Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season tickets

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Season tickets

When do the Jets send out season tickets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    past years usually about 2 weeks or so prior to first home pre-season game.

thsi year with th edifferent pay options it may differ.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    mid july would be my best guess

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing 5 minutes before first pre season game! Seriously with all the PSL movement (upgrades) it's going to be hard to send out much in advance. I'm thinking they may even send the preseason games tix in early August and wait till early Sept for regular season.

Just think. Send out tix and then that person upgrades to new seats. Now they have to disable the barcode on the first set. Obviously can be done but the possibility of fraud increases with multiple sets of tix.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LV2;3637135]I'm guessing 5 minutes before first pre season game! Seriously with all the PSL movement (upgrades) it's going to be hard to send out much in advance. I'm thinking they may even send the preseason games tix in early August and wait till early Sept for regular season.

Just think. Send out tix and then that person upgrades to new seats. Now they have to disable the barcode on the first set. Obviously can be done but the possibility of fraud increases with multiple sets of tix.[/QUOTE]

You would think that there will be a cut off date for upgrades... but you can't blame the jets if a 2500 psl guy calls up and wants 10K psls

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3637219]You would think that there will be a cut off date for upgrades... but you can't blame the jets if a 2500 psl guy calls up and wants 10K psls[/QUOTE]It would be unreasonable this year while they're still in the process of selling seats. In future years, I imagine there will be.

Last year, tickets went out 3rd week in July.
    Last edited by ozu; 06-30-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Won't the upgrading stop once the tickets ship out? I would find it funny if they allowed you to upgrade after the first pre-season game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CMEC;3637228]Won't the upgrading stop once the tickets ship out? I would find it funny if they allowed you to upgrade after the first pre-season game.[/QUOTE]

you would think... but if the team is deperate to sell seats they may offer some sort of upgrades.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CMEC;3637228]Won't the upgrading stop once the tickets ship out? I would find it funny if they allowed you to upgrade after the first pre-season game.[/QUOTE]

If people are giving up uppers for lowers and the Jets have np reselling the uppers, expect some kind of new incentive to come out. Not a lowering of psl costs though - then they'd have to do it for everyone. Probably parking or food etc.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DUNCCFP;3637241]If people are giving up uppers for lowers and the Jets have np reselling the uppers, expect some kind of new incentive to come out. Not a lowering of psl costs though - then they'd have to do it for everyone. Probably parking or food etc.[/QUOTE]

also a possible situation like the Yankees did... For every 2 "premium seats" you owned as season ticket holder they gave you 1 free i believe...

So if you have lets say 2 Uppers and purchase 2 PSl they may give you 1 upper at half price and the other at face? i am sure they will figure something out.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    They will hold off on sending the tix as long as the have unsold PSLs.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LV2;3637298]They will hold off on sending the tix as long as the have unsold PSLs.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, people wouldn't receive their tickets in 2010! Because there is no way that they sell out before the season starts. I take that back, if they do a fire sale and sell the remaining PSL's for pennies over the dollar. Then just maybe!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

why? They just kill the barcode on those tickets and issue a new PDF to you in their place. No different from selling your tickets on NY Jets Ticket Exchange. You don't send your hard copy tickets anywhere. Ticketmaster kills your barcodes and issues a new PDF with new barcode to the purchaser. Paper tickets mean nothing. It's all in the bar code. That's why you have to trust the person from whom you buy hard tickets or PDFs in the parking lot. He could be selling you one with an invalid barcode and you will be denied entry at the gate.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3637398]. That's why you have to trust the person from whom you buy hard tickets or PDFs in the parking lot. He could be selling you one with an invalid barcode and you will be denied entry at the gate.[/QUOTE]

At their in lies the problem with this. Fraud will be rampant with multiple sets of "real" tickets out there.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3637398]why? They just kill the barcode on those tickets and issue a new PDF to you in their place. No different from selling your tickets on NY Jets Ticket Exchange. You don't send your hard copy tickets anywhere. Ticketmaster kills your barcodes and issues a new PDF with new barcode to the purchaser. Paper tickets mean nothing. It's all in the bar code. That's why you have to trust the person from whom you buy hard tickets or PDFs in the parking lot. He could be selling you one with an invalid barcode and you will be denied entry at the gate.[/QUOTE]

I know it's easy to kill a Hard ticket, I just wouldn't think they would want to bother with all of the hassle. If they are left with 2,000 or so remaining PSL seats allowing people to upgrade wouldn't result in them getting rid of those seats. Sure you will have some people that sit in the upper deck that want to move to the PSL sections. But I think for the most part allowing people to upgrade so late in the game will not solve Woody's major problem, selling all of those PSL seats.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LV2;3637435]At their in lies the problem with this. Fraud will be rampant with multiple sets of "real" tickets out there.[/QUOTE]

Very true, I could see them showing up on Craigslist. Face Value Jets tickets, hard tickets in hand! All of those buyers would assume they were getting great deals until they showed up at the stadium.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    anybody that buys a ticket from a site other than stubhub or nfl ticket exchange is looking to get scammed

and IMO 2000 tickets out of 82500 is far from a "major problem" for an NFL franchise or anyone.
    Last edited by sg3; 07-01-2010 at 04:49 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    They could just make returning the original ticket blocks as part of the upgrade deal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CMEC;3637454]Very true, I could see them showing up on Craigslist. Face Value Jets tickets, hard tickets in hand! All of those buyers would assume they were getting great deals until they showed up at the stadium.[/QUOTE]This has happened since they started issuing tickets via TicketMaster. It's not going to change this year either. The bottom line is that no one should ever ever buy a hard ticket from someone they don't trust implicitly.

This is 2010. If they had legit tickets, they'd be able to forward them to you via email.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;3637629]
    This is 2010. If they had legit tickets, they'd be able to forward them to you via email.[/QUOTE]

:confused:

This doesn't guarantee 'legit' tickets either. A seller could easily forward the same e-tickets to 10 different buyers if he chose to.. only the first one to get to the gate would get in.

That's why I'd stick clear of craigslist or buying in the lot... hard or email tickets, you have no guarantee. Stubhub has a money back guarantee, and Ebay the seller has feedback - go with a trusted seller, and you will be fine.
    Last edited by shuler82; 07-01-2010 at 10:36 AM.