Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs. Athletics @ Oakland Coliseum

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yankees vs. Athletics @ Oakland Coliseum

NEW YORK YANKEES VS. OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Tonight: RHP Javier Vazquez (6-7, 5.11) vs. RHP Ben Sheets (3-7, 4.98) @ 10:05 p.m.

Tuesday: LHP CC Sabathia (10-3, 3.33) vs. RHP Trevor Cahill (8-2, 2.74) @ 10:05 p.m.

Wednesday: RHP A.J. Burnett (6-7, 4.90) vs. LHP Gio Gonzalez (7-5, 3.50) @ 10:05 p.m.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-05-2010 at 01:35 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    hopefully we can beat up on the A's while the sux and TB gheys pull each other further out of first

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brett Gardner LF
    Derek Jeter SS
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Nick Swisher DH
    Curtis Granderson CF
    Francisco Cervelli C
    Colin Curtis RF

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aceves had another setback, basically we should forget about him returning this year.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I like Gardner hitting leadoff and Jeter 2

IMO that should be the norm going forward

I also like getting Colin Curtis in there verses righties ... Gotta see more, but that kid just looks "hitterish"
    I like it too, but not with Jeter hitting behind him. Jeter swings at everything now. His at bats rarely see 3-4 pitches. He never has time to steal a bag, and Jeter hits so many balls to the SS he's a double play machine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else experience problems with YES tonight? They didn't start showing the game until around 11:10 (an hour late) by me. No clue why.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it just me or is this umpire squeezing Javy Vasquez SOMETHING FIERCE

ALL NITE TOO

He's given Javy a strikezone the size of a postage stamp

If I was him I would be furious
    Don't look now, but Javy is turning his season around very nicely. After tonight, ERA down to about 4.8 Another good start after this, down around 4.5. Not great, but getting pretty respectable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem here, YES has been running the game all nite ... must have been your service provider
    Very strange. Was looking forward to watching a good portion of the game during our poker game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me. If Mo closes out this game. Who is the MVP of the game. Javy or Mo?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Tell me. If Mo closes out this game. Who is the MVP of the game. Javy or Mo?
    Just had to throw that out there.

The difference is, Mo can also be the hero tomorrow and the day after, what's Javy going to do? (I'm on your side, but had to be a pain).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Just had to throw that out there.

The difference is, Mo can also be the hero tomorrow and the day after, what's Javy going to do? (I'm on your side, but had to be a pain).
    That's what happens when you pitch 7 innings compared to 1.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was easy enough...

Good win. Gained a game on the Sox.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Javy, but every other team in baseball has a much better chance of losing this game, some more than others, but ALL more than the Yankees ... and losing these types of games are killers, the kind where you don't sleep well
    I don't disagree with that at all. You're 100% right, bu it's still over 80% that another closer finishes that game off, if not more.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-06-2010 at 12:49 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Don't look now, but Javy is turning his season around very nicely. After tonight, ERA down to about 4.8 Another good start after this, down around 4.5. Not great, but getting pretty respectable.
    What has happened to this point becomes irrelevant, same with Tex. If Javy can win 8-10 games down the stretch and have a successful role in the playoffs, will we ever remember the fact that his era was in double digits through most of April?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Dallas Braden would rather not wear this 'get off my mound' t-shirt

I never thought I would be saying that I agree with Dallas Braden on something. Man, the Oakland A's must be desparate if they are going to resort to this:

http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/201...t-634.html.php

Here it is folks; the Oakland A's marketing department at its most desperate best. The message on this fine garment, "Get Off My Mound," of course refers to the famous feud between Dallas Braden and Alex Rodriguez, recounted here, in case you're unfamiliar. So the Yankees are back in Oakland, and this shirt is in the news (although it's actually been on sale at the Coliseum for more than a month). Problems: The Major League Baseball Players' Association wouldn't approve the shirt, so Braden's name was left off. And Braden himself hates it. Which is causing a bigger feud between Braden and the A's front office than there ever was with A-Rod.

"It's just not cool," Braden told the New York Daily News, referring to the shirt. "It's just a serious, gross lack of tact. At the end of the day, I hope I do not become associated with that kind of approach."
    "They're trying to generate revenue, trying to get butts in the seat, I can see that," Braden said. "It's almost like, at what cost do you do that? They didn't have permission. They were told on multiple occasions, that, no, it's not a good idea. It's not going to be approved. They just kind of put the horse-blinders on and ran with it."
    Hearing of Braden's concerns, the A's marketing department fired off a statement of its own.

"We regret that Dallas has expressed concern in regards to the 'Get Off My Mound' T-shirts that are being sold throughout the stadium. The organization created these shirts in response to numerous fan requests and made them to generate interest in this series...We will speak privately with Dallas about this to clarify our position and make sure we have a clear line of communication going forward."
    'Numerous fan requests'? Seriously? Your team is 41-43, and this is what you wish for?

I also have a hunch that the phrase 'clear line of communication going forward' actually means 'If you ever criticize us again, you'll be pitching for the Midland RockHounds.'

Braden, by the way, is on the disabled list with an elbow ailment, and is 0-5 since his perfect game. And New York's Robinson Cano strolled into the Yankees' trainers room on Monday wearing one of the shirts, getting laughs from his teammates, just before New York beat Oakland 3-1.

A's to Dallas Braden: 'Get off our marketing campaign' [SB Nation]
    Braden T-shirt not popular with A's players [New York Daily News]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brett Gardner LF
    Derek Jeter SS
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Nick Swisher DH
    Jorge Posada C
    Curtis Granderson CF
    Colin Curtis RF

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like we are once again sleepwalking on offense to start again. There are just some nights where it looks like they don't want to battle

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FYtheSG View Post
    It looks like we are once again sleepwalking on offense to start again. There are just some nights where it looks like they don't want to battle
    Thanks for proving me wrong guys

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FYtheSG View Post
    I usually wait til at least the 5th inning to b*tch about the offense.

After the lineup has seen the pitcher a few times...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I usually wait til at least the 5th inning to b*tch about the offense.

After the lineup has seen the pitcher a few times...
    Lol, fair enough