heat and bulls fans can still dream for another week.

And then u will get he my heart is always in cleveland crap from lebron but he should just be truthful and say i had 30 million reasons to stay here
    If he stays in Cleveland I don't see him signing for more than 3 years.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    If he stays in Cleveland I don't see him signing for more than 3 years.
    Im doubting that he signs a max anywhere

Im doubting that he signs a max anywhere
    Good point!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Good point!
    I was serious.

Unless he is totally sold on a situation, I would think he signs a 3 year deal. The counterpoint is probably the uncertain CBA. After the new CBA, a max deal may be worth less money and Lebron may just go for the 'security' of a max now.

The Cavs reportedly refuse to sign and trade him not only to be spiteful but because no one interested in him has anything they want.

Clevelands beat writer, something Windhorst, said that he thinks its NYK(loves the legacy but isnt sure him and Bosh make it a title team), CLE(obviously) or CHI(Windhorst said he isnt afraid of Jordans shadow but I think its a factor.)

If Lebron isnt ready to grab the bull by the horns and come to NY and become a legend, actually take a bad team and turn it around and bring home the crown, so be it, go to miami and play with 2 other superstars and try to buy the championship, me personally would love to see the 3 go to miami and fall flat on their faces, it would be ****ing great

I was serious.

Unless he is totally sold on a situation, I would think he signs a 3 year deal. The counterpoint is probably the uncertain CBA. After the new CBA, a max deal may be worth less money and Lebron may just go for the 'security' of a max now.

The Cavs reportedly refuse to sign and trade him not only to be spiteful but because no one interested in him has anything they want.

Clevelands beat writer, something Windhorst, said that he thinks its NYK(loves the legacy but isnt sure him and Bosh make it a title team), CLE(obviously) or CHI(Windhorst said he isnt afraid of Jordans shadow but I think its a factor.)
    I know you were and I agree with you.

It makes the most sense.

That way he can redo all this again in 3 years if wherever he signs doesn't work out and he is still in his prime.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    If Lebron isnt ready to grab the bull by the horns and come to NY and become a legend, actually take a bad team and turn it around and bring home the crown, so be it, go to miami and play with 2 other superstars and try to buy the championship, me personally would love to see the 3 go to miami and fall flat on their faces, it would be ****ing great
    +1

Or he can go to Chicago and be compared to Jordan the entire time and never be as good or he can go to NY, win 1 friggin championship, and be a God forever like Messier.

And here we gooooo.......

Reports are that the Heat are already out of the LeBron sweepstakes.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post

Yup. Bosh is going to make out in terms of money this year because teams cleared out all this cap room for LeBron and teams are going to spend it on the likes of Bosh and Johnson when they cant get LeBron (or to entice James). None of these guys in a normal year would be max contract guys. I think the days of these types more or less passed when the Nuggets wildly overpaid for Kenyon Martin, but the circumstances of free agency are going to see the return of those contracts this year. Bosh is a nice player, but if he is the centerpiece the fans of the team will be sorely disappointed.