Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Independence Day

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Independence Day

I would like to wish all posters on this board a safe and happy 4th of July.

It's been a difficult time, but history says we are a resilient nation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny you should say "difficult". Yes, it has been very difficult in my personal life and also for the team. The team is so close to my heart, it's almost like the Jets are a part of my personal life. It's the one thing I can always fall back on when everything is going badly in my life. I can ALWAYS look forward to the game.

Happy 4th everyone. Be sure to drive slow and drink milk. Don't let your meat loaf and all those other phrases good for a small laugh.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy 4th everyone !

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the 4th of July, always have. More recently I have realized the corruptness of this government and the more understanding I gain of 1776, the more I realize how awesome the founding fathers were for resisting tyranny and following a higher (natural) law. Let the first beers cracked be in their honor and the timeless lessons they exemplified never forgot. Who knows, we might need another "overthrow the government" day soon and we could only hope it goes so well. :birthday:
    Last edited by jefethegreat; 07-04-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3639065]I would like to wish all posters on this board a safe and happy 4th of July.

It's been a difficult time, but history says we are a resilient nation.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Be safe- have fun everyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat;3639071]I love the 4th of July, always have. More recently I have realized the corruptness of this government and the more understanding I gain of 1776, the more I realize how awesome the founding fathers were for resisting tyranny and following a higher (natural) law. Let the first beers cracked be in their honor and the timeless lessons they exemplified never forgot. Who knows, we might need another "overthrow the government" day soon and we could only hope it goes so well. :birthday:[/QUOTE]

Well, although I would never advocate overthrowing the government, I do hope for some serious change during the next election. I want small government, a lot less social programs, I want lower taxes, no welfare, and I want plenty of jobs for people. I want the constitution adhered to. I'm convinced you need to make your own way in this country. If you do, you'll be that much more prowd of yourself for having done it on your own.

Whenever I hear the phrase, "social justice", I cringe. I will never understand the logic behind that phrase.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always loved Boston's take on the National Anthem. Happy Fourth of July.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KebmrZu8nDQ[/url]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3639098]Well, although I would never advocate overthrowing the government, I do hope for some serious change during the next election. I want small government, a lot less social programs, I want lower taxes, no welfare, and I want plenty of jobs for people. I want the constitution adhered to. I'm convinced you need to make your own way in this country. If you do, you'll be that much more prowd of yourself for having done it on your own.

Whenever I hear the phrase, "social justice", I cringe. I will never understand the logic behind that phrase.[/QUOTE]

There is no need to "physically" overthrow the government, all you need to do is remove your consent from it. [URL="http://tmh.floonet.net/articles/laboetie.html"]http://tmh.floonet.net/articles/laboetie.html[/URL] We have to remember the meaning of Independence Day. Independence Day is about realizing that through free association and thought we created a truly new world. Hopefully some people will remember that. Explain this to your children when you light fireworks off tonight. Explain the duty of a citizen in a Republic. Explain how the celebration of independence should be cherished because of the way that the structure of society changed; the ability of the American people to resist the tyranny and hierarchy of Europe made America a political pioneer. God bless this grand experiment.

[QUOTE] When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — [B]That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.[/B] Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. -The Declaration of Independence (Thomas Jefferson)[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by jefethegreat; 07-04-2010 at 11:34 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides the day off, the 4th of July does nothing for me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3639151]Besides the day off, the 4th of July does nothing for me.[/QUOTE]

If Chaddy cakes was born on the 4th it would be..:yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy 4th of July everyone. About to get the grill going (If it ever stops raining) and get down on some Liquor with the fam.

You know why God gave us eyes in the front of our head? So we don't look back, we gotta keep it moving. Same goes for our Special Country; We gotta keep it moving. As a Country, a good 4-5 years from today, I hope we can become stronger than ever.

The War on Terror... We had to stand up for our Country. One thing is for sure, another 9-11 hasn't happened since... Well, 9-11.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Defense Wins Championships 2;3639157]Happy 4th of July everyone. About to get the grill going (If it ever stops raining) and get down on some Liquor with the fam.

You know why God gave us [B]eyes in the front of our head[/B]? So we don't look back, we gotta keep it moving. Same goes for our Special Country; We gotta keep it moving. As a Country, a good 4-5 years from today, I hope we can become stronger than ever.

The War on Terror... We had to stand up for our Country. One thing is for sure, another 9-11 hasn't happened since... Well, 9-11.[/QUOTE]

Actually all predators have their eye's in the front, prey have them on the side.. BTW according to the current administration there is no War on Terror they worry more about jobs at 7-11 then another 9-11..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just came back from the movies with my wife and son. Going to start grilling soon, but right now enjoying an iced cold [I]Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier.[/I] This stuff is just spectacular. The good folk at Spaten know what they're doing.

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3426/3827202906_431fc7233d.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 07-05-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat;3639109]There is no need to "physically" overthrow the government, all you need to do is remove your consent from it.[/QUOTE]

You could always just try voting. Just sayin.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to disrupt the conservative circle-jerk, but conservatives back in the 1770s were Loyalists.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=beemer;3639199]Not to disrupt the conservative circle-jerk, but conservatives back in the 1770s were Loyalists.[/QUOTE]

They were, I would call conservatives of today Classical Liberals of Yesteryear. It all a bunch of bull**** name calling lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3639190]Just came back from the movies with my wife and son. Going to start grilling soon, but right now enjoying an iced cold [I]Fraziskaner Hefe-Weissbier.[/I] This stuff is just spectacular. The good folk at Spaten know what they're doing.

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3426/3827202906_431fc7233d.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

That is a GREAT beer.:yes:

If you are in the mood for a good american version, give this a try(if they sell it in your neck of the woods). Its been my favorite beer for the past 4 years, winter, summer and fall.

Pyramid Hefeweizen. They for some reason changed the name to Haywire Hefeweizen, but its the same beer, same brewer.

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2491/3796284133_d715c7b94f.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    with you there. imo the real difference is that the founding fathers thought in very basic common sense terms about what they wanted their government to be and how they wanted it to operate. it's only since we've started teaching university subjects like political science and placed a huge emphasis on lawyers that we have gotten into trouble. when our very own former president questions the meaning of "is" then you know something is rotten. enough of the doubletalk and enough of the newsspeak. once we get back to basics, we will be able to refocus on moving ahead.

[QUOTE=jefethegreat;3639071]I love the 4th of July, always have. More recently I have realized the corruptness of this government and the more understanding I gain of 1776, the more I realize how awesome the founding fathers were for resisting tyranny and following a higher (natural) law. Let the first beers cracked be in their honor and the timeless lessons they exemplified never forgot. Who knows, we might need another "overthrow the government" day soon and we could only hope it goes so well. :birthday:[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3639157]
    The War on Terror... We had to stand up for our Country. One thing is for sure, another 9-11 hasn't happened since... Well, 9-11.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that the hi jackers were not from Iraq, right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3639230]You do realize that the hi jackers were not from Iraq, right?[/QUOTE]

You are correct, we all know they flew from Boston* airport.