Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Suberbowl reservations

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Suberbowl reservations

Now I know I hedgeing my bet but I made a reservation at a hotel in arlington texas for suberbowl weekend. I was amazed at what most hotels are charging per night. 400 bucks a nite for a days inn. Un believable. I say to the Jet faithful that beleive like me.....make your reservation now and make sure you can cancel. I dont think Im gonna hafta though!!!:yes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking into this a week or two ago. All the hotels in my loyalty program (starwood) were no refund deals. They charged your card immediately and no refund available!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have relatives in the area with a place to crash. I'm driving down. Who wants to car pool and share costs? :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

How long is the drive?

[QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3640203]I have relatives in the area with a place to crash. I'm driving down. Who wants to car pool and share costs? :D[/QUOTE]

How long is the drive? Can you get tix?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3640193]BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/QUOTE]

I just have to say +1.

If it happens, are you guys gonna feel as the smartest fans ever?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right guys.

1000 other people will reply with the same idea, and if it happens, 6 of you will go. Love the internet.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3640333]Right guys.

1000 other people will reply with the same idea, and if it happens, 6 of you will go. Love the internet.[/QUOTE]

hater.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3640438]hater.[/QUOTE]

Realist

[IMG]http://www.xxlmag.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/plies_realist.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My office is in Dallas so I will be scheduling my monthly meeting accordingly when the Jets make the SB. Plenty of places to stay in Dallas area which is not too far from Arlington. Went to a Rangers game about two weeks ago and it was 93 at 8:00 at night. Spent most of the game in Club Cuervo. Cowboys new stadium looks nice from the outside.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/counter-strike-1-6/943168019d1240763972-sourcebans-facepalm21.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live 35 minutes from the stadium without traffic.

I will let you put up a tent on my lawn for $150.

That offer stands to the rest of you as well.

Just pee in the neighbors grass, not mine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;3640045]Now I know I hedgeing my bet but I made a reservation at a hotel in arlington texas for suberbowl weekend. I was amazed at what most hotels are charging per night. 400 bucks a nite for a days inn. Un believable. I say to the Jet faithful that beleive like me.....make your reservation now and make sure you can cancel. I dont think Im gonna hafta though!!!:yes:[/QUOTE]

If you are part of a miles program, you can often get the "retail" rate through the online system without it noticing.

As I write this, I am sitting in a suburb of Dallas. I grew up here. I attended college in Dallas. I know Dallas. If I attend the Super Bowl, I get to stay free with my parents or my sister.

Nevertheless, I will impart my years of DFW wisdom to those who might visit the Metroplex.

Cowboys Stadium (aka the "Death Star") is located in Arlington which is in the "mid-cities." Located roughly halfway between Dallas and Ft Worth, it is an OK place to stay. For the most part, the hotels are mediocre at best.

BUT - there is no real reason to stay in Arlington. In all likelihood, you will need a car to need to take shuttle to the game. As a result, you can stay in one of the hundreds of good rooms available in two major cities (Dallas or Ft Worth) and other suburbs.

If I was renting a room for the event, I would recommend:
    1. Value: Stay someplace like Plano or Richardson. You'll have a long driver (45minutes), but save a fortune. Not the coolest location for party factor.
    2. Fun Locations: Stay in Downtown Dallas or Fort Worth. Both cities have decent (for the South) nightlifes withing walking distance of the downtown hotel.

If I had to rent a hotel room and money didn't matter, I would go for downtown Ft Worth.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;3640318]How long is the drive? Can you get tix?[/QUOTE]

When I drove up to the northeast, I made it by myself in a day and a half. With two drivers and driving at night, you could probably make it in one LONG day.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;3641853]
    If I was renting a room for the event, I would recommend:
    1. Value: Stay someplace like Plano or Richardson.[/QUOTE]

lol. Everywhere from Plano, Farmers Branch, Richardson, even as far as Mesquite, Garland, etc... Are all going to have their rates raised for the week leading up to the Superbowl and the weekend will be extremely high.

Go look two of the more decent hotels off 635 in the Hilton and Sheraton and see what their rates are.

The friggin' things are booked already lol.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;3641855]When I drove up to the northeast, I made it by myself in a day and a half. With two drivers and driving at night, you could probably make it in one LONG day.[/QUOTE]

Impossible.

It's 1600 miles from Darien to Dallas.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;3640045]Now I know I hedgeing my bet but I made a reservation at a hotel in arlington texas for suberbowl weekend. I was amazed at what most hotels are charging per night. 400 bucks a nite for a days inn. Un believable. I say to the Jet faithful that beleive like me.....make your reservation now and make sure you can cancel. I dont think Im gonna hafta though!!!:yes:[/QUOTE]

Maybe you will sell your reservation to me or some other team fan . Recoup your money If jets fall short in their bid.