Thread: Rivers to remain Celtics coach

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!

Rivers to remain Celtics coach

Doc Rivers says he's returning to coach the Boston Celtics for a seventh season.

"I'm coming back," he said in a text message, The Boston Globe reported. "I want another crack at it with this group."

Rivers, who guided the Celtics to the 2010 NBA Finals and led the franchise to its 17th NBA championship in 2008, has one more year remaining on his contract.

"Doc is excited to come back and coach our team next year," Danny Ainge, the Celtics' president of basketball operations, told ESPN.com. "He feels rejuvenated about coaching this group next season." Ainge declined to get into details of Rivers' contract situation. Ainge said last week that he wanted Rivers to take a week to decide after the emotionally draining Game 7 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals, but remained confident Rivers would return.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba...ory?id=5343264

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    Doc Rivers says he's returning to coach the Boston Celtics for a seventh season.

"I'm coming back," he said in a text message, The Boston Globe reported. "I want another crack at it with this group."

Rivers, who guided the Celtics to the 2010 NBA Finals and led the franchise to its 17th NBA championship in 2008, has one more year remaining on his contract.

"Doc is excited to come back and coach our team next year," Danny Ainge, the Celtics' president of basketball operations, told ESPN.com. "He feels rejuvenated about coaching this group next season." Ainge declined to get into details of Rivers' contract situation. Ainge said last week that he wanted Rivers to take a week to decide after the emotionally draining Game 7 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals, but remained confident Rivers would return.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba...ory?id=5343264
    Theres a BIG hill. The Celtics are over it.

<SEEMYSIGREALTALK>

Banned
    Sounds like Rivers is confident the Celtics can keep Pierce and Allen or even get younger.