Ian Kinsler
    Jose Bautista
    John Buck
    Vernon Wells

NATIONAL LEAGUE

Starters:

C. Yadier Molina
    1B. Albert Pujols
    2B. Chase Utley (injured; replacement is Martin Prado)
    3B. David Wright
    SS. Hanley Ramirez
    OF. Ryan Bruan
    OF. Jason Heyward
    OF. Andre Ethier

Pitchers:

Roy Halladay
    Josh Johnson
    Tim Lincecum
    Tim Hudson
    Jonathan Broxton
    Arthur Rhodes
    Adam Wainwright
    Chris Carpenter
    Brian Wilson
    Evan Meek
    Ubaldo Jimenez
    Matt Capps
    Yovani Gallardo

Reserves:

Chris Young
    Omar Infante
    Brian McCain
    Martin Prado
    Marlon Byrd
    Brandon Phillips
    Scott Rolen
    Michael Bourn
    Corey Hart
    Jose Reyes
    Ryan Howard
    Matt Holliday
    Adrian Gonzalez

Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-04-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yankees:

Cano
    Jeter
    Sabathia
    Hughes
    Rivera
    A-Rod

No Pettitte, Gardner, or Swisher.

I think Gardner or Swisher should of got the nod before A-Rod. I assume Pettitte told Girardi he didn't want to go.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-04-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pissed Swish was not a reserve, I would have to guess the same about Pettitte too.

Actually surprised A-Rod made it, Joey Votto was the biggest snub out of both teams. Nice to see Wright get that starting spot. Thought Pelf would get in too.

Who do you think starts for the A.L?

Hughes, Price, Lester?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    CC pitches on Sunday, so he can't pitch in the game. I bet Andy replaces him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did Girardi get to choose the pitchers? If so I think the only logical thing is that Pettitte said give the AS game to the kid Hughes, because Pettitte based on numbers has been one of the best AL pitchers this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Pissed Swish was not a reserve, I would have to guess the same about Pettitte too.

Actually surprised A-Rod made it, Joey Votto was the biggest snub out of both teams. Nice to see Wright get that starting spot. Thought Pelf would get in too.

Who do you think starts for the A.L?

Hughes, Price, Lester?

Yeah Swisher deserves it more than A-Rod, him and Cano have been our best hitters this year for the most part.

There is one more vote to get Swisher in.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joey Votto not making the NL roster is insane.

Thank god he's on the final 5 man vote. You all can thank Charlie Manuel for picking Howard over Votto.
    Last edited by Super Mario; 07-04-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is PELFREY???????

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMaynard View Post
    Where is PELFREY???????
    I can see both sides of the argument with him being in or out

How funny is it with KRod being as bad as he has been that both Wagner and Bell are borderline allstars

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    I can see both sides of the argument with him being in or out

How funny is it with KRod being as bad as he has been that both Wagner and Bell are borderline allstars
    What's the argument for Pelf not deserving a spot on the All Star team? Seems like an obvious snub to me.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see the Rays with three starters in Evan Longoria, Carl Crawford and David Price.

Would be amazing to see David Price start.

Our Closer, Rafael Soriano; Really deserved to make the team.

Rafael Soriano: 31 games, 2-0 record, 1.47 ERA, 30.2 innings pitched, 28 K's/5 walks, 21 saves/1 blown save. 18 hits/6 runs allowed; Whip of 0.75

Mariano Rivera: 32 games, 2-1 record, 1.11 ERA, 32.1 innings pitched, 32 K's/6 walks, 18 saves/2 blown save. 16 hits/6 runs allowed; Whip of 0.68

Not to take anything away from Mo; The greatest closer of all time. Rivera is also have an outstanding season, but as a closer... Soriano does have 3 more saves/1 less blown save.

I just feel Soriano should have made the AL Team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm more of an NL than an AL fan, so the weaknesses stand out more, but I think Manuel did the worst job picking an all star team ever.

Amongst position players, Omar Infante, Chris Young, Ryan Howard, and Michael Bourn are 4 of the worst picks in recent memory. Infante doesnt start and doesnt even even have the requisite rate statistics to justify playing. Chris Young is an average to below average hitter with a solid home run total that is almost totally dictated by his home park. Ryan Howard ranks between 5th and 11th in every relevant hitting category amongst 15 qualified 1B, which almost defines 'average'. Michael Bourn, well, his defining statistic is a 25/7 SB/CS rate, which just about says it all.

Now Bourn and Young sort of had to be picked in a way so that their teams had representatives. How about picking Kelly Johnson instead of Omar Infante to clear up one slot, since KJ, like, plays every day and has noteworthy power numbers for a 2B. Alternately we can go with Mark Reynolds, who might be superior in every single aspect of his game to Chris Young. For Houston, we can correct one of the several pitching errors by picking up Roy Oswalt. This frees up 4 extra positional player slots, one of which is obviously Joey Votto, and I would go with Carlos Gonzalez #2. The third option should probably be Josh Willingham, who has been near the top of the league in OPS for a couple of years now. The last slot has a myriad of options, but I'm putting in Andrew McCutcheon to correct a pitching error. (We are removing Evan Meek, since nobody pays to see middle relief, and replacing him with Oswalt). Also I cant really believe that Marlon Byrd is a better all star than Randy Wells, but to maintain some hitter/pitcher numerical balance we will keep Byrd.

Amongst the pitchers, the obvious incongruity is with the Padres having no all star representatives. We can correct this by removing Arthur Rhodes, who - at the age of 8 billion and with something of a defined track record - will get murdered in an all star game (and nobody wants to see him). Brian Wilson is universally worse than Billy Wagner or Heath Bell - as a Braves fan I'm putting in Wagner. Matt Capps is no better than KRod, so we can replace him with Bell. Mullet boy has great star value, but in terms of years, Pelfrey blows him away in every stat but K's, but since the Giants would then have no representatives, he would get squeezed out. Fortunately, Heyward and Utley will be replaced, and Pelfrey should definitely be one of the replacements.

Prado, Hanley, Wright, Braun, Ethier, C Gonzalez, A Gonzalez, Reyes, Phillips, Rolen, Votto, McCutcheon, KJ, Byrd, McCann, Hart, Holliday, Willingham
    Oswalt, Pelfrey, Bell, Wagner, Latos, Capps, Lincecum, Wainwright, Johnson, Jimenez, Hudson, Halladay, Carpenter, Gallardo, Broxton.
    [FINAL FAN VOTE GUY, FINAL IR GUY]

So 30% of the accurate roster differs from what Charlie Manuel picked. If I didnt think that Charlie Manuel was a semi literate toothless bastard child of Bum Phillips and grandma from the Beverley Hillbillies, then I certainly do now. He is living breathing proof of the irrelevance of a manager to winning titles.
    Last edited by hamburglar; 07-05-2010 at 08:49 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    What's the argument for Pelf not deserving a spot on the All Star team? Seems like an obvious snub to me.

Other than managerial stupidity the only argument is the bumper crop of strong NL pitchers. Even so it still qualifies as a snub.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Nice to see the Rays with three starters in Evan Longoria, Carl Crawford and David Price.

Rafael Soriano: 31 games, 2-0 record, 1.47 ERA, 30.2 innings pitched, 28 K's/5 walks, 21 saves/1 blown save. 18 hits/6 runs allowed; Whip of 0.75

Mariano Rivera: 32 games, 2-1 record, 1.11 ERA, 32.1 innings pitched, 32 K's/6 walks, 18 saves/2 blown save. 16 hits/6 runs allowed; Whip of 0.68

Not to take anything away from Mo; The greatest closer of all time. Rivera is also have an outstanding season, but as a closer... Soriano does have 3 more saves/1 less blown save.

Save totals = meaningless

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mo>>>>Soriano

Not even close.....

Heres a stat for you DWC....

Sorianos 2009 line.

Pre all star game-1.48 ERA
    Post all star game-4.91 ERA

If you want to argue for Soriano to be in, maybe argue he should of been in over Feliz, who has a 3 ERA as a closer.
    Last edited by k.Rhodes25; 07-05-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post

Save totals = meaningless

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
    Other than managerial stupidity the only argument is the bumper crop of strong NL pitchers. Even so it still qualifies as a snub.
    You are right....but worse than Pelf not getting chosen is the fact that no San Diego Padre was selected/voted in...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    CC pitches on Sunday, so he can't pitch in the game. I bet Andy replaces him.
    This is exactly what is going to happen. Girardi knew Sabathia was going to pitch on Sunday and therefore be ineligible. So CC will be replaced on the All Star roster with Pettitte.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    You are right....but worse than Pelf not getting chosen is the fact that no San Diego Padre was selected/voted in...
    Between May and June Pelfrey has an ERA around 3.7...i have no problem with him not making it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is Omar Infante an All Star? That might be the worst selection I've ever seen.