Thread: Will any UDFA's make the Jets 53 man this year?

Will any UDFA's make the Jets 53 man this year?

I hope one or two make the team this year on the defensive side.

All League
    I think Reamer has a good shot from what I've heard.

Possibly Donovan Warren and Kevin Basped as well.

[QUOTE=MCBNY;3639559]I think Reamer has a good shot from what I've heard.

Possibly Donovan Warren and Kevin Basped as well.[/QUOTE]

BASPED is a BEAST!

Kevin Basped or Cory Reamer will make it. The other will be on the Practice Squad unless another team signs said player to their 53 man roster.

Donovan Warren is a long shot, but has a chance. For whatever reason I just don't believe Rex will cut Coleman to make room for Warren.

reamer has a outside chance as a special teamer... maybe warren if he plays lights out... but most of these guys are practice squaders.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3639586]These are the 2010 UDFA's I'm taking serious for a possible shot at the 53, or the PS if not the 53

Couple have already been mentioned but I'll list them too

OLB Kevin Basped
    DB Donovan Warren
    DB Brian Jackson
    TE Jeff Cumberland
    OL Charlie Tanner
    LB Corey Reamer

I think Basped, Cumberland and Warren or Jackson (one, not both) have the best chance to make the 53

The others (Tanner, Reamer and loser of Warren/Jackson battle) are more likely PS candidates in my view[/QUOTE]

Basped has a shot IF the Jets carry 9 LBs. The first 8 are already locked in I think.
    Tanner - I don't think the Jets carry 9 OL. The first 8 are also already locked in. PS.
    Warren. Not fast enough at CB. There are already 5 guys at safety with Lowery moving there. PS (he hopes).
    Reamer - PS?
    Jackson - again the Jets have 5 CBs. Maybe he can beat Coleman or Cole.
    Cumberland - interesting in that Rex had nice things to say about his receiving. Mulligan is strictly a blocker. Jets need another guy at the position who can actually catch. Maybe+ for the 53, definite for PS at least.

kevin besped and donovan warren will make the roster.because of need at d.e. and safety.the jets lucked out.when they signed these two players.

Veteran
    I think all reports lead to Basped if any, plus the guy has had to battle through tougher things in life. He would be a true success story, he has the drive to make it for sure.

Good Comment

[QUOTE=124;3639640]Kevin Basped or Cory Reamer will make it. The other will be on the Practice Squad unless another team signs said player to their 53 man roster.

Donovan Warren is a long shot, but has a chance. For whatever reason I just don't believe Rex will cut Coleman to make room for Warren.[/QUOTE]

I think Coleman has stuck this long is because he does not get hurt. But all the plays of his that I remember are him getting beat. I like Cole better, I will say something about the rookies when I see them. I think Lowery at safety is a great move. He's not fast, so he gets beat sometimes, but has a great nose for the ball and delivers big hits, just what you need in a safety. Don't blink, he may end up starting at safety.

just as a general rule, teams loading up for a super bowl run, who were in the conference champ game the year prior, without a whole lot of free agent losses, usually don't have many roster spots for UDFA.

my guess is maybe 1 makes it. 2 is a long shot. None would be the smart bet.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;3639747]Basped has a shot IF the Jets carry 9 LBs. The first 8 are already locked in I think.
    Tanner - I don't think the Jets carry 9 OL. The first 8 are also already locked in. PS.

Reamer - PS?

Cumberland - interesting in that Rex had nice things to say about his receiving. Mulligan is strictly a blocker. Jets need another guy at the position who can actually catch. Maybe+ for the 53, definite for PS at least.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I think that you have to look at it as 15 slots for the front 7 (I'm figuring 10 dbs). Rex is a master at putting "LB's" on the line and I don't think Basped is cut merely because of 8 "LB's"--that is, I think he makes the team if he can line up at DE. In fact, I am counting on it and hence another reason VG is expendable.

From what I have heard, and the little I have seen, it appears to me that Mulligan has become a decent TE and I think he can catch the ball. Cumberland has skills but will find the PS or another team.

I really like Reamer and I think he makes the squad.

I think one safety goes to Philly and maybe its Warren.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3639954]I think the UDFA with the best chance at the 53 is Cumberland.

Not because he's any better than Basped, Warren or Jackson, but he has some talent and the need for a #2 Receiving TE is begging for someone to step forward and take it.

Right now, as is, if the Jets lost Keller for any length of time they would essentially have to scrap every play in the book designed to utilize the TE in the passing game.

So Cumberland has a better [B]opportunity[/B] to make this team than any other UDFA in my view.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point, Cumberland seems to be in the perfect spot for his abilities. Still hoping for Basped to make it though, I just find him to be a very intriguing prospect

[QUOTE=124;3639640]Kevin Basped or Cory Reamer will make it. The other will be on the Practice Squad unless another team signs said player to their 53 man roster.

Donovan Warren is a long shot, but has a chance. For whatever reason I just don't believe Rex will cut Coleman to make room for Warren.[/QUOTE]

you have to be kidding.you can bet your bottom dollar.that if it comes down to a choice between warren and coleman.the choice will be warren.

michigan has a good track record. for sending defensive backs to the n.f.l.plus warrens godfather is a coach for the jets.that helps.