Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former QB Randall Cunningham's son, 2, drowns in hot tub

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Former QB Randall Cunningham's son, 2, drowns in hot tub

Tragic.

RIP

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/US/randall-cunningham-son-drowns-hot-tub/story?id=11053458[/url]

[QUOTE]The 2-year-old son of former NFL quarterback Randall Cunningham drowned in a backyard hot tub in Las Vegas that his father, who is now a minister, used to perform baptisms, authorities said today.

[IMG]http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/nm_Randall_Christian_Cunningham_100630_mn.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    Last edited by jetstream23; 06-30-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    very tragic.. but what minister uses a hot tub to baptize people in?:huh:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's terrible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Randall Cunningham's 2 year old son was found drowned in a backyard hot tub

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ex-qb-cunninghams-son-drowns-in-hot-tub?GT1=39002[/url]

Former NFL star Randall Cunningham’s 2-year-old son was found dead after apparently drowning in a backyard hot tub at his Las Vegas home, authorities said.

The Las Vegas Review Journal reported the news late Tuesday.

The child was discovered at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday by a woman and several children at Cunningham’s house.

The woman removed the boy from the water and attempted to perform CPR, Las Vegas police Lt. Dennis Flynn said.

The child was pronounced dead at St. Rose Dominican Hospital Siena campus in Henderson.

The death was being investigated by abuse and neglect detectives, but Flynn said the drowning appeared to be an accident.

Cunningham, 47, played for 16 years in the NFL with the Philadelphia Eagles and the Minnesota Vikings before retiring in 2002.

The former UNLV star is now an ordained minister and pastor of a church in Las Vegas. He wasn't home when the boy was found.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry please delete or merge.. I scanned and still missed the other thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...Jesus...so sad...sympathies to the Cunningham family...damn....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a two year old and if i found out he was near any body of water unsupervised there would be another death as well.

R.I.P.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can only hope that an incident like this leads someone to securely cover a hot tub and prevent another unnecessary death. Take lessons out of tragedies.

[QUOTE]Since 1990, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reports more than 800 deaths in whirlppools and hot tubs. About one-fifth of those were drownings of children under age 5.

[U]The agency advises consumers to place a locked safety cover on the spa whenever it is not in use and keep children away unless there is constant adult supervision.[/U]

In addition, since 1990, CPSC reports 43 incidents (including 12 deaths), involving hair or clothing being sucked into the suction fitting of a spa, hot tub, or whirlpool, causing the victim's head to be held under water.[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very tragic.

Also very negligent, I might add.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poor guy....God

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn! :rip:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How the EFFFF do you let this happen? HOW?
    A two year old can get into and on everything. Lock it up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    This type of accident is one of my biggest fears as a parent. My son loves the water and will seek it out whenever he's around it. He doesn't have any appreciation of the dangers pools/hot tubs present.

My heart goes out to Randall and his family. I can't think of anything more devastating than to lose a child.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3637101]Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible.[/QUOTE]

:( RIP

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;3637131]I have a two year old and if i found out he was near any body of water unsupervised there would be another death as well.

R.I.P.[/QUOTE]

Actually a large percentage of drownings happen during supervision.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3637192]This type of accident is one of my biggest fears as a parent. My son loves the water and will seek it out whenever he's around it. He doesn't have any appreciation of the dangers pools/hot tubs present.

My heart goes out to Randall and his family. I can't think of anything more devastating than to lose a child.[/QUOTE]
    i hear you. even though my daughter knows how to swim, i still get antsy when she is in the water.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    :(

Tragic.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    what good can possibly come of something tragic like this? If God really does have a plan, how would taking a 2 year old fit into it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]what good can possibly come of something tragic like this? If God really does have a plan, how would taking a 2 year old fit into it? [/QUOTE]

I am a good Catholic boy but I would not blame the parents if they lost faith after this. Nobody deserves to lose a child like this. I have a 5 year old son and he is my life. If something like this happened............................... well I cant even go there.

I pray for Randall Cunningham and his family.