Thread: Hurricanes' Brind'Amour retires

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!

Hurricanes' Brind'Amour retires

Former Carolina Hurricanes captain Rod Brind'Amour announced his retirement Wednesday afternoon, but says he will take on some role with the team's front office.

Brind'Amour, who will turn 40 in August, played in 1,484 regular-season games and 159 postseason games, collecting a total of 1,295 points.
    He led the Hurricanes to their only Stanley Cup championship in 2006.

"For 10 years, Rod Brind'Amour has represented the best of Hurricanes hockey," general manager Jim Rutherford said. "He helped the franchise reach two Stanley Cup finals and led the team to its first championship. His work ethic set the bar for what is expected in our locker room, as did his professionalism and leadership. I look forward to working with Rod as he begins his next chapter in hockey."

Brind'Amour had served as the Hurricanes' captain from August 2005 to January, when Eric Staal, 25, was named captain. Brind'Amour remained an assistant captain.

Brind'Amour, drafted by the St. Louis Blues ninth overall in 1988, won consecutive Selke Trophy awards as the NHL's top defensive forward (2005-06 and 2006-07).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5343269

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    The opposition, but must be acknowledged.