Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Bars in Hoboken

Veteran

Jets Bars in Hoboken

Does anyone know of any Jets bars in Hoboken NJ? For instance, I know Texas Arizona is a Steelers bar. Where do we hang out when the team's on the road?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I don't believe there are really any 'Jets' bars. Sure, there are plenty of places where the game will be on the big screen, but there's not 'the' bar where Jets fans gather to watch the game

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

For away games when we are not actually at the away games in the host city I usually hook up with JumbalayaJet in Jersey City.

Plenty of "Jet friendly" bars there & I'm sure in Hoboken too, so your best bet is to ask Jumba. ;)

Pretty sure there are no Jets specific bars.

My favorite bar over there is the Black bear, tvs everywhere, a bunch of games on, and the food is good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Limolady;3636996]For away games when we are not actually at the away games in the host city I usually hook up with JumbalayaJet in Jersey City.

Plenty of "Jet friendly" bars there & I'm sure in Hoboken too, so your best bet is to ask Jumba. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in checking out game day at the Zeppelin Beer Garden in JC- they have a huge indoor space with several gigantic screens. I'd just be worried that the place might be a madhouse

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=shuler82;3637019]I'd be interested in checking out game day at the Zeppelin Beer Garden in JC- they have a huge indoor space with several gigantic screens. I'd just be worried that the place might be a madhouse[/QUOTE]

Ok I'm in. Let's check with Jumba & his JC crew. Also we can plan on an away game that starts at 4 p.m. versus 1 p.m. so we can get there early and grab a good meet spot for everyone. ;)

party at my house!!!! i cant get as wild and as crazy as i would want unless im in my own home (been kicked out of 2 bars for talkin sh*t to opposing team fans-queers!) so its beers, bottles n blunts at my house!

thats really the way to go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=n9ne7thr3e;3637034]party at my house!!!! i cant get as wild and as crazy as i would want unless im in my own home (been kicked out of 2 bars for talkin sh*t to opposing team fans-queers!) so its beers, bottles n blunts at my house! thats really the way to go.[/QUOTE]

Cool! Can you post your address? :D

Lived in Hoboken going on 8 years....and sadly there is no official jets bar.

Texas Arizona, while definitely a steelers bar, also gets a ton of jets fans there.

Libery bar (uptown hoboken) just redid their tvs and gets a good amount of jets fans.

GreenRock is a great atmosphere for a game....if you are on the younger side. Music during commericials, and more of a party atmosphere, but they have sound on for jets and giants games.

Stay away from mcswiggins, thats the Pats bar.

Veteran
    Thanks for the ideas. I thought I read somewhere, like NJ.Com or something, maybe Hoboken411.com, where people said the town is definitely a Jets town. I was surprised to hear that. Some good suggestions in here- Black Bear's a great spot, and the Beer Garden in JC sounds sweet too, I've been meaning to get there. McSwiggins looks pretty ghey, so that's fitting its a Pats* bar.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The Village Tavern (there's a few NYC locations) is opening up in the old O'Donaghue's spot on 1st street.. maybe we can make that place a Jets bar..

Veteran
    That's a great idea! And a dive, very appropriate.

I'm not kidding though, I'll help you do that.

New Meadowlands stadium parking lot

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Jumba must be working his day job or I am sure he would have chimed in on this thread already. I'm sure he'll have plenty of suggestions. He is also friends with a bunch of bar owners in the JC/Hoboken area that would LUV 2 have a NY Jet meeting spot in their establishment.

Great food, big screens TV & tons of taps? I'll leave that to the expert. Ask anyone who has had the pleasure of hanging with Jumba on a football Sunday and he is The Sultan of NY Jets Swillin & Swiggin.

:D

Hobson's gets a lot of Jets fans for the games. It's right next door from Texas Arizona.

All League
    McSwiggins and Texas Arizona are probably the best in terms of viewing screens but they're claimed by Pats and Steelers fans.

I "tailgate" at Texas Arizona Sunday mornings before hopping on the train to the game. It's a good atmosphere.

Practice Squad
    I used to go to Odonoghues on first for the away games, I think it's a great idea to start a strong showing to turn the village pourhouse into a jets bar. I think that place is going to be good for it in hoboken.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3636985]Does anyone know of any Jets bars in Hoboken NJ? For instance, I know Texas Arizona is a Steelers bar. Where do we hang out when the team's on the road?[/QUOTE]

So..when are we gonna fire bomb Texas Arizona?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Paddock;3637263]I used to go to Odonoghues on first for the away games, I think it's a great idea to start a strong showing to turn the village pourhouse into a jets bar. I think that place is going to be good for it in hoboken.[/QUOTE]O'Ds was a great place to watch the Jets. Free melon ball shots when the green team scored. Black Bear is the best sports bar in Boken. As for JC, Zepp's is a great hang to watch the talent at night, but the jury's out on football. For day games I'd imagine the sun doesn't help the big screen viewing, and the other rooms are kinda small. My favorites are White Star(small but a great kitchen, pizza and ribs!), Lucky 7's(when the hipsters are still sleeping), O'Hara's(tell Maria I sent you). Micheal Anthony's provides a great view of NY skyline and you can smoke outdoors. The Lampost has been taken over my some friends and has a good nieghborhood vibe. Couple new places opening as well. All have NFL Package with White Star leading the TV contest. I'd be happy to join in any gatherings at the aforementioned establishments. In JC I normally watch the first half somewhere and then arrive at the next destination in time to kickoff the 2nd half.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 07-01-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=ozu;3637253]McSwiggins and Texas Arizona are probably the best in terms of viewing screens but they're claimed by Pats and Steelers fans.

[B]I "tailgate" at Texas Arizona Sunday mornings before hopping on the train to the game. It's a good atmosphere[/B].[/QUOTE]

Just curious - how does this work exactly? Are bars open on Sunday morning sufficiently early that you can get in a few pops before heading out? And how long does it from the time you leave the bar til you get to the stadium?

When my tailgate fell apart for the MIA game in 08', we watched the early games at Shortys right by the Port Authority drinking pitchers and eating cheesesteaks and then jumped on the bus at 3:30 - worked real well. The Hoboken plan could be real convenient though especially with the direct train.