Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Bob Probert R.I.P

  1. #1

  2. #2
    His 87-88 season remains one of the most impressive seasons for a player in NHL history. 62 points in 74 games while spending 398 minutes in the penalty box. Unreal.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    The NHL's most beloved coke smuggler.
    Last edited by FF2; 07-05-2010 at 08:37 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    The NHL's most beloved coke smuggler.
    And DUI-er. But let's not speak ill of the dead.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    And DUI-er. But let's not speak ill of the dead.
    Agreed. Let's not.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Agreed. Let's not.
    Good. Because this is neither the time nor the place to talk about what a drug-addled dirtbag he was. This is a time for remembering his hockey accomplishments and the family he left behind, and not a time for making even passing references to his numerous drug-related arrests or how fortunate he was to have made it to 45 without having killed himself or others before then. Thanks for joining me in this show of respect.

  8. #8
    One of my all-time favorites. Arguably the toughest guy to lace 'em up, and he can play the game too. Yeah, he had his problems, but I can't judge him because I never knew him.

    RIP, Probey.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    One night while bartending in Banff, I almost had to break-up a bar fight with Probert....that was a lucky night.

    RIP

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    O Yeah, he had his problems, but I can't judge him because I never knew him.
    I never knew OJ.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Good. Because this is neither the time nor the place to talk about what a drug-addled dirtbag he was. This is a time for remembering his hockey accomplishments and the family he left behind, and not a time for making even passing references to his numerous drug-related arrests or how fortunate he was to have made it to 45 without having killed himself or others before then. Thanks for joining me in this show of respect.
    RIP.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Read an article about him in Maxim years ago. Very intense guy. Definitely suited to be an enforcer.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us