Thread: I love Brett Gardner

All Pro

I love Brett Gardner

As much as any straight guy can love another man, I love him.

I love speed and hustle guys. If you can run like that, you can get an infield single here and there to stay out of long slumps. He runs, plays a good outfield, and has at least some pop.

I'm not saying he's an All-Star, or an MVP, but man I LOVE players like that on the team. Guys who get on first, and your problems are just starting.

He's shown he can be an every day player. He's hit on every level, so I don't believe his hot start is abnormal. Gardner and Swisher should be 2 main stays in the Yankee outfield moving forward. Granderson on the other hand has pretty frustrating to watch. He's had several big home runs to win games, but other than that.. he's pretty bad. He's pretty much continued to regress since his great year in '07. I'm a bit worried about him. He's owed over $20 million from us after this season for '11 and '12. I would not be against shipping him after the season and signing Crawford in free agency. I think Crawford is a bettter fit since he can play LF and Gardner can move to his strong suit in CF. Crawford can also be plugged into the top of the lineup. We'll see. Still lots of baseball to be played here in '10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He's shown he can be an every day player. He's hit on every level, so I don't believe his hot start is abnormal. Gardner and Swisher should be 2 main stays in the Yankee outfield moving forward. Granderson on the other hand has pretty frustrating to watch. He's had several big home runs to win games, but other than that.. he's pretty bad. He's pretty much continued to regress since his great year in '07. I'm a bit worried about him. He's owed over $20 million from us after this season for '11 and '12. I would not be against shipping him after the season and signing Crawford in free agency. I think Crawford is a bettter fit since he can play LF and Gardner can move to his strong suit in CF. Crawford can also be plugged into the top of the lineup. We'll see. Still lots of baseball to be played here in '10.
    Ship him where? Who can pick up that contract? To date, I also am disappointed in him, I thought he would have a huge year in this line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    he's been a huge letdown.Maybe the Yanks will have to eat like half of his contract to move him.He can't hit lefties at all.

They really need to add a outfielder by the deadline,cause they need to sit Granderson against lefties

Jets Insider VIP
    I went to the game yesterday and sat in section 118 with 3 buddies who had never been to the Stadium before. The third inning started off very innocently with a single by Gardner and when he got up again with the bases loaded, I just knew he was going to get a hit.

A grand slam?

Nope... didn't see that coming.

Love the way Gardy plays.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I went to the game yesterday and sat in section 118 with 3 buddies who had never been to the Stadium before. The third inning started off very innocently with a single by Gardner and when he got up again with the bases loaded, I just knew he was going to get a hit.

A grand slam?

Nope... didn't see that coming.

Love the way Gardy plays.
    And there is just something about watching a home grown player come up, grow up, and contribute. With his speed, average, and defense, if he can hit 10-12 HR he will be the IDEAL #2 hitter, possibly even leadoff.

Yeah I wish we could get rid of Granderson and sign Crawford in the offseason.

LF-Crawford CF-Gardner RF-Swisher

I think Crawford would be a 20+ HR hitter at YS, plus hes the best defensive LFer in the game.

All Pro
    Granderson has been a disapointment for sure. But Gardy's first half sort of makes up for it. But didn't we expect Cg to hit about .250 and K alot?

Banned
    Another fine home-grown Yankee to shut up the haters.